Options

Question About 2008 DC Poster

More CowbellMore Cowbell Posts: 175
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Is the paper stock slightly thinner on the 2008 DC poster than on some of the other posters? I picked one up off of eBay (as I missed out on getting one at the show) and it seems to me that the poster was printed on a thinner paper than other posters I have. For instance, the 2008 NY posters seem to be printed on a thicker, sturdier paper. The back of the DC poster also seems to be a smoother, almost glossy finish than the NY posters. Does Ames use different printers for different shows?

I bought the poster the Monday night after the show and it was at my doorstep Thursday afternoon so I doubt that is enough time to duplicate the poster (and it would be a remarkable forgery if so), so I am just curious.

Thanks in advance for all responses.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    simkin7074simkin7074 Posts: 249
    The DC Poster is definitely on thinner stock. I bought one at the DC show and it was the first thing I noticed when it was handed to me after the show. Seems to scratch a bit easier too. Someone I was talking to said that it might be because it was rushed at the printers and it was the only stock available, but who knows.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    it is a paper that they have used for other posters in the past, it is the same as the San Fran 06 posters......
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    More CowbellMore Cowbell Posts: 175
    Thank you both for the info!