Canada vs. Usa - Men's Hockey

14567810»

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So what are the matchups going forward?

if canada beats germany they play russia
    usa plays winner of swiss belarus

12:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 19
    Canada vs Germany 16:30 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 20
    Czech Republic vs Latvia 19:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 21
    Slovakia vs Norway 21:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 22
    February 24, 2010
    12:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 23
    16:30 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 24
    19:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 25
    21:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 26
    February 25, 2010
    Medal Event 11:00 - Ice Hockey - Women's Bronze Medal Game - Game 19
    Medal Event 15:30 - Ice Hockey - Women's Gold Medal Game - Game 20
    February 26, 2010
    12:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Semifinals - Game 27
    18:30 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Semifinals - Game 28
    February 27, 2010
    Medal Event 19:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Bronze Medal Game - Game 29
    February 28, 2010
    Medal Event 12:15 - Ice Hockey - Men's Gold Medal Game - Game 30

© IOC 2010, Official Results powered by Atos Origin. Timing and results management by Omega

The schedule that I saw somewhere had the Russia vs Canada/Germany game as the late one on Wednesday. I hope that's not he case.... Having the marquee Canada vs Russia, Crosby vs Oveckin matchup at midnight on the east coast would just go in line with the missed opportunities that the best of this sport has had to be showcased in the US.

The Nhl would like that game in prime time, but the ioc anf iihc don't really care what the NHL wants, that is why the NHL won't commit past this year. The NHL wants morem more control, plus I think they want the players give something in return cosidering they keep saying they want to be there.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    putting the Russia vs Canada q-final (assuming) on at midnight eastern would be outrageous and the IIOC can f-off if they do
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    Canada vs Russia(if it happens) will be at 7:30 est on Wed. Feb. 24.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    Someone has to play the later game, who really cares who it is.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• BLACK35 wrote:
    Anyone else pumped about Canada vs. Usa hockey game tomorrow? It'll be time we kick ass once again :D Its the only thing that matters at the Olympics, MEN'S HOCKEY. EH OH CANADA GO ;)

yeah, I caught the tail end of that game last night--because it interrupted the dancing figure skating!!--bastards--just kidding :D

so Usa won. cool. is that like pigs flying or something?--since Canada usually takes the cake in hockey? when was the last time Usa beat Canada at hockey?
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Anyone else pumped about Canada vs. Usa hockey game tomorrow? It'll be time we kick ass once again :D Its the only thing that matters at the Olympics, MEN'S HOCKEY. EH OH CANADA GO ;)

yeah, I caught the tail end of that game last night--because it interrupted the dancing figure skating!!--bastards--just kidding :D

so Usa won. cool. is that like pigs flying or something?--since Canada usually takes the cake in hockey? when was the last time Usa beat Canada at hockey?
    Have not beat us in an Olympics since 1960. Doesn't matter now that we won Ice Dance Gold, since we apparently are no longer capable of turning out male hockey players that can compete for medals we are turning all our arenas into ice dancing training facilities ;). Of course we will set aside some rinks for ladies hockey ;). Also since Joe Thorton doesn't perform in big games he will be taking up ice dancing ;) He also feels it fits his style, no physical contact with the opposition ;):mrgreen:

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NCBRI wrote:
    Marty will go down as one of the greatest of all time, but he's on the decline and has been for a few years now. He has been outplayed in the playoffs. I know I've seen him get knocked out twice by my Canes in the last few years. I respect him for what he's done, but that won't stop me from giving him one of these:

MARTY.......MARTY......MARTY......MARTY.....you suck
    Well he's been one of the top goalies in the league this year, up until January. Doesn't seem too slow to me.

Tru Dat !

Just nice to gloat for a little while

:P
    Well our men's and women's curling teams beat yours....lol?
  • Rygar wrote:

Tru Dat !

Just nice to gloat for a little while

:P
    Well our men's and women's curling teams beat yours....lol?

Thats true..Plus the women's Canadian Team is going for the Gold

At least one team showed up ;):)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

• Holy Crap !

Some small part of me feels bad...it's so important to them and most people in the US don't even know who won the game or care

:|
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    canadians-respond-to-hockey-upset-flash.jpg
    Lol
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Rygar wrote:
    Lol

robin williams said it the best... canada is a loft apartment above a really good party.

:)
    Rygar wrote:
    Lol

robin williams said it the best... canada is a loft apartment above a really good party.

:)
    Kinda funny when the good drink is in the loft and not at the party ;)

Holy Crap !

Some small part of me feels bad...it's so important to them and most people in the US don't even know who won the game or care

:|

I don't know if it's that it's so much more important to us or if it is just plain passion. I tend to think it's just that we are rabid passionate hockey fans. Internationally is usually the one sport that we can count on doing well in, it's also the one thing that seems to bring us together from coast to coast to coast... along with our health care. To really understand the passion for the game all you have to do is watch a Canadian team in the playoffs at home, every seat is full by the time the national anthem is played and they are the loudest rinks in the NHL.

It's our national past time, but unlike the american national past time we still feel confidant that we can compete with any country anywhere.

I am perplexed at why the NHL mens teams struggle's so much internationally as of late. There is nothing wrong with the quality of hockey talent coming from the junior ranks, over the last 8 years we have won 5 world junior titles and 3 silvers. the US did win the world junior title this year, but that was probably just a hiccup for us.

I just think we need to do a better job of putting teams together at the Olympics, this team is better than '06, but I suspect if we're there in '14 we will not see any players older than 34. I'm sure if they could go back, Stamkos, Green and Burrows would be on this team.

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Rygar wrote:
    Lol
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    1501652.jpg?1266811449
    crosby-celeb-cp-100228.jpg
    Just for you neilypj1 ;)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Great googly moogly ...

No offense to the products sold at Walmart, but those things look like something that is sold at Walmart.  uphill battle for team USA from the very start ...