Options

Autograph Question?

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I was given this Eddie Vedder autograph from the people who work in my wife's office as a gift for my 30th birthday a few years back.
I have seen others but I don't know if its real.
I know a lot of real ones are all different. He has not been very consistant over the years when signing his name.
Please only respond if you know what you are talking about.
I also took a pic of the certificate that came with it.
What do ya think?
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0QcNm7Ry4aMXfA&notag=1
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    Looks real. But I don't know what I'm talking about.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    Looks real. But I don't know what I'm talking about.

Big help! Thanks so much ;)
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    I don't know why people give credibility to Certificates of Authenticity. In reality, anyone can do-up some sort of certificate, and sign it. A memorabilia dealer's signature doesn't make it legit.

Its about as credible as a note from Epstein's mother!
    :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I don't know why people give credibility to Certificates of Authenticity. In reality, anyone can do-up some sort of certificate, and sign it. A memorabilia dealer's signature doesn't make it legit.

Its about as credible as a note from Epstein's mother!
    :)

Agree, but that does not make it fake.
    It does say on it though, that if its proven that its fake you get a refund.
    At lease I got that going for me LOL :D
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Agree, but that does not make it fake.
    It does say on it though, that if its proven that its fake you get a refund.
    At lease I got that going for me LOL :D

Oh, I was WASN'T saying its a fake.

Enjoy it!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It doesn't look like the one I have, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't real.
    I do know mine is real because it was from a charity auction and it came from Pearl Jam. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Oh, I was saying its a fake.

Enjoy it!

And this is based on what???
    Your pointless opinion?
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    It doesn't look like the one I have, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't real.
    I do know mine is real because it was from a charity auction and it came from Pearl Jam. :)

Exactly, I have seen it look so different many times. WTF?
    You really can not tell just by looking at it IMO, but how else could you know?
    You would think if someone was trying to fake one, they would make it clearly written ya know?
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    And this is based on what???
    Your pointless opinion?

I meant I WASN'T saying it was a fake.......I will edit my post!
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Looks like a fake one to me...But you can pretend its real...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    Looks like a fake one to me...But you can pretend its real...

I am looking for someone who knows about autographs. Not stupid opinions.
    Save your breath.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Sometimes when signing an autograph for someone they know is likely to sell it they just sign it badly. Sure it's their autograph but it doesn't really look like it.
  • Options
    well, it doesn't look like mine and i'm no hand writing expert but it doesn't have the same slant.

http://www.juliannesjournal.com/images/pearl%20jam/copywrite%20auto%20eddie.jpg
    madison, wi october 16, 1991
    east troy, wi august 29, 1992- stage two set by eddie and chris cornell
    vancouver, bc september 2, 2005- backstage with the supersuckers
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I am looking for someone who knows about autographs. Not stupid opinions.
    Save your breath.

I have alot of autograph stuff..And I have about 4 Ed autographs and that looks nothing like any of mine...Mine are pretty reliable..Not trying to be a dick sorry for the bad news....Just an honest opinion...Not a stupid one..
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    well, it doesn't look like mine and i'm no hand writing expert but it doesn't have the same slant.

I have looked at a lot of them and I noticed that the more recent ones look a lot clearer then the ones he signed in the early years.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    I was given this Eddie Vedder autograph from the people who work in my wife's office as a gift for my 30th birthday a few years back.
    I know a lot of real ones are all different. He has not been very consistant over the years when signing his name.
    What do ya think?

i don't believe it's authentic, sorry,....Strangest Tribe, where you at? :)

by the way, the 10C has gone on record as saying they are more than happy to authenticate signatures. to do so, you would need to mail the actual signed item to the 10C so they can take a look at the item (and likely ask the band member in question whether he signed it) and give you their opinion before they mail you the item back. email or call the 10C and i'm sure they'll be more than happy to discuss this option with you.

edit: the source behind my opinion:

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine004.jpg
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine005.jpg
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine006.jpg
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    I have alot of autograph stuff..And I have about 4 Ed autographs and that looks nothing like any of mine...Mine are pretty reliable..Not trying to be a dick sorry for the bad news....Just an honest opinion...Not a stupid one..

Its cool.
    But what makes them reliable?
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965

This one looks like mine. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    i don't believe it's authentic, sorry,....Strangest Tribe, where you at? :)

by the way, the 10C has gone on record as saying they are more than happy to authenticate signatures. to do so, you would need to mail the actual signed item to the 10C so they can take a look at the item (and likely ask the band member in question whether he signed it) and give you their opinion before they mail you the item back. email or call the 10C and i'm sure they'll be more than happy to discuss this option with you.

edit: the source behind my opinion:

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine004.jpg
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine005.jpg
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine006.jpg

Lucky Fucker!!
    They are cool. How did you get so lucky? Tell the story please?
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Based on all the stuff that I have seen from people that have had things signed IN Person, I would have to say it is a fake. I can HONESTLY say I have never seen one of that looks like that. Ed has def changed his sig over the years, but there a few things that have remained constant and some tell tale things that you notice in his different sigs over the years, and this has none of them. I have two from 92 in Fla and Italy, and while they look nothing like his sig as of late, this has no similarities of the earlier ones as well. This does not mean I am right, but if I had to put $$ on it, I would. Hope I am wrong.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Based on all the stuff that I have seen from people that have had things signed IN Person, I would have to say it is a fake. I can HONESTLY say I have never seen one of that looks like that. Ed has def changed his sig over the years, but there a few things that have remained constant and some tell tale things that you notice in his different sigs over the years, and this has none of them. This does not mean I am right, but if I had to put $$ on it, I would. Hope I am wrong.

