Aural Exploits

grdesigner79grdesigner79 Posts: 186
edited January 2008 in The Porch
It really disgusts me to see some of you on here bad mouthing this place. I spoke to Steve on the phone a couple days ago because I had a few questions about the vinyl and he was the nicest guy in the world. Upon calling, I was put on hold and when he came back I said "I hate to tell you this but I'm another Pearl Jam fan!" He replied by pretending to become a human answering machine! Pretty funny! Anyway, we were just talking about the release of Into the Wild and he told me very sincerely that they were trying to do the right thing for the fans by letting us all know when they were going to be going on sale online. Unfortunately he said, the web site shopping cart system had a problem and always read 1 copy remaining even when they were sold out, which is why they were somewhat oversold. He told me that all of the original orders that were placed on the opening sale were being reviewed and cut down to one copy per person. Basically so more people had a shot at getting a copy. He never expected the huge "turnout" for lack of a better word with the sale of this LP. He is fully aware of the ebay flippers and what they are going for and said that is not what they are about, they would never sell any of them on ebay. He was irritated by the fact that they tried to do the right thing for the fans but he had been getting some pretty nasty phone calls from fans that sounded like "Satan" on the phone screaming at him. "It just goes to show" he said, "you try to do something right and look what happens." It is not like it is Aural Exploits fault that this record was so limited, it is just supply and demand so give Steve and AE a break.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,075
    so, I'm assuming you got yours.

It is their fault that their web site was broken.

Reading the posts, it seems like amateur hour.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    yeah...that's unfortunate that this might be his first "taste" of PJ fans.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    I beg to differ, that place is a joke. Worst business practice I've ever dealt with.
    First off you should never sell what you don't have and if you do you better do something about it quickly. My funds were unavailable to me for 4 days, how long does it take, they only had maybe 200 records to deal with. Slater oversold his Neil Young by over 200, it took an hour to contact everyone and refund everyones money, 4 days is a joke. I emailed "Steve" to ask for an update as my money had been unavailable to me for 4 days and the idiot cancelled my order? How dare i ask what is going on twice in 4 days. He was looking for any excuse to cancel peoples orders to cover his sorry ass, I'm not the only one this happened to. Time for him to look for another business, obviously he can't run this one.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • why do I even bother...
  • Im not really upset with them but, I did get my paypal order cancelled today so, no vinyl for this guy. Hail Hail The Lucky Ones!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    All I can say is if u are not familiar with the frenzy we pearl jam fans have with vinyl, then you would have no idea what u were in for when u went to sell what is an average record in the eyes of the store.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,936
    Horse2345 wrote:
    I beg to differ, that place is a joke. Worst business practice I've ever dealt with.
    First off you should never sell what you don't have and if you do you better do something about it quickly. My funds were unavailable to me for 4 days, how long does it take, they only had maybe 200 records to deal with. Slater oversold his Neil Young by over 200, it took an hour to contact everyone and refund everyones money, 4 days is a joke. I emailed "Steve" to ask for an update as my money had been unavailable to me for 4 days and the idiot cancelled my order? How dare i ask what is going on twice in 4 days. He was looking for any excuse to cancel peoples orders to cover his sorry ass, I'm not the only one this happened to. Time for him to look for another business, obviously he can't run this one.
    Did you even read the first post on this thread? He specifically said it was a technical error on the website which led to the overselling. Clearly a business is going to do everything in their power to satisfy the customer - it is not in their benefit to make a customer unhappy, if not for this sale, then for the next potential one. You don't know that these four days were spent trying to refund customers. Maybe three out of four were trying to secure more copies from the Ten Club? Maybe they had to fix the problem on their website to guarantee it wouldn't happen again before they tried to refund? Come on, man. Have some decency and give the company the benefit of the doubt.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Some of you are the biggest fucking whining cry babies I have ever come across. It's a godamn vinyl for christ sake and you are treating it like you missed out on a million dollars because a shopping cart didn't work at a small mom and pop store. GET OVER IT. ALL OF YOU ALREADY OWN THE CD. YOU AREN'T BEING DEPRIVED OF THE MUSIC.
    benjs wrote:
    Did you even read the first post on this thread? He specifically said it was a technical error on the website which led to the overselling. Clearly a business is going to do everything in their power to satisfy the customer - it is not in their benefit to make a customer unhappy, if not for this sale, then for the next potential one. You don't know that these four days were spent trying to refund customers. Maybe three out of four were trying to secure more copies from the Ten Club? Maybe they had to fix the problem on their website to guarantee it wouldn't happen again before they tried to refund? Come on, man. Have some decency and give the company the benefit of the doubt.

