USA USA USA USA!!!

Wow what a game

I was looking online for a pic where the 3 Canadian players collided

:lol:;):D

Ask and you shall receive.
    http://imgur.com/BcSbf.gif

click link and scroll down a bit...

http://thepensblog.com/
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    milarso wrote:
    USA USA USA USA!!!

Wow what a game

THE STUNNED MAP IS AWESOME
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    If they had come out and played bad, then I agree it's a choke, we played well, our goaltending was not as solid as yours, I think Ron Wilson out coached Babcock, but a choke I'm not buying it.

You guys got the job done with great goaltending and timely scoring congrates for that. I don't believe for a minute that we can't get to the Gold Medal game, we have what should be an exhibition game against Germany, but you never know.
    I don't think this was wilson coaching, it was burke picking the players for this team. A coach like torts or gordon coulda coached them.

This american hockey team shoulda been what we had in 06. A young gritty team that has heart and wants to wear that red white and blue. I'm not saying the 98,02 06 teams didn't have heart but this team just seems to want it more and they believe in themselves that yea we can win gold. As an american hockey fan I believe they can win gold. I was probably the only one in here that said team usa was going to beat canada tonight.
    I agree, especially about youth, I was one who told my buddies we should have no one over the age of 33, it the veterans that are killing us right now. I can't help but think how much better off we would have been with Alex Burrow, Mike Green and Steve Stamkos, arrrrgh. But great win for you guys, and I agree Burke did a great job in selecting players.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Loved the Big US win.but fear not Canada, you don't have to go undefeated to win gold. Your road got extremely tougher but it will be all that much sweeter if you can pull it off.
    Hope to see you in a gold medal rematch.
    Road is a lot tougher, I am sure Russia was not expecting this either, they have exactly been destroying opponents either. So I'm sure they are a nervous.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Loved the Big US win.but fear not Canada, you don't have to go undefeated to win gold. Your road got extremely tougher but it will be all that much sweeter if you can pull it off.
    Road is a lot tougher, I am sure Russia was not expecting this either, they have exactly been destroying opponents either. So I'm sure they are a nervous.

germany russia most likely sweden and hopefully usa :shock:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 wrote:

germany russia most likely sweden and hopefully usa :shock:
    I reckon we'll only take one of those ;)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I'm not a huge hockey fan......but that empty net goal was fucking insane! :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lukin2006 wrote:

Sweden looks like the best team in my opinion. Double gold? would be quite the feat.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    lukin2006 wrote:

Sweden looks like the best team in my opinion. Double gold? would be quite the feat.

agree. and its amazing how they aren't getting any talk.

lundqvist hasn't allowed a goal yet.

agree. and its amazing how they aren't getting any talk.

lundqvist hasn't allowed a goal yet.

KING HENRY SLIDING UNDER THE RADAR
    thats the pool of death

russia sweden and canada
  • So what are the matchups going forward?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    milarso wrote:

THE STUNNED MAP IS AWESOME

I guess. Cause the province of Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island didn't get an arrow. I guess we weren't stunned at all, being that Crosby is born & raised here in Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, we thought he could do better. But when I saw the Canadian goalie play baseball which second's later costed a goal for Team Canada, I said USA is gonna win this game. And they did. They should of had Roberto Luongo in nets then baseball star Martin Brodeur.

If Martin Brodeur is the chosen goalie for Team Canada against Team Germany tomorrow, it's not gonna be a great scene for Canada. :|
    So what are the matchups going forward?

if canada beats germany they play russia
    usa plays winner of swiss belarus

12:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 19
    Canada vs Germany 16:30 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 20
    Czech Republic vs Latvia 19:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 21
    Slovakia vs Norway 21:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 22
    February 24, 2010
    12:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 23
    16:30 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 24
    19:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 25
    21:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 26
    February 25, 2010
    Medal Event 11:00 - Ice Hockey - Women's Bronze Medal Game - Game 19
    Medal Event 15:30 - Ice Hockey - Women's Gold Medal Game - Game 20
    February 26, 2010
    12:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Semifinals - Game 27
    18:30 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Semifinals - Game 28
    February 27, 2010
    Medal Event 19:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Bronze Medal Game - Game 29
    February 28, 2010
    Medal Event 12:15 - Ice Hockey - Men's Gold Medal Game - Game 30

© IOC 2010, Official Results powered by Atos Origin. Timing and results management by Omega
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    milarso wrote:
    USA USA USA USA!!!

Wow what a game

haha another good wallpaper

Btw- can someone tell that blogger how to spell miracle

lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    If they had come out and played bad, then I agree it's a choke, we played well, our goaltending was not as solid as yours, I think Ron Wilson out coached Babcock, but a choke I'm not buying it.

You guys got the job done with great goaltending and timely scoring congrates for that. I don't believe for a minute that we can't get to the Gold Medal game, we have what should be an exhibition game against Germany, but you never know.
    I don't think this was wilson coaching, it was burke picking the players for this team. A coach like torts or gordon coulda coached them.

