Options

No Oscar Nomination

igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
edited January 2008 in The Porch
For Eddie. Enchanted got 3 for best song.
I miss igotid88
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    just shows you that sometimes these award shows are a complete load of bullshit, lets go with whatever is popular approach......

Eddie should have won by a country mile, even so I dont think he will give the slightest toss either way
  • Options
    Are you f*cking kidding me!!!! 3 Nominations for Enchanted and not one for the winner of the Golden Globe for Best Original Song, total and absolute horse sh*t!
    I hope SAG does boycott the show so they can flush that 4 hour snooze fest right down the f*cking toilet!

Peace, love, have a great day!
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain...

http://www.facebook.com/theendlessproof
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    Are you f*cking kidding me!!!! 3 Nominations for Enchanted and not one for the winner of the Golden Globe for Best Original Song, total and absolute horse sh*t!
    I hope SAG does boycott the show so they can flush that 4 hour snooze fest right down the f*cking toilet!

Peace, love, have a great day!
    Only one of the nominees for Best Picture, No Country for Old Men was recognized by the foreign press. The Golden Globes isn't necessarily the gauge for the Oscars. They're a lot more liberal. Besides, getting or not getting an Oscar nomination doesn't validate Eddie anyway. He's already bona fide.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    DAMN! I thought this film would be nominated for a hell of a lot more. As far as I can tell, it's only up for Hal Holbrook (rightly deserved!) and editing. Nothing for feature film (MAYBE I had my hopes set too high :D) best director, actor, cinematography, OR song. I thought it would get a few more, to be honest, and I honestly thought Ed was a shoe-in for a nomination, considering he won the Golden Globe. I am glad that Once and August Rush were nominated, as I LOVE the music in both of those films, but THREE for that godawful Enchanted movie? REALLY??? I expected the other two to be up against Into the Wild for at LEAST one song. :(
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2