NOBLESVILLE Pre-Party, Fundraisers & Post-Party!!!

Comments

• dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    IndySarah wrote:
    not only are we going to have Pavilion, but Nice Pavilion seats! :mrgreen:

I think "nice" pavilion seats will depend on your TC number, I think the higher numbers are going to be pretty far back in the pavilion.

Yep, I think so too. I guess there's always hope with the lottery!

They went fast, I was able to get 4 in section D row X for some friends of mine that are going.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • IndySarahIndySarah Posts: 42
    People that I know that were trying were shocked they got lawn. I was happy to tell them that I thought the majority of the pavilion was fan club.
    "You look like you'd be sticky" --

Indianapolis 1998, Indianapolis 2000, Alpine 2003, Indianapolis 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, St Louis 2004, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Hamilton 2005, Chicago I 2006, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Cincinnati 2006 The Vic 2007, Lollapalooza 2007, Chicago I and II 2009
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    My first outdoor PJ show, I am excited !! :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    BTW, thank you to the OP and others for picking a venue where I can bring my 9 year old. Coming in from the Big Apple (yes I took the advice of some thread that East Coasters come West) and he is sooo excited to be taking his first solo trip with dad.

BTW, what would one do with a couple of hours in the afternoon in Indy before driving up to Noblesville??
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I look at it like this, if the pavilion seats that were available were far up and to the side, then regardless, you are in a better situation if you got tics thru 10c.

as long as it's not lawn, I'm always happy.
  • BTW, thank you to the OP and others for picking a venue where I can bring my 9 year old. Coming in from the Big Apple (yes I took the advice of some thread that East Coasters come West) and he is sooo excited to be taking his first solo trip with dad.

BTW, what would one do with a couple of hours in the afternoon in Indy before driving up to Noblesville??

I'm from Chicago, so this is total shot in the dark, but try the Zoo! Kids love Zoos.

I love Zoos!
  • BTW, what would one do with a couple of hours in the afternoon in Indy before driving up to Noblesville??

Go straight to Noblesville so you don't have to sweat in the parking lot traffic on I-69 and explain to him how you're sorry he'll miss the show. Might be good to take him out in the middle of nowhere vs. hanging out downtown - let him see cows and farms and fields. ;)

I remember the first time a friend of mine in college (from CT) was driving through southern Indiana and she spotted a pig. She had never seen a real live pig and she about wrecked the car in excitement...

Relax and enjoy the countryside(I'm being serious)

Go straight to Noblesville so you don't have to sweat in the parking lot traffic on I-69 and explain to him how you're sorry he'll miss the show. Might be good to take him out in the middle of nowhere vs. hanging out downtown - let him see cows and farms and fields. ;)

I remember the first time a friend of mine in college (from CT) was driving through southern Indiana and she spotted a pig. She had never seen a real live pig and she about wrecked the car in excitement...

That's good advice, thanks :D
    And I like zoos too :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Just curious, has anyone here been to DC and Marcus Ampitheater in Milwaukee or Tinley Park outside of Chicago (no idea what they call it these days)? I've only been to Marcus and Tinley Park for outdoor venues, and I'm just wondering how those stack-up to DC.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • IndySarahIndySarah Posts: 42

That's good advice, thanks :D
    And I like zoos too :)

How much time do you have? Our zoo is decent, not great, but decent. We do have a great Children's Museum, http://childrensmuseum.org/ but with the age, it might depend on the kid.

You probably won't see a cow, unless you drive out farther ;)
    "You look like you'd be sticky" --

Indianapolis 1998, Indianapolis 2000, Alpine 2003, Indianapolis 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, St Louis 2004, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Hamilton 2005, Chicago I 2006, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Cincinnati 2006 The Vic 2007, Lollapalooza 2007, Chicago I and II 2009
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Just curious, has anyone here been to DC and Marcus Ampitheater in Milwaukee or Tinley Park outside of Chicago (no idea what they call it these days)? I've only been to Marcus and Tinley Park for outdoor venues, and I'm just wondering how those stack-up to DC.

Deer Creek is kinda like Marcus and Tinley Park. It will be a fun time for sure. :)
  • IndySarah wrote:
    How much time do you have? Our zoo is decent, not great, but decent. We do have a great Children's Museum, http://childrensmuseum.org/ but with the age, it might depend on the kid.

