Options

uk members

DEMON CLEANERDEMON CLEANER Posts: 242
edited March 2008 in The Porch
how many dudes from the uk managed to get either msg tickets?i was lucky enough to get tickets for the 1st nite so i cant complain.i did try for the 2nd nite but was shut out everytime but hey where there's a will there's a way!ive never been to new york and it was my dream to see pj play at msg and now its gonna happen!
COYS!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    nice I'm very happy for you , I will have to wait for the Next time they play :(
    xx
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    Hi

We got tickets for both MSG shows. It's been my husband's dream to see PJ there since early/mid 90's and we can't believe it's going to happen. Chances are this could be the last time we get to see PJ.. and what a way to go out !
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Not this time for me, I can't afford another trip like 2003 for a while! Congrats to you though, you'll have an amazing time as we did last time. If your going all that way you should try and get another show in, the amphitheatre experience is pretty cool. You've still got TM to go to so all is not lost for night 2.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    Gen wrote:
    Hi

We got tickets for both MSG shows. It's been my husband's dream to see PJ there since early/mid 90's and we can't believe it's going to happen. Chances are this could be the last time we get to see PJ.. and what a way to go out !
    im flying out on 22nd june and coming back 29th,will book my flights when i get back from vegas/hawaii and la.yeah going to see eddie.
    COYS!
  • Options
    im flying out on 22nd june and coming back 29th,will book my flights when i get back from vegas/hawaii and la.yeah going to see eddie.

Cool, you'll get a decent amount of time to explore NYC then. We're flying to Vegas on 16th June, then on to San Francisco on 20th, then on to NYC on 23rd and back home on 26th.. busy busy busy!

• Options
    where you staying in vegas?im staying at the palms.
    COYS!
  • Options
    where you staying in vegas?im staying at the palms.

I think that was one of our options but in the end we went for the tack-tastic Luxor (to go to Vegas and not stay in a themed hotel is a sin!). 4* and around £60 a night - I couldn't believe it!

• Options
    andshewasandshewas Posts: 31
    yep we'll be there!!! :)
  • Options
    did you check the palms website?wow! i cant believe you chose the luxor over the palms.dont forget the star rating is a tourist grading and more like a 3 star,but hey im sure you'll have a blast!
    COYS!
  • Options
    andshewas wrote:
    yep we'll be there!!! :)
    thats what i like to hear.
    COYS!
  • Options
    did you check the palms website?wow! i cant believe you chose the luxor over the palms.dont forget the star rating is a tourist grading and more like a 3 star,but hey im sure you'll have a blast!

nah, we just booked everything through hotels.com . Plus a good friend of ours has stayed at the Luxor before and gave it rave reviews.

• Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Gen wrote:
    Hi

I am the aforementioned husband.

I am getting a little concerned that we haven't actually got out MSG night 2 tickets as the tickets have shown up in my profile but I've yet to receive a confirmation email or have my card charged for the second night. I have an email in with the 10C about it. I just want to know if we got them or not, so I know whether to try for some in general sale in a couple of weeks.

actually....scratch that, I've just had it confirmed that the MSG 2 transaction is there.

Either way, this trip is going to be....wait for it.....legendary!
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Yep, i managed to get tickets too, as others have said has always been my dream to see them play there, i am so excited!!!
    Anyone find any good deals on flights?
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19
  • Options
    We're flying return to Newark from Bristol with Continental for under £800 for the both of us. Bargain!

• Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    how many dudes from the uk managed to get either msg tickets?i was lucky enough to get tickets for the 1st nite so i cant complain.i did try for the 2nd nite but was shut out everytime but hey where there's a will there's a way!ive never been to new york and it was my dream to see pj play at msg and now its gonna happen!

yo yo yo nice one man, wish i could!
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,091
    Gen wrote:
    We're flying return to Newark from Bristol with Continental for under £800 for the both of us. Bargain!

I've been looking at those, they vary a lot on different days though, appear to be more expensive on weekends.

We managed to get 10C tickets night 2 but got shut out on night 1, so'll be trying on Ticketmaster for those....

Went to New York in 2002 and am really looking forward to going back there's so much to see/do there :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Yep, i managed to get tickets too, as others have said has always been my dream to see them play there, i am so excited!!!
    Anyone find any good deals on flights?
    im flying out of stansted with eos.
    COYS!