Options

Philly to DC? Thinking about taking the Train!

Nixon in DetroitNixon in Detroit Posts: 592
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Anyone else want to roll on the train from Philly to DC on Saturday??? Let me know via pm! I want to roll in on the train and do some sight seeing let me know what you think!
Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Fuck That , ride wit us nixon!!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    What day are you going down though?
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    What day are you going down though?

Im goin down sunday morning, seeing sights, then happy hour / fundraiser, then show
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Right on I want to try to get down there on Saturday. But I guess I could sight see in Philly too?
  • Options
    gb__gb__ Posts: 6
    The train (Amtrak) is sooo expensive. It's actually cheaper to drive my gas guzzler from Philly to DC. It was about $130 on Amtrak from Philly to DC and back.

It's even more expensive for Boston so, I'll be driving my fuel efficient truck (18 mpg) all the way up to b-town.
  • Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    I am thinking about the train. Prices have gone up since I last checked. $232 round trip for two adults. Looking at leaving around 1pm or early on Saturday from the Trenton area, then staying until June 23. Now Im thinking of leaving the Camden show on the 20th, driving to DC right after the show.......hmmmm
  • Options
    I looked it was like $60 for a one way ticket to DC. It will cost me more then that to rent a car and in gas. So I am thinking the train is not that bad of an option at this point.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    But I guess I could sight see in Philly too?

Ya think? Is that a serious question??? :D

It's only the home to the Liberty Bell, Indpendence Hall, the National Constitution Center, The Franklin Institute, to name a few
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    gb__ wrote:
    The train (Amtrak) is sooo expensive. It's actually cheaper to drive my gas guzzler from Philly to DC. It was about $130 on Amtrak from Philly to DC and back.

It's even more expensive for Boston so, I'll be driving my fuel efficient truck (18 mpg) all the way up to b-town.
    For you, it may be cheaper to rent a gas-efficient sedan/coupe, or even find a hybrid to rent. If you can find a good deal (and they are out there, since the economy is hurting all around!), it'd be worth it!

P.S. - I live near Philly, and have vacationed in D.C. Philly is far more accessible for sightseeing, and IMO, far more interesting.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Ya think? Is that a serious question??? :D

It's only the home to the Liberty Bell, Indpendence Hall, the National Constitution Center, The Franklin Institute, to name a few

I saw the broken bell last time and the cool looking building. I do need to see the art museum and Gino's or Pat's which ever you all recommend.
  • Options
    yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    Nixon I worked in Philly for years. Check out the Mutter Muesum Realy cool and realy different. After that screw pat and gino's go to the Itilian Market and have lunch at Shenk and Evelyns on 9th between Christian and Grey's Ferry Ave. For desert go to Isgros bakery on Christian and get your canollies filled for you. Also that is were they filmed ROCKY. This is kinda the Day I did with the Wife when we saw the Foo Fighters in Feb at The Spectrum. Any Questions PM. Later Yostarama
  • Options
    shackles31shackles31 Posts: 26
    I looked into taking the train from Fredericksburg(south of DC) to Philly and back. Financially it will be better than driving my truck( wear and tear, miles, gas $).
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I was thinking of taking the train from Philly to Dc on Saturday.
    Not sure though.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    PJ20PJ20 Miami, FL Posts: 94
    Keep in mind that:

a. DC traffic sucks. Especially going into or out of the city on the Beltway. Plus, if you love circles, you'll love driving in DC.

b. Parking is hard to come by. Especially if you are staying downtown near the Verizon Center. You will likely have to pay for parking. Add that to the cost.

c. You don't drive much, if at all in DC. To see the sights you will take the Metro. The Verizon Center has it's own stop in the Metro. There's no reason to have a car in DC.

d. The train drops you off at Union Station - the red line which is only 2 or 3 stops from the arena (although you aren't likely going directly there). It's easy and Metro accessible.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Bluwapadoo wrote:
    Keep in mind that:

a. DC traffic sucks. Especially going into or out of the city on the Beltway. Plus, if you love circles, you'll love driving in DC.

b. Parking is hard to come by. Especially if you are staying downtown near the Verizon Center. You will likely have to pay for parking. Add that to the cost.

c. You don't drive much, if at all in DC. To see the sights you will take the Metro. The Verizon Center has it's own stop in the Metro. There's no reason to have a car in DC.

d. The train drops you off at Union Station - the red line which is only 2 or 3 stops from the arena (although you aren't likely going directly there). It's easy and Metro accessible.
    can u take the metro after the concert?
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    PJ20PJ20 Miami, FL Posts: 94
    Yes, assuming they don't play 3+ hours. They are scheduled to come on at 8:45pm.

From the Metro website:

Last train departs:
    Branch Ave- 11:55 p.m.
    Huntington- 11:57 p.m.
    Greenbelt- 12:16 a.m.
    Glenmont- 12:08 a.m.
    Shady Grove-12:02 a.m.

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/Stations/station.cfm?station=21

Now this is only the Green, Yellow and Red lines. If you are on the Blue or Orange line you will have to see how much time you have to make your connections.

Remember the Metro is right underneath the Verizon Center.