Options

Hartford to NY Advice

ReeenkRoinkReeenkRoink Posts: 108
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Looking to drive to Hartford and take a Bus/Train into NY for 3 days and back to hartford for the Shows. Is there a place to leave my car at a Train Station or Bus Terminal in Hartford? Anyone have any advice?

I plan on Driving from Boston to Hartford on Tuesday, leaving my car there and taking public trans into NYC and back to Hartford so I can Drive Back to Boston after the Hartford show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    You may want to consider driving to New Haven and then taking the Metro North line into NYC. I'd check with the New Haven parking garages for overnight parking. I know it's a bit more driving, but I think it give you more options with the train.

That said, check out the Spruce Street parking lot adjacent to Union (train/bus) Station in Hartford. There are also parking garages in hartford that will allow for overnight parking that are fairly close to the train station. I'd google this for further info... hope this helps a bit...
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Drive back to Boston and take the FUNG WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :p

I swear that thing is ALWAYS in my rearview mirror...
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    You may want to consider driving to New Haven and then taking the Metro North line into NYC. I'd check with the New Haven parking garages for overnight parking. I know it's a bit more driving, but I think it give you more options with the train.

That said, check out the Spruce Street parking lot adjacent to Union (train/bus) Station in Hartford. There are also parking garages in hartford that will allow for overnight parking that are fairly close to the train station. I'd google this for further info... hope this helps a bit...

good advice
    the metro north runs much more frequently and is cheaper than amtrack
    you can also try stamford-45 min train ride into the city
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Get_Right wrote:
    good advice
    the metro north runs much more frequently and is cheaper than amtrack
    you can also try stamford-45 min train ride into the city
    But that would mean driving to Stamford, which is a pain anytime of the day.
    I would do what Steve said. And the parking is much better in New Haven.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    TrixieCat wrote:
    But that would mean driving to Stamford, which is a pain anytime of the day.
    I would do what Steve said. And the parking is much better in New Haven.

agreed
    just throwing it out there