***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Todd Ritchie was a bust but kip wells, fogg and the third never turned out to be prizes themselves.
    However, Rios has had many chances up in Toronto with a potent lineup (so had had a ton of protection). He is the biggest bust in this town since Soriano.
    Joe Nathan might be out for the year- good news for the good guys.
    Andruw Jones hit a 3 run shot tonight
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Andruw Jones hit a 3 run shot tonight

and than ate 4 cupcakes to celebrate. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    lol. i think he's been laying off the hostess, he had his 3rd SB this spring.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

i went to look up who he hit the HR off of. young guy, but he had a decent year last year out of the pen for the dodgers. 80+ innings with a 2.7~ era
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Davidtrios wrote:
    lol. i think he's been laying off the hostess, he had his 3rd SB this spring.

He has been surprisingly good so far this Spring. I'm still not counting on him to be a big contributor, but I like what I've seen so far.
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    Lets do this.

8-)
    I like how this thread was started on my birthday.
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    Super excited for the season.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Be forewarned ... I just put the jinx on Gavin Floyd by trading for him in my roto league.

Damn, he was really pitching lights out during the second half last year. I got him cheap, I expect big things. Carry on.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    You guys still suck. :lol:

Thanks for beating the Tigers for us at the end of last season though.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.

The Tigers bear themselves. Miguel Cabrera's alcohol problem didnt help either.

I can't wait for your Twins to play in a real ballpark for once. It's going to be a much different ballgame!

I can't wait for your Twins to play in a real ballpark for once. It's going to be a much different ballgame!

So the Twins winning 17 out of their last 20 games didn't have anything to do with it? Or beating Detroit in the one game playoff? You can at least give the Twins some credit for what they accomplished last year. Oh yeah, they didn't have Justin Morneau for the last month of the season either.

Also, regarding our "home field advantage"- when we beat you 5 games to 4 at your place last year including a 20-1 shellacking, it didn't count?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams ... ores.shtml

So the Twins winning 17 out of their last 20 games didn't have anything to do with it? Or beating Detroit in the one game playoff? You can at least give the Twins some credit for what they accomplished last year. Oh yeah, they didn't have Justin Morneau for the last month of the season either.

Also, regarding our "home field advantage"- when we beat you 5 games to 4 at your place last year including a 20-1 shellacking, it didn't count?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams ... ores.shtml

Woah woah, relax buddy. I never said anything about the Twins not playing well down the stretch. Just pointing out that the Tigers fell apart.

So you think there was no "home field advantage" playing in that shitbox of a stadium?? Yes, the Twins beat the Sox 5 out of 9 in Chicago. All I am saying is that they had a significant home field advantage playing in the dome all those years.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Just a few more weeks! I haven't been paying much attention to spring training, but I'm ramping it up for the opener. I feel a 90+ win season coming.

Woah woah, relax buddy. I never said anything about the Twins not playing well down the stretch. Just pointing out that the Tigers fell apart.

So you think there was no "home field advantage" playing in that shitbox of a stadium?? Yes, the Twins beat the Sox 5 out of 9 in Chicago. All I am saying is that they had a significant home field advantage playing in the dome all those years.

I'm perfectly calm dude. :) You just said the Tigers beat themselves, which is partially true. But you really didn't say anything about the Twins, which made it just seem like they just backed into winning the division.

Seems like a lot of white sox fans like to blame our stadium for our good fortune. There was quite a while where we were just awful at home and on the road. Did the dome attribute to Morneau and Mauer's MVP's? I don't think so. They're just damn good players. The opposing team can have hits bounce a mile up into the air off the turf just as easily as the Twins can. Sure the Twins might have had some of an advantage since they were used to it, but I don't think we'll see them lose many more games because they're playing outdoors now.
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    I'm perfectly calm dude. :) You just said the Tigers beat themselves, which is partially true. But you really didn't say anything about the Twins, which made it just seem like they just backed into winning the division.

Seems like a lot of white sox fans like to blame our stadium for our good fortune. There was quite a while where we were just awful at home and on the road. Did the dome attribute to Morneau and Mauer's MVP's? I don't think so. They're just damn good players. The opposing team can have hits bounce a mile up into the air off the turf just as easily as the Twins can. Sure the Twins might have had some of an advantage since they were used to it, but I don't think we'll see them lose many more games because they're playing outdoors now.

It wasn't so much the actual play of the game, because like you said, both teams played on the same field. (Although I do think the Twins tailored their teams for the turf, but that's not a knock because they had great success in doing so.) I feel it's more like the mental edge may be lifted, at least for the White Sox. Da Sox just freaked out in that place. It was never "let's hope we don't blow this game," but rather "when are we going to blow this game." That place just mentally owned the entire organization. May be wishful thinking on our part to assume that's gone, or it may be true. No way to really tell until we start playing there and watch Thome's check-swing K on Danks' curveball..... :D
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.

Oh yeah, obviously the Twins have some great players in Mauer and Morneau. Like the guy above responded, there was just something about that dome and the white sox the past few years. We always just knew something bad was going to happen. Some ball would take a bad bounce off the carpet, someone would lose a fly ball in the lights/white roof...just all kinds of crazy shit.

Obviously, the Twins have made their team fit well with that place in the past few years so I just think it will be interesting when they play outside. And another thing, whats with the no retractable roof thing on the new place?? April baseball outside in Minnesota should be interesting...might have a few "snow-outs".

And another thing, whats with the no retractable roof thing on the new place?? April baseball outside in Minnesota should be interesting...might have a few "snow-outs".

Below are the average Opening Day high temperatures for the following cities, including Minneapolis(2000-2009):

• Chicago: 57.0
    • New York: 55.0
    • Minneapolis: 53.4
    • Boston: 51.9
    • Cleveland: 48.1

What's with the no retractable roof thing in all of these places? Baseball should be played outdoors in a ballpark, not an airplane hangar (see- Miller Park).
    Just a few more weeks! I haven't been paying much attention to spring training, but I'm ramping it up for the opener. I feel a 90+ win season coming.

Havent been paying much attention either....its hard for me to get into spring training. I do like the sound of 90 wins.
    HOW THE FUCK DID JAYSON NIX MAKE THE 25 man roster? He had 5 errors this spring and countless others last year. At this point, he's a backup DH and Dye would be more productive.

If Omar can't teach him how to field, I hope they bring up De Aza- he has speed to BURN!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    As much as I would like to see the White Sox lose 100 games this year....

I will say this....

Andruw Jones will be comeback player of the year......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    As much as I would like to see the White Sox lose 100 games this year....

I will say this....

Andruw Jones will be comeback player of the year......

I hope you're right Speedy. Nice to see Jones got his fat ass in shape. Hopefully he can contribute something.

Whats the prediction for your Cubbies this year?
    Very nice start for the Sox. Buehrle looked sharp from the limited parts of the game that I was able to see. So happy baseball season is finally here.
    Perfect record! 8-)
  • KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Excellent start!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Mark Buerhle's play today.. amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcBkWZ26lfc
    Mr. Perfect showed us all why he won the Gold Glove last year. Amazing play- it reminded me of Tad Iguchi's play a few years back.
    went to the sox game yesterday- nice come from behind win and ended with an exciting play at the plate.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    went to the sox game yesterday- nice come from behind win and ended with an exciting play at the plate.

That was a big W yesterday. I cant believe they sent Hardy home on that play....it wasnt even close. He had to have been out by 25-30 feet.