Options

EBAY EV Ticket Depression

PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 207
edited July 2008 in The Porch
If you really want to be depressed about the whole EV ticket scenario - go check out some of the already completed auctions on Ebay. People are already paying $500 for a pair in Boston.

I wish EV solo was more like Jerry Garcia Band used to be - if you said the Grateful Dead was coming, everyone crawled out of the woodwork to party and see the show - If JGB was coming, you could walk up five minutes before the show, get tickets at the box office and totally mellow out with real heads.

This was worse than getting tickets to see the Sox play the Yanks.
"Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,245
    Ticket prices for the West coast shows dropped alot when it came close to showtime...I expect these will do the same.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Be patient! I panicked for LA2 when I couldn't get 10c or TM seats for the gig and paid dearly - prices sank over the following weeks to MUCH more reasonable levels. Monitor Stubhub and Ebay over the next few weeks, there will be a "lull" and sellers will panic and go into a reverse bidding war trying to unload their seats (especially in the upper levels of the theatres. This is a given folks.
  • Options
    pjten77pjten77 Posts: 225
    mjb wrote:
    Be patient! I panicked for LA2 when I couldn't get 10c or TM seats for the gig and paid dearly - prices sank over the following weeks to MUCH more reasonable levels. Monitor Stubhub and Ebay over the next few weeks, there will be a "lull" and sellers will panic and go into a reverse bidding war trying to unload their seats (especially in the upper levels of the theatres. This is a given folks.

good advice....hopefully this helps some people feel a little better.
    Toronto-96/Barrie-98/Pittsburgh-00/Toronto-00/Buffalo-03/Toronto-03/Kitchener-05/Toronto-05/Hamilton-05/Toronto I-06/Toronto 2-06/E.V. Toronto- 08/ Toronto- 09/Buffalo-10/Hamilton- 11/ London- 13/ Buffalo- 13/Detroit- 14/Ottawa-16/Toronto II-16/Fenway I & II- 16
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    I agree on the be patient advice.... I had a seat for Berkeley2 that I got from TM. A week or so before the show I found out I was unable to go and sold the ticket for below face. I am kicking myself now of course because it was such a great show...but my time will come. :D
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2