I agree the zoo is okay but nothing like DC or STL for sure. When you leave the airport - take the belt north and then hop off on I-65 - it won't take long to find hogs (very, very smelly ones)
    IndySarah wrote:

I agree the zoo is okay but nothing like DC or STL for sure. When you leave the airport - take the belt north and then hop off on I-65 - it won't take long to find hogs (very, very smelly ones)
    Thanks, we are staying at the Hilton North. It says 20 min from venue.

Oh BTW, can you get pre paid parking??
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Thanks, we are staying at the Hilton North. It says 20 min from venue.

Pre-paid parking at the venue? Yes, you can get VIP parking - $25 (I think) through TM
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    Deer creek is a cross between alpine and Marcus. Marcus seating and grass are "wider"
  • IndySarah wrote:

Like VIP parking? I got VIP parking for Deer Creek. It was $25. I'm staying at a hotel less than a mile away but I'm fat and don't like walking. Unless we are streaking. If there is streaking, I'm in!
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    Me and 3 friends coming down from Milwaukee (after Columbus)

as for the pit, I don't think PJ will have the pit. It would eliminate the lottery for rows 1-2 and 9-10
  • pantspants Posts: 60
    You can add me to the list. I have a question, too. I won't be able to leave northwest Indiana until about 3:30 (a downside of being placed in Gary for medical school, the upside was seeing PJ in Chicago in the fall), and I was wondering what the best way would be to get to Deer Creek. With the hour time change, I don't want to be even close to missing anything. I was thinking of trying to avoid 465, and even 65 around Zionsville, does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking about crossing over on 32, does anyone have know what that's like on a Friday? Thanks.

Pre-paid parking at the venue? Yes, you can get VIP parking - $25 (I think) through TM
    Got it... Thanks again :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    i suggest looking into this place to kill time with a young one...

it's in noblesville,so you'd be on that side of town...

http://www.connerprairie.org/

BTW, thank you to the OP and others for picking a venue where I can bring my 9 year old. Coming in from the Big Apple (yes I took the advice of some thread that East Coasters come West) and he is sooo excited to be taking his first solo trip with dad.

• acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Seats are sold out on TM (as noted), not sure how fast, but exactly at sale time, for a single ticket I could only pull Sec D Row H ... didn't pull the trigger .... "we're faithful ... we all believe, we all believe..."

BUT -- do try TM again a week or so before the show, tix always show up right before the shows on TM.
    [sic] happens
  • Add Me - Staying at the Super 8 and attending Mo's!
  • BTW, thank you to the OP and others for picking a venue where I can bring my 9 year old. Coming in from the Big Apple (yes I took the advice of some thread that East Coasters come West) and he is sooo excited to be taking his first solo trip with dad.

I'm from Chicago, so this is total shot in the dark, but try the Zoo! Kids love Zoos.

I love Zoos!
    Depending on your interests, there is the Speedway Museum for racing fans, NCAA Hall of Champs for bball fans, a few art museums, and the zoo is pretty good also. Hope this helps.
    i did what i had to do, and if there was a reason it was you
    On an unrelated note, I was just caller 4 on Q95 to try to win tickets for the show. Damn, so close! And then they play Pearl Jam name that tune and they guy didn't recognize Black... sigh...
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    dougfloyd wrote:
    On an unrelated note, I was just caller 4 on Q95 to try to win tickets for the show. Damn, so close! And then they play Pearl Jam name that tune and they guy didn't recognize Black... sigh...

that guy should be crucified
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

I love Zoos!
    Depending on your interests, there is the Speedway Museum for racing fans, NCAA Hall of Champs for bball fans, a few art museums, and the zoo is pretty good also. Hope this helps.
    Thanks!
    GoiMTvP.gif
    dougfloyd wrote:

that guy should be crucified

It was about as bad as a couple days ago when they played Daughter and the guy guessed Do the Evolution, it didn't even sound close.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,808
    Add me! Add me! Thanks to a fellow PJer I'll be making the drive from Chicago :D
  • grizahamgrizaham Nashville, TN Posts: 338
    grizaham +3
    can't wait
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• We're coming from Kentucky. This will be my 11 year old daughters first show! She is major excited. We all are! I hope that once Louisville gets their new arena finished that Pearl Jam will decide to add it to a tour on their next album. We're not all Bush voting morons. There are some of us with good taste....we're just stuck here! :o Can't wait to see PJ. Hoping for good seats since my daughter and I are both so short. I think they closest I've ever been is 20+ rows back and that was with ten club seats. Maybe for once in my life I'll get lucky and hit the ticket lottery! Talk about an awesome way to introduce my child to the greatest band in the world!
    It's an art to live with pain.. mix the light into gray.