Hate to tell you but a companys website is their responsibility and when something goes wrong with it it's their problem. Its their responsibility to maintain their website. They weren't trying to satisfy customers they were just trying to cover their own ass. Do you think canceling my order because I sent a polite email asking for an update is going to make me happy? If you look around you will see I'm not the only person who had their order canceled for some BS reason.
    And I KNOW they didn't spend 3 days trying to get more copies because the email they sent said they spend that much time trying to figure out the orders, amateur business.
    And what are you talking about trying to get copies from the 10C? 10C has nothing to do with distribution of the record, they were given a certain allotment that sold out the first day.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • All you people upset for not getting the vinyl:

You all sound like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka. " I want my vinyl and I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

The greed...the fucking GREED! Do yourself a favor and listen to your CD copy of ITW and push play and repeat on the song "Society" and listen to the lyrics over and over again. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

An imperfect situation in an imperfect world. The world will stop just for you to get off becuase you did get a vinyl. With due diligence you will get the ITW vinyl someday.
    "How loud can silence get?"

http://www.myspace.com/cockeyedoptimus
    Horse2345 wrote:
    Hate to tell you but a companys website is their responsibility and when something goes wrong with it it's their problem. Its their responsibility to maintain their website. They weren't trying to satisfy customers they were just trying to cover their own ass. Do you think canceling my order because I sent a polite email asking for an update is going to make me happy? If you look around you will see I'm not the only person who had their order canceled for some BS reason.
    And I KNOW they didn't spend 3 days trying to get more copies because the email they sent said they spend that much time trying to figure out the orders, amateur business.
    And what are you talking about trying to get copies from the 10C? 10C has nothing to do with distribution of the record, they were given a certain allotment that sold out the first day.
    Something tells me they didn't cancel your order simply because you sent a polite email. Odds are they catered to the people who filled their orders first, and then cancelled the orders of the people who had ordered most recently. If that's not how it went, then I swallow my words and sympathize with you.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    Horse2345 wrote:

why didn't you get it from 10C :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    All you people upset for not getting the vinyl:

You all sound like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka. " I want my vinyl and I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

The greed...the fucking GREED! Do yourself a favor and listen to your CD copy of ITW and push play and repeat on the song "Society" and listen to the lyrics over and over again. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

An imperfect situation in an imperfect world. The world will stop just for you to get off becuase you did get a vinyl. With due diligence you will get the ITW vinyl someday.
    Very well said....
    Should I start bitching and start a riot because I was promised VS on vinyl from my local record store Ranch Records here in Bend, OR but when I went in to pick it up, I was devestated they handed me a CD!?!?!?! I'm still pissed, but I didn't cause a scene..Anyone have an extra they want to get rid of by the way?
    Oh, and yea, I was one of the first lucky ones to place my order with AE...it shipped on the 22nd!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
    How did that Madonna song go.......Living in a material world.........maybe they should join Maddys website.

Can you tell I got my ITW vinyl.............
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
    benjs wrote:
    Something tells me they didn't cancel your order simply because you sent a polite email. Odds are they catered to the people who filled their orders first, and then cancelled the orders of the people who had ordered most recently. If that's not how it went, then I swallow my words and sympathize with you.

You better open up then! J/k . I'm sure they canceled it because of my email because he sent me an email telling me he did.

Me: Hello, it has been 4 days and my funds are still unavailable to me due to a hold payment. I have seen several people have either received a shipping notice
    or an email telling them their order cannot be filled. How long can i expect to wait to hear one way or the other? Thanks

Steve: As it appears your funds seem to be your utmost concern I have voided your payment , as this is the fastest way to make them available to you.

Is this not a lame ass excuse to cover his ass for overselling? Don't believe I asked him to cancel my order,pretty sure I would have contacted Paypal myself to do that or asked him directly to cancel it.
    Horse2345 wrote:
    You better open up then! J/k . I'm sure they canceled it because of my email because he sent me an email telling me he did.

Me: Hello, it has been 4 days and my funds are still unavailable to me due to a hold payment. I have seen several people have either received a shipping notice
    or an email telling them their order cannot be filled. How long can i expect to wait to hear one way or the other? Thanks

Steve: As it appears your funds seem to be your utmost concern I have voided your payment , as this is the fastest way to make them available to you.

Is this not a lame ass excuse to cover his ass for overselling? Don't believe I asked him to cancel my order,pretty sure I would have contacted Paypal myself to do that or asked him directly to cancel it.
    Yep, you're right, I'm wrong... Sorry if I seemed rude at any point there, a lot of whining goes on on this board with very little cause... your cause is as good as any, however.

EV
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • quasi wrote:

It's funny because it's true...
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • benjs wrote:
    Yep, you're right, I'm wrong... Sorry if I seemed rude at any point there, a lot of whining goes on on this board with very little cause... your cause is as good as any, however.
    keep grovelling,people taking a business that they probably havent even dealt with against honest people who only tried to give em business is pretty shite,
    benjs wrote:

No worries, no offense taken. I'm just more frustrated the way the whole thing occurred.