Options

choose one msg show

iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
edited March 2010 in The Porch
if you had to only choose one msg show to attend on the tour would it be night 1 or 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Definitely night 1, it seems to be they're best performance in any city.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    It's like Lays potato chips. You can never have just 1 ;) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    Definitely night 1, it seems to be they're best performance in any city.

Disagree. The first night seems to be the "greatest hits" show while the second show gets deeper cuts.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I dnt get it. They play 2 shows in the same city, you go to both shows. Pj never repeat a show so how would u know which one to go to???? You go to both. And dnt tell me it's impossible because my gf and I went to all 4 phili shows and we only had tickets to 3 of them. Nothings impossible and there's enough kick ass members who willhelp if need be.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Night 2. It's the last show of the Leg.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    How can you only go to 1?
  • Options
    RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    Brisk. wrote:

Agreed.
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

Cause a.) many fan's get struck out with 10club ticket's & nazi ticket distruber's like Tickermaster & their sister stations & b.) they work on a Thursday/Friday (when the MSG show's are going down). But it's only a 2 month prep, gives you enough time to tell your boss for some time off & time to tell your grandparents or next door neighbour to take care of the kids when you're gone to see PJ. ;)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Cause a.) many fan's get struck out with 10club ticket's & nazi ticket distruber's like Tickermaster & their sister stations & b.) they work on a Thursday/Friday (when the MSG show's are going down). But it's only a 2 month prep, gives you enough time to tell your boss for some time off & time to tell your grandparents or next door neighbour to take care of the kids when you're gone to see PJ. ;)

Tickets is never the issue, THERE ALWAYS ARE TICKETS!!! If you want them bad enough then put effort it in and search.. i got tickets for all 5 of the last shows in 2008 a few weeks before the shows themselves..

and well sickies? :P
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Tickets is never the issue, THERE ALWAYS ARE TICKETS!!! If you want them bad enough then put effort it in and search.. i got tickets for all 5 of the last shows in 2008 a few weeks before the shows themselves..

and well sickies? :P

Cause you're well connected there Ed. ;) The group had spares. We all scored & paid for NYC1 & NYC2 10club ticket's. So we had many doubles to go around. Not everybody is well connected.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Cause you're well connected there Ed. ;) The group had spares. We all scored & paid for NYC1 & NYC2 10club ticket's. So we had many doubles to go around. Not everybody is well connected.

Well the PJ forum is a great place to start, i actually got my MSG tickets from a dude who came from Scotland for just the 2 shows on his own.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I would pick Friday finale night and might still if I get shut out of Hartford/Boston 1- I prefer 10C tix
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    For me it would be night 1 due to the opener. I have yet to see The Black Keys and have seen Band of Horses multiple times.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Been to 6 shows at the Garden. 1998, 2003, and 2008. 1998 Night 2 definitely, night 1 2003 and 2008.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    The last show of any leg is a must :idea:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    RGarabed21 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Agreed.
    +1 no way ill travel to NY and i go to one show..i got 2 legs,2 hands, 2 eyes....... 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    OTOTOOTOTO New York, NY Posts: 190
    Eddie has said many times that PJ's best shows (and he said many other bands for that matter) are always the next to last night of a tour.
    "You Can't be Neutral on a Moving Train"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    solat14 wrote:
    Eddie has said many times that PJ's best shows (and he said many other bands for that matter) are always the next to last night of a tour.
    thts why Athens 06 was the best..was the last of the tour ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Been to 6 shows at the Garden. 1998, 2003, and 2008. 1998 Night 2 definitely, night 1 2003 and 2008.

Exactly. Anybody think there's a possibility for a third show on Sat.?
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    badbrains wrote:
    I dnt get it. They play 2 shows in the same city, you go to both shows. Pj never repeat a show so how would u know which one to go to???? You go to both. And dnt tell me it's impossible because my gf and I went to all 4 phili shows and we only had tickets to 3 of them. Nothings impossible and there's enough kick ass members who willhelp if need be.

well the main reason i ask is not because i only want to go to one..i know theres always way..but not everyone can afford this stuff financially to go to both especially if you have to hunt down tix..so some have to choose one and unfortunately i might just have to do that
  • Options
    MASMAS Posts: 628
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

You are absolutely correct ;)
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

Exactly. Anybody think there's a possibility for a third show on Sat.?

I DO IDO I DO I DO I DO I DO
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    98- night 2 had the better setlist
    03- night 2 had the better setlist
    08- night 2 had the better setlist
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I was really thinking of just one this year since money is tight, and would've chosen the 2nd night, but...Black Keys?! Makes 1st night a must. Hopefully I'll figure things out for both nights.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    solat14 wrote:

Dang, beat me to it -- Night 1 is my main focus simply because Ed said it. Just a long, long standing fact that the SECOND to last date is always the best rippin' show of a tour.

:D
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm going for night 2 and Hartford.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    Sophie's choice was easy by comparison...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    acutejam wrote:
    solat14 wrote:

Dang, beat me to it -- Night 1 is my main focus simply because Ed said it. Just a long, long standing fact that the SECOND to last date is always the best rippin' show of a tour.

:D

They are also coming off of a rest day, which usually means a great show
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    In my MSG experiences (2003, 2008), I have a hard time really distinguishing night one from night two on both occasions because I had similar seats at all of them and all of them were great.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    night 1... there has been some history with the 2nd last show of the tour being the best 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!