Options

Hotels in Mansfield

ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Anyone know of places to stay in Mansfield? I've never been there before, but looking for a place to stay that may be near some cool bars to hangout before the shore. Ideas?
I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    it isnt really near any bars, all about the lot.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Holiday Inn-Taunton Foxboro
    700 Myles Standish Blvd, Taunton, MA 02780

This is in Taunton, MA and about 10 minutes away.
    They have a cool bar.
    Very easy to get to from Tweeter.
    Right off of 495.
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    Thanks for the info.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    Stay in Providence or Boston, Mansfield and the surrounding area offer very little.
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    If you are planning on staying a couple of days, stay in Boston. Its more fun
    there is nothing out there in Mansfield.

They have a commuter rail that can take you to Mansfield if you dont drive here
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
    I saw pearl jam in mansfield a few years back, when they played their for 3 nights july 2,3 and 11th if I remember right.

Ended up getting some hotel, Holiday inn or ramada or something nearby for 3 or 4 days as it was fourth of july weekend and I was off.

The area completely sucks, nothing to do at all. I ended up driving to cape cod one day, went to boston another and to some other coastal area another day.

Boston was only like 30 -40 minutes to get to, depending on where in the city your going. I'd recommend staying their, just don't stay anywhere near fenway, you will sit in traffic forever as you may get stuck in that traffic cluster Fu** on your way to the show.
  • Options
    If you stay at the Holiday Inn in Taunton, MA you will be bored out of your mind.

Your best chance at a good time would be to stay in Boston. The downside is that getting to the Tweeter Center may be a pain if traffic doesn't cooperate.

Staying in Providence, RI isn't a bad second option. It is also a much shorter and generally easier drive to the Tweeter Center than Boston.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    soxjamsoxjam Posts: 55
    stay in providence,its a great little city with many good bars and restaurants and only about 20-30 minutes to tweeter...boston is a logistical nightmare
  • Options
    stillalivejlpstillalivejlp Massachusetts Posts: 76
    I would recommend staying in Providence. The drive might be easier compared to Boston (more traffic). There's really nothing to do in Mansfield.
    Dante: "You hate people!"
    Randal: "But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?"
  • Options
    How far is Boston from Mansfield?
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • Options
    stillalivejlpstillalivejlp Massachusetts Posts: 76
    How far is Boston from Mansfield?

Boston to Mansfield is about 33 miles. Providence to Mansfield is about 22 miles. Google.
    Dante: "You hate people!"
    Randal: "But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?"
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Check last trains home though. I know when I went there in 2003 we looked into last trains to Boston and it was gonna be tight so we booked a motel, yeah there's nothing to do but with PJ breaking the curfew that night I'm not sure if we'd have got home. I'd say it's worth a motel for the night of the show, taxi to and from the venue.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    allot a lot of time to drive out of there too. the parking fucking blows there.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Boston to Mansfield is about 33 miles. Providence to Mansfield is about 22 miles. Google.

It is a hour.
  • Options
    bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
    allot a lot of time to drive out of there too. the parking fucking blows there.

I was their once for a PJ concert and this is no lie, I was in my car in the lot and fell asleep listening to some old pearljam concert a boston radio show was playing, fell asleep woke up about 2 hours later and the same car was in the same spot in the travel lane trying to get out.

Plan on camping out a while after the show, the lots a freaking concrete divider maze and its massive
  • Options
    soxjamsoxjam Posts: 55
    ive been going to great woods/tweeter my whole life and ive always been out of the lot within 20-30 minutes,but i have heard horror stories of getting stuck for over an hour or 2... if you arent in a rush and dont wanna cut people off and drive like a maniac,keep the grill out grill up some more food and keep the beer cold
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    If you must stay in Mansfield there's a Red Roof Inn that's about 5-7 minutes from Tweeter Center. Usually there are a bunch of Pearl Jam fans that end up staying there, but again Mansfield doesn't have much to offer.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield