Most hated MLB teams

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
According to a formula conjured up by the Neilson Company the most hated team in MLB is Cleveland. Really?

Frankly, the Indians don't matter enough to me to hate them....they don't win so why hate them??

2. Red Sox...hate all you want...Beantown's the best
3. Reds
4, Astros
5. YANKEES (Obviously this list is bogus based on this alone)
6. Nationals
7. White Sox
8. Orioles
9. Mets
10. Dodgers

To top it off, the most popular are the A's and the Giants....I call shenanigans!!!
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069

To top it off, the most popular are the A's and the Giants....I call shenanigans!!!

Uggh....me too!!
    :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Wait, why do people hate the White Sox??? Besides Cubs fans..
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    my list ...

Red Sox/Yankees/Phillies ... no other team makes it ... :mrgreen:
  • Gob wrote:
    Wait, why do people hate the White Sox??? Besides Cubs fans..
    For real...I mean I don't know why anybody would have "hate" for teams like the Astros or the Nationals or the Reds. I just don't give a damn about any of them...don't have any great disgust for any of them aside from #5 though.

AND WHO IN THE HELL LIKES OAKLAND AND SAN FRAN ASIDE FROM PEOPLE IN THE BAY AREA?????

SHENANIGANS I SAY AGAIN!!!

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    There are a lot of problems with this formula.

Obviously the Yankees are probably #1 and Boston #2.

This formula scans the internet and looks for all the positive and negative things said about each team. Obviuosly since there is so much written about the Yankees, a lot of the positive stuff coming from fans cancels out a lot of the negative stuff coming from other people. With temas like Cleveland, who are not that good, even their fans dont have much positive to say.
  • 1 Yankees
    2 Yankees
    3 Yankees
    4 Yankees
    5 Yankees
    6 Yankees
    7 Yankees
    8 Yankees
    9 Yankees
    10 YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    polaris_x wrote:
    my list ...

how can you hate the Phillies? they're AWESOME. Seriously, the team is made up of a great group of guys.
  • 1 Yankees
    2 Yankees
    3 Yankees
    4 Yankees
    5 Yankees
    6 Yankees
    7 Yankees
    8 Yankees
    9 Yankees
    10 YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's it!
    Seriously though...while the Yanks and the Sox have the largest fan bases throughout the country, 99 out of 100 fans who don't love either one of them absolutely despise both of them. They are the real top two in my book

• What the hell did my tribe ever do to anyone?

There is a 91.7% chance that this is the most inaccurate survey ever conducted.

Everyone knows it's the Yankees and that it's not even close.
  • BronyBrony Posts: 628
    the list means who hates them......not nationwide...other teams, people are indifferent unless its a rivalry

i mean the nationals?? but think about it, who hates them....baltimore fans

oak and sf hate each other....so there is "hate" for those teams
  • BronyBrony Posts: 628
    According to a formula conjured up by the Neilson Company the most hated team in MLB is Cleveland. Really?

Frankly, the Indians don't matter enough to me to hate them....they don't win so why hate them??

2. Red Sox...hate all you want...Beantown's the best
    3. Reds
    4, Astros
    5. YANKEES (Obviously this list is bogus based on this alone)
    6. Nationals
    7. White Sox
    8. Orioles
    9. Mets
    10. Dodgers

this list is absolutely correct. there is some from of "hate" by a group of every team on this list.

rangers fans hate astros
    cubs hate chisox
    yanks/mets/sox equal hate
    orioles and nats hate each other
    LAA hates dodgers
    the whole midwest (kc, pit, cin) hates the somewhat successful tribe over the years

there is no "rival" for teams like the twins or mariners....no one "hates" them

extremely accurate list
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    red sox will always be # 1 ,,they won a few rings and think they are kings. However the phillies and their 1 ring are coming up close
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    AND WHO IN THE HELL LIKES OAKLAND AND SAN FRAN ASIDE FROM PEOPLE IN THE BAY AREA?????

Giants have a long tine following from their New York days.

The A's also have been around a long time, but damn, everyone should hate them for playing in that dump, sharing a home stadium with the Raiders.

And who in the world hates the Indians? Well, aside form this bitch ...

major-league-lou-brown.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    edited April 2010
    YANKEES RULE!!!