This american hockey team shoulda been what we had in 06. A young gritty team that has heart and wants to wear that red white and blue. I'm not saying the 98,02 06 teams didn't have heart but this team just seems to want it more and they believe in themselves that yea we can win gold. As an american hockey fan I believe they can win gold. I was probably the only one in here that said team usa was going to beat canada tonight.
    I agree, especially about youth, I was one who told my buddies we should have no one over the age of 33, it the veterans that are killing us right now. I can't help but think how much better off we would have been with Alex Burrow, Mike Green and Steve Stamkos, arrrrgh. But great win for you guys, and I agree Burke did a great job in selecting players.
    agreed

Forgot to add john tavares ;);)

This wasn't a miracle by any means. I hate to say it but this was just for a bye in next round, this won't go down with 1960 win or the 1980 win or the 04 juniors win or even the 96 world cup of hockey win. Its a great win for the team usa hockey program and that's all it is really.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Czech Republic vs Latvia 19:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 21
    Slovakia vs Norway 21:00 - Ice Hockey - Men's Play-offs Qualifications - Game 22
    February 24, 2010
    February 25, 2010
    February 26, 2010
    February 27, 2010
    February 28, 2010

© IOC 2010, Official Results powered by Atos Origin. Timing and results management by Omega
    Sweet! Thanks...

So that means most likely Sweden in the Semis? :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif

lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

agreed

Forgot to add john tavares ;);)

This wasn't a miracle by any means. I hate to say it but this was just for a bye in next round, this won't go down with 1960 win or the 1980 win or the 04 juniors win or even the 96 world cup of hockey win. Its a great win for the team usa hockey program and that's all it is really.

not a miracle but the 1st win against canada since 1960 (in the olympics)..so i would say its more than just a bye
    plus its the 1st big win for all the youngsters on the team
    So what are the matchups going forward?

February 24, 2010
    February 25, 2010
    February 26, 2010
    February 27, 2010
    February 28, 2010

Sweet! Thanks...

So that means most likely Sweden in the Semis? :shock:

winner of russia canada would play sweden if they advance
  • That didn't take long... Marty out, Luongo in...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,221348
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

February 24, 2010
    February 25, 2010
    February 26, 2010
    February 27, 2010
    February 28, 2010

The schedule that I saw somewhere had the Russia vs Canada/Germany game as the late one on Wednesday. I hope that's not he case.... Having the marquee Canada vs Russia, Crosby vs Oveckin matchup at midnight on the east coast would just go in line with the missed opportunities that the best of this sport has had to be showcased in the US.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    That didn't take long... Marty out, Luongo in...

Holy cow! :shock: They must be on to me. I gotta start wearing those tin foil hats so nobody else reads my thoughts. I just posted 4 minutes before this top story broke out that they are going with Roberto Luongo if Canada were to win. Putting Brodeur would be a lose for sure. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=123672&start=240#p2803127
    That didn't take long... Marty out, Luongo in...

had to do it

fathead MARTY MARTY MARTY :lol:
  • milarso wrote:
    USA USA USA USA!!!

Wow what a game

Awesome !!!

Would it be wrong of me to use it as my avatar ?

;) :twisted:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • That didn't take long... Marty out, Luongo in...

had to do it

fathead MARTY MARTY MARTY :lol:

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

• rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    marrrrtaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnn marrrrtaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnn

seems like a lot of ppl dont like him on this forum.

haha, fatty.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    milarso wrote:
    USA USA USA USA!!!

Wow what a game

Awesome !!!

Go ahead :)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma
  • Rygar wrote:
    milarso wrote:

Awesome !!!

Go ahead :)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

Yeah, lol... I ain't celebrating nothin' until the medals are being handed out.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    None of the 3 Canadian goalies had been playing particularly well coming into the tourney. Canada's goalies don't need to steal any games they just need to be solid on the first save. Canada vastly outplayed it's opponents in the round-robin but got mediocre goaltending and ran into 2 really hot goalies (which seems to happen when you want to show a host powerhouse up and there is nothing to lose).

I'd stick with Brodeur at this point if I'm Babcock. Luongo is a game-stealer who needs lots of work to stay sharp. Marty is solid (esp. when he realizes that he doesn't have to be the best puck handler in his own end) and he can usually find a way to win when it counts -- Luongo hasn't shown that he's been able to do that yet. I guess we'll find out if Luongo has it in him cause if we see Marty again it will be replacing Luongo in-game.

No matter who makes it, the hockey that will be played in the quarters, semis and finals is going to be unreal to watch.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Rygar wrote:

Awesome !!!

Yeah, lol... I ain't celebrating nothin' until the medals are being handed out.

Tru Dat !

Just nice to gloat for a little while

:P

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I like Marty...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Marty will go down as one of the greatest of all time, but he's on the decline and has been for a few years now. He has been outplayed in the playoffs. I know I've seen him get knocked out twice by my Canes in the last few years. I respect him for what he's done, but that won't stop me from giving him one of these:

MARTY.......MARTY......MARTY......MARTY.....you suck
    Brian