NOBLESVILLE Pre-Party, Fundraisers & Post-Party!!!

Comments

• shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Ok, I'm staying at the Cambria Suites-can I REALLY walk to VWMC from there or no? I know distance wise I could, but would I be like a drifter on the highway? like are there sidewalks? I have VIP parking so that might be still the best option, no?

Or should I take one those famous Horse and Buggie rides Noblesville, IN is known for? :lol:

Yes, they do have sidewalks over there now for most of the way. Definitely walkable distance.

@shadowcast: That is not that far away, but like Ample Jar said, avoid I-69! Tell the cabbie to take back roads. If you need help with directions/map, just let me know.

It just hit me when I woke up this morning that this is only 4 days away!!

You guys are the best!! Thanks!!
  • vedderman71vedderman71 Posts: 62
    shadowcast wrote:
    I know there are cabs out that way just bustin some balls. But how cool would that be to arrive to the show on horseback? I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at 9785 North by Northeast Blvd. what am I about 10-15 minutes away from the venue? Thanks for the info!!!

My family and I are local farmers...I could let you borrow a tractor for the night if you like! :lol:

I'm working on some "local" directions 4 10C peeps. Or feel free to PM me on here...
    Cheers, to a great Friday nite!
    I’ll say your prayers I’ll take your side
    I promise a way to make light...
    What's saved could be one last lifetime
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

I could let you borrow a tractor for the night if you like! :lol:

sign me up. that'd be pimp :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • YieldAheadYieldAhead Posts: 44
    shadowcast wrote:
    Is it easy to get a cab out in those parts? Or is it Horse and buggie?

C'mon Chicago man....it may not be Chi-town but far from horse and buggy.
    Verizon...or Deer Creek to us locals, is off of Exit 10 (a bit ironic for us 10C'ers), so only 10 minutes north of 465. Our airport slows down after 11 pm, so the cabbies will be glad for the N-east business.

Keystone is on the very North side of Indy- i.e., think about 1 o'clock on a watch, and Deer Creek is like 2-fifteen'ish.
    The problem for those headed to the show from the Sheraton is that 465 East bound on the north side is a major construction F-up! And 4-6 pm is "rush hour" for north-siders commute.
    So my advice is: 1.) leave before 4 pm for the show 2.) my very best advice is to get a local map or a local to give you directions using local streets to Noblesville, then THIS is KEY: take St Rd 38 from Noblesville into the North or top-side entrance to Deer Creek.
    Coming into Deer Creek off of I-69 is for tourists/out of towners...it is a major traffic jam for most shows (trust me, i used to live off of exit 10). Do yourself a favor and mapquest a route from Noblesville using St Rd 38...then park in VIP parking...it's worth the ca$h...you'll be outta there much quicker.

Thanks for the inside info. When I google map it, it takes me up SR-38 to Greenfield. Good way to go? Also, what road is the VIP parking entrance on?
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    YieldAhead wrote:
    Thanks for the inside info. When I google map it, it takes me up SR-38 to Greenfield. Good way to go? Also, what road is the VIP parking entrance on?

The VIP parking is on the south side of the venue, entrance is on 146th St. I thought I found a map of this online a couple months ago, but I can't find it anymore. If you look on Google maps and switch to the Satellite view, you can see the VIP parking lot.

As for directions, where are you starting out from?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • YieldAheadYieldAhead Posts: 44
    dougfloyd wrote:
    YieldAhead wrote:

The VIP parking is on the south side of the venue, entrance is on 146th St. I thought I found a map of this online a couple months ago, but I can't find it anymore. If you look on Google maps and switch to the Satellite view, you can see the VIP parking lot.

As for directions, where are you starting out from?

We'll probably coming from the pre-party at Mo's. We are staying at the Sheraton. I come down there a lot for work and am familiar with the 465 mess. Probably will take the backroads in.
  • tbhooptietbhooptie Posts: 137
    In roughly 84 hours we will be enjoying the joyous moment of seeing Pearl Jam play...

I will be seeing many of you in about 79 hours or so!!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Does this thread need a bump??? I think so...

BUMP!!!!!
  • Johnny WongJohnny Wong Wauwatosa, WI Posts: 193
    What is the best way to get to the venue/sleepybear campground? Coming in from Milwaukee via Chicago...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    What is the best way to get to the venue/sleepybear campground? Coming in from Milwaukee via Chicago...