Shit.
    Thanks.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    Lucky Fucker!!
    They are cool. How did you get so lucky? Tell the story please?

thanks. my brother and i each received a tambourine at the Grand Rapids/06 concert (front row, 4 seats off center between Stone and Ed), the only ones tossed out during the show. the 1st one (the smashed tambourine) was given to me by Ed during Baba O'Riley, and i held it for about 3 seconds before giving it to my brother to hold for the rest of the concert. during the following song, Yellow Ledbetter, towards the end of the song i had my eyes on Mike while Ed was standing behind Stone, almost side-stage. my brother was watching Ed and their eyes met, and Ed must have noticed someone other than me was holding the tambourine. Ed then mouthed to my brother "are you here together?" and so my brother gave Ed a thumb-up. Ed then turned around and motioned for Rick to toss him another tambourine,...all this is going on while my eyes are still on Mike, i didn't even notice what was going on between my brother and Ed. and so i shift my attention from Mike back to the rest of the band, and i suddenly realize Ed is standing right above my brother and i at the edge of the stage, with another tambourine in his hand, and i actually recall saying to myself "another one?" lol

without hesitating, my brother turned and handed me back the 1st tambourine and happily took possession of the new tambourine Ed handed him. Ed then turned around but didn't even take 2 steps before turning right back around and walking back towards us, motioning for my brother to toss the tambourine back to him. my brother's throw was spot on, and Ed proceeded to take the 2nd tambourine and wipe his ENTIRE face off with it, ensuring every bit of sweat off his face was on the tambourine. when he was done, he threw the tambourine back to my brother, this time for good. fast forward to Sept/07 and i decided to bring along the tambourines to the Body of War premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. we arrived at the venue early enough (my brother an hour before me, early enough for him to watch Ed walk up to the theatre on foot) to catch Ed before he made his way to the pre-movie dinner, and he was kind enough to agree to sign them for us. :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    thanks. my brother and i each received a tambourine at the Grand Rapids/06 concert (front row, 4 seats off center between Stone and Ed), the only ones tossed out during the show. the 1st one (the smashed tambourine) was given to me by Ed during Baba O'Riley, and i held it for about 3 seconds before giving it to my brother to hold for the rest of the concert. during the following song, Yellow Ledbetter, towards the end of the song i had my eyes on Mike while Ed was standing behind Stone, almost side-stage. my brother was watching Ed and their eyes met, and Ed must have noticed someone other than me was holding the tambourine. Ed then mouthed to my brother "are you here together?" and so my brother gave Ed a thumb-up. Ed then turned around and motioned for Rick to toss him another tambourine,...all this is going on while my eyes are still on Mike, i didn't even notice what was going on between my brother and Ed. and so i shift my attention from Mike back to the rest of the band, and i suddenly realize Ed is standing right above my brother and i at the edge of the stage, with another tambourine in his hand, and i actually recall saying to myself "another one?" lol

without hesitating, my brother turned and handed me back the 1st tambourine and happily took possession of the new tambourine Ed handed him. Ed then turned around but didn't even take 2 steps before turning right back around and walking back towards us, motioning for my brother to toss the tambourine back to him. my brother's throw was spot on, and Ed proceeded to take the 2nd tambourine and wipe his ENTIRE face off with it, ensuring every bit of sweat off his face was on the tambourine. when he was done, he threw the tambourine back to my brother, this time for good. fast forward to Sept/07 and i decided to bring along the tambourines to the Body of War premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. we arrived at the venue early enough (my brother an hour before me, early enough for him to watch Ed walk up to the theatre on foot) to catch Ed before he made his way to the pre-movie dinner, and he was kind enough to agree to sign them for us. :)

VERY COOL...I LOVE stories like that!

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    100 Pacer wrote:

Cool story and all but what's the deal with the sweat?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Cool story and all but what's the deal with the sweat?

HAHAHA.....

• Options
    I guess mine is fake then.
    WTF? That sucks.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    100 Pacer wrote:

Great story man, I hope some day I gets me a tambourine.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    What do ya think?

Who is Cumi Relil?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Who is Cumi Relil?

Dude.....

• Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    fyi
    i have an auto that was done in person and it looks like all these others

sorry to say but that first one looks fake
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way