Options

Autograph Question?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Dude.....

What? I was just asking a question....hahaha
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    100 Pacer wrote:
    thanks. my brother and i each received a tambourine at the Grand Rapids/06 concert (front row, 4 seats off center between Stone and Ed), the only ones tossed out during the show. the 1st one (the smashed tambourine) was given to me by Ed during Baba O'Riley, and i held it for about 3 seconds before giving it to my brother to hold for the rest of the concert. during the following song, Yellow Ledbetter, towards the end of the song i had my eyes on Mike while Ed was standing behind Stone, almost side-stage. my brother was watching Ed and their eyes met, and Ed must have noticed someone other than me was holding the tambourine. Ed then mouthed to my brother "are you here together?" and so my brother gave Ed a thumb-up. Ed then turned around and motioned for Rick to toss him another tambourine,...all this is going on while my eyes are still on Mike, i didn't even notice what was going on between my brother and Ed. and so i shift my attention from Mike back to the rest of the band, and i suddenly realize Ed is standing right above my brother and i at the edge of the stage, with another tambourine in his hand, and i actually recall saying to myself "another one?" lol

without hesitating, my brother turned and handed me back the 1st tambourine and happily took possession of the new tambourine Ed handed him. Ed then turned around but didn't even take 2 steps before turning right back around and walking back towards us, motioning for my brother to toss the tambourine back to him. my brother's throw was spot on, and Ed proceeded to take the 2nd tambourine and wipe his ENTIRE face off with it, ensuring every bit of sweat off his face was on the tambourine. when he was done, he threw the tambourine back to my brother, this time for good. fast forward to Sept/07 and i decided to bring along the tambourines to the Body of War premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. we arrived at the venue early enough (my brother an hour before me, early enough for him to watch Ed walk up to the theatre on foot) to catch Ed before he made his way to the pre-movie dinner, and he was kind enough to agree to sign them for us. :)

holey cow wow!! awesome story...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    100 Pacer wrote:
    thanks. my brother and i each received a tambourine at the Grand Rapids/06 concert (front row, 4 seats off center between Stone and Ed), the only ones tossed out during the show. the 1st one (the smashed tambourine) was given to me by Ed during Baba O'Riley, and i held it for about 3 seconds before giving it to my brother to hold for the rest of the concert. during the following song, Yellow Ledbetter, towards the end of the song i had my eyes on Mike while Ed was standing behind Stone, almost side-stage. my brother was watching Ed and their eyes met, and Ed must have noticed someone other than me was holding the tambourine. Ed then mouthed to my brother "are you here together?" and so my brother gave Ed a thumb-up. Ed then turned around and motioned for Rick to toss him another tambourine,...all this is going on while my eyes are still on Mike, i didn't even notice what was going on between my brother and Ed. and so i shift my attention from Mike back to the rest of the band, and i suddenly realize Ed is standing right above my brother and i at the edge of the stage, with another tambourine in his hand, and i actually recall saying to myself "another one?" lol

without hesitating, my brother turned and handed me back the 1st tambourine and happily took possession of the new tambourine Ed handed him. Ed then turned around but didn't even take 2 steps before turning right back around and walking back towards us, motioning for my brother to toss the tambourine back to him. my brother's throw was spot on, and Ed proceeded to take the 2nd tambourine and wipe his ENTIRE face off with it, ensuring every bit of sweat off his face was on the tambourine. when he was done, he threw the tambourine back to my brother, this time for good. fast forward to Sept/07 and i decided to bring along the tambourines to the Body of War premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. we arrived at the venue early enough (my brother an hour before me, early enough for him to watch Ed walk up to the theatre on foot) to catch Ed before he made his way to the pre-movie dinner, and he was kind enough to agree to sign them for us. :)
    Best fucking story!!! Im quite jealous...and truth be told, a little grossed out at the sweat thing, but stoked for you and your bro...very cool!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    really that story deserves it's own thread.
  • Options
    Ed signed my No Code cd in Detroit in 2003. The only part of the sig that looks close to Ed's is the "Vedder" When Ed signed my cd he took time to ask my name & how it was spelled....so, he would get it right. He also signed my bff's Ten cd. He wrote her name on it too........as to personalize them so that the autograph is worthless to anyone buying it other than someone w/ the same name. There were autograph sellers there when this all happened wanting Ed to sign posters & magazines. Ed didn't even look their way.
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Danimal wrote:
    Who is Cumi Relil?

Okay, I admit thats a little funny.
    Fucker.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Ed signed my No Code cd in Detroit in 2003. The only part of the sig that looks close to Ed's is the "Vedder" When Ed signed my cd he took time to ask my name & how it was spelled....so, he would get it right. He also signed my bff's Ten cd. He wrote her name on it too........as to personalize them so that the autograph is worthless to anyone buying it other than someone w/ the same name. There were autograph sellers there when this all happened wanting Ed to sign posters & magazines. Ed didn't even look their way.

Thats why I like the guy so much.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    THE BANDTHE BAND Posts: 83
    Danimal wrote:
    Who is Cumi Relil?
    LMAO
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    There were autograph sellers there when this all happened wanting Ed to sign posters & magazines. Ed didn't even look their way.

Fuck the HITCH HIKERS!!! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    Danimal wrote:
    Who is Cumi Relil?

lol.....
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    It doesn't look like the one I have, but I know the circumstances of his signing my bandana, he took it, spread it out and really gave it a good look before signing it (a friend of mine is a friend of his) - so it's a nice neat little personalized (addressed to me) signature.

I think it all depends on the time he takes to sign something as well as the surface he is signing