SOX SUK

NOBODY CARES ABOUT CLEVELAND, MAYBE DREW CAREY
    Post edited by BinauralJam on
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    What? Why would anybody hate the Astros?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Flagg wrote:

+1
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    There is no possible way that the Reds, Indians, and Astros are in the top 5 of hated teams. I have never, ever heard anyone talk about their deep hatred for any of these teams. Yet I’ve heard hundreds and hundreds of people say evil things about the Yankees and Red Sox.

No wonder all the best TV shows keep getting canceled with the assholes over at Nielsen coming up with dumb shit like this.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    how can you hate the Phillies? they're AWESOME. Seriously, the team is made up of a great group of guys.

you're right ... love halladay ... let's just say it isn't the players ... :D
  • dreaminginreddreaminginred Baltimore, MD Posts: 64
    Hm... surprised to see the O's on the list. They certainly didn't survey people in Baltimore for that... even though they do generally stink, we have a lot of love for our boys. However, we do hate their owner so maybe that explains it.

I saw someone mention an O's/Nat's rivalry... I have to disagree with that. There is a far bigger one between the Redskins and the Ravens. Also, we are in different leagues. We definitely hate the Yankees more and the BoSox after that.
    "And we don't need those guys 'cause you got me!" -EV
    "I miss you already... I miss you always."

Philly- 10.03.05
    DC- 05.30.06
    Philly- 10.31.09
    NYC- 05.21.10
    Seattle- 07.15.11
    Brooklyn- 10.19.13
    Baltimore!- 10.27.13
    Philly- 4.29.16
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I dont see any way that the Red Sox and Yankees are not 1 and 2. Yeah, you're going to hate on your division rivals, but the way the national media blows the red sox and yankees is awful...it has made ESPN almost unwatchable.

Cleveland #1 by the way??? No one gives a shit about the Indians!
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    polaris_x wrote:
    my list ...

Except for Victorino and Werth who are both douchebags.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    Brony wrote:

I hate both those teams.

SF because I'm a Dodger fan.

Oakland because people think Billy Beane walks on water and his teams always suck.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • 1. St. Louis Cardinals (I'm a Cubs fan)
    2. Chicago White Sox (same)
    3. New York Yankees (because they buy championships)
    4. Arizona D'Backs (cause their fans are douchebags in my experience)
    5. Milwaukee Brewers (Cubs fan)
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • rrivers wrote:
    Brony wrote:

I hate both those teams.

SF because I'm a Dodger fan.

Oakland because people think Billy Beane walks on water and his teams always suck.

MOST WINS IN THE '00S
    Team Record
    Yankees 965-651*
    Red Sox 920-699**
    Cardinals 913-706*
    Angels 900-720*
    Braves 892-726
    A's 890-728
    Twins 863-758
    Dodgers 862-758
    White Sox 857-764*
    Giants 855-762
    Phillies 850-769*

No success from Beane huh???
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • As an A's fan I hate the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, and Dodgers (Mostly because of '88). I actually root for the Giants as long as my 85 year old Grandma is alive and kicking bc shes a huge Giants fan and I want them to get her a ring. I mean they've had 50 odd years in the bay to get it done...We've won 4 in that time!!!!!!
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Like I said the only team I hate is the Yankees. Aside from them I really don't have major problem with any other organization....at one point I hated the Braves strictly because everybody around here loved them, they were always so damn good and I had already latched onto the Sox as my team. Now, I just don't care. I did venture over to Hotlanta in 2007 to see the Sox open up a can of whoop ass on em though...that was nice.
    I guess what I'm saying is my hate comes and goes depending on who is dominant at any particular point in history. I have no beef with the Phillies, but I think that has more to do with me considering the NL to be a joke :D

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    As an A's fan I hate the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, and Dodgers (Mostly because of '88). I actually root for the Giants as long as my 85 year old Grandma is alive and kicking bc shes a huge Giants fan and I want them to get her a ring. I mean they've had 50 odd years in the bay to get it done...We've won 4 in that time!!!!!!

I know first hand A's fans loathe both Sox and Yankeee fans because we pretty much take over the coliseum when each are in town ... man, A's fans hate us.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    1. Philthy
    2. BloSux
    3. Skankees

I think you can figure out where my loyalties lie...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Flagg wrote:

exactly!! what the hell?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

exactly!! what the hell?

Probably has something to do with the Bush's and Enron...