The quick and dirty.....bring I-65 down to Lebanon, and take SR32 over through Noblesville to Boden Road. Turn right and this brings you into the North side of the venue. Check it out on a map and it will make sense. But there's no need to actually go to Indianapolis. This is the way I'll be going (I live in Lebanon though)
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    bump
    bump

Two more days!!! I just woke up with an extra little hop in my step today. The forecast for Friday shows a 100% chance for melted faces!!!!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
    100% chance of awesome on Friday... Forecast is GOOD
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    St Louis was amazing last night, it was the most excellent rehearsal for Friday!! I got 10th row in the lottery, that's the closest I've ever been in an American show, I am so thankful! 10C rocks!!
    Now I've got to get my melted boyfriend outa bed, onward to columbus!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
    IAmMyself wrote:
    St Louis was amazing last night, it was the most excellent rehearsal for Friday!! I got 10th row in the lottery, that's the closest I've ever been in an American show, I am so thankful! 10C rocks!!
    Now I've got to get my melted boyfriend outa bed, onward to columbus!

Congrats on the lottery!! The setlist looked awesome!!!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
    JEALOUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna be at Columbus... :(

FRIDAY, COME FASTER!!
    Might be only making this show now. Columbus is at a maybe now. See yea Friday.
  • PJFaninIndyPJFaninIndy Westfield, IN Posts: 93
    Can't wait for Friday! Only a 30% chance of rain so hopefully it will hold off!

I am taking a half day at work so I can make it to Moe's. See everyone on Friday!!
    6/22/03 – Noblesville, IN
    10/3/04 – Grand Rapids, MI
    9/11/05 – Kitchener, ON Canada
    9/12/05 – London, ON Canada
    5/22/06 – Auburn Hills, MI
    6/24/06 – Cincinnati, OH
    8/23/09 – Chicago, IL
    5/7/10 – Noblesville, IN
    7/19/13 – Wrigley Field
    10/1/14 – Cincinnati, OH
    10/20/14 – Milwaukee, WI
    4/26/16 – Lexington, KY
    8/20/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 - Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 - Wrigley Field
    9/6/22 - Hamilton, ON Canada
    9/17/22 - Bourbon & Beyond, Louisville, KY
    9/18/22 - St. Louis. MO
    9/5/23 - Chicago, IL
    9/7/23 - Chicago, IL
  • indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731

Quit yer job and be unemployed like me! I can leave whenever the fuck I want to! :p Sorry to hear that you can't make Columbus though. I missed Toronto in 03 because I couldn't get off work. Even though I was working for my Step Dad then! He was a total dick about giving me the ONE DAY off the entire summer that I worked for him and I had to eat the 10C tickets that I bought.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14

Quit yer job and be unemployed like me! I can leave whenever the fuck I want to! :p Sorry to hear that you can't make Columbus though. I missed Toronto in 03 because I couldn't get off work. Even though I was working for my Step Dad then! He was a total dick about giving me the ONE DAY off the entire summer that I worked for him and I had to eat the 10C tickets that I bought.

I'll be late but I think I'm gonna go for it. Leave as soon as I can 2morrow.
  • Might be only making this show now. Columbus is at a maybe now. See yea Friday.

None of my business really but where do you live?

None of my business really but where do you live?[/quote]

Milwaukee, WI
  • vedderman71vedderman71 Posts: 62
    Boden Rd off of St Rd 38 is the ticket folks. Drove by there today. $25 for VIP parking off of that North-Side entrance is the way to go...it is well worth it...U will get back 2 your hotel quicker or to Moe's!
    Cheers,
    ryan
    I’ll say your prayers I’ll take your side
    I promise a way to make light...
    What's saved could be one last lifetime
    So any of you NOT going to Columbus and planning on being there tomorrow night?

I'll be camping at Sleepy Bear. Look for a dark blueish green VW station wagon. We'll be there with a campfire and some beer. Stop on over!
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Columbus or bust...

have fun camping...or think about packing up that vw and head to columbus for the night

hope you can make it to columbus patrick
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So I'm getting the following directions from Yahoo Maps to go from Sleepy Bear to the airport:

- Bergen Rd. to Greenfield Ave (IN 128)
    - I-69 S. to I-465 S.
    - I-465 S to I-65 W
    - I-65 W to I-70 W
    - exit to airport.

Does this sound like a good route?

Any better advice from the locals?
    Nope Columbus is out for me only Indy is all I'm doing. See yea 2morrow.
    So I'm getting the following directions from Yahoo Maps to go from Sleepy Bear to the airport:

- Bergen Rd. to Greenfield Ave (IN 128)
    - I-69 S. to I-465 S.
    - I-465 S to I-65 W
    - I-65 W to I-70 W
    - exit to airport.

Does this sound like a good route?

Any better advice from the locals?

sounds about right to me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

bummer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

bummer

It is what it is. You going to Indy?