Options

My wife is the best....

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited March 2008 in The Porch
when I first told her about the PJ shows, she said she didn't think she could swing them because they are kinda far away, and didn't know if she could get off work. So I kind of accepted that I would have to pass on this tour. But when I got home she had gotten us Tix for DC, and the following day off! I'm pumped!
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Awesome! Enjoy! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Aw, isn't that nice??

My hubby does not like Pearl Jam and yet he saw them about three times, front row twice nonetheless :-P I had to drag him with me, what can I say!? After the third one though, I was like "that's it, from now on, I am finding new people and letting them use my extras!" He was happy about that :-)

well I hope for your sake he's at least good in the sack!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    well I hope for your sake he's at least good in the sack!

:D

ain't that a given? ;)

congrats with the wife...love stories like that. hubby and i WERE planning a trip out to seattle the week of june 21st thru 29th. now, we are spending our anniversary weekend in DC, hitting up the show...and hopefully 2 more to come at our hometown shows, MSG. probably have a couple of out-of-towners sleeping on our sofa/guestroom/sleepingbags. hubby is a fan, but not a huge fan. he just loves me. and hell yea, you know he's great in the.......:D well, nevermind.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Well, what can I say, I am a sucker for long-haired rockers. Luckily he is one of those. He plays bass like it's nobody's fucking business! No offense to our boy Ament but hubby could compete with the best of'em!

sweet.
    i am married to a sexy-ass bass player too. yummm.
    :cool:
    he doesn't have long hair though. haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    my wife likes to see them 3 times a tour, shes been to about 20
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 330
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Well, what can I say, I am a sucker for long-haired rockers. Luckily he is one of those. He plays bass like it's nobody's fucking business! No offense to our boy Ament but hubby could compete with the best of'em!
    ya mean long haired loser!. What band is he in again? Oh ya that's right, a shitty bar band that gets 25 bucks a night.Are u sure he can compete with the best of them? Really? Really? Give me a fucken break ,he sucks, and has no money, right?
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Granted everyone's respected husband and wives sound incredible but I believe mine takes the cake! ;)

You can read our story here....

http://www.pearljamstories.com/

It's under "Honeymoon"

Oh yeah, I forgot for Christmas she sent me to Hawaii to see PJ on my own cause she couldn't take time off work to join me. Now that, ladies and gentleman alone constitutes the best spouse in my books!
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Haijay wrote:
    ya mean long haired loser!. What band is he in again? Oh ya that's right, a shitty bar band that gets 25 bucks a night.Are u sure he can compete with the best of them? Really? Really? Give me a fucken break ,he sucks, and has no money, right?

is that really necessary?????????
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    when I first told her about the PJ shows, she said she didn't think she could swing them because they are kinda far away, and didn't know if she could get off work. So I kind of accepted that I would have to pass on this tour. But when I got home she had gotten us Tix for DC, and the following day off! I'm pumped!

Guess you and the lady gave up on the South eh?
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    The best thing about my wife is, even though she isn't a fan, she tries to let me indulge moderately. Still, she's only approved one show on this mini tour, and I'm not sure I can be strong and not buy more. Haha, so the goodwill may end ;-)
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    I like to think myself as a good wife of a Die Hard PJ fan. We're hopefully going to take in a NYC gig or two and combine it with a summer holiday to Vegas and San Francisco this year. Fingers crossed!!

And my wedding present to my gorgeous hubby last year??? a screen print of Eddie singing which hangs proudly at the top of our stairs :D
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    Granted everyone's respected husband and wives sound incredible but I believe mine takes the cake! ;)

You can read our story here....

http://www.pearljamstories.com/

It's under "Honeymoon"

Oh yeah, I forgot for Christmas she sent me to Hawaii to see PJ on my own cause she couldn't take time off work to join me. Now that, ladies and gentleman alone constitutes the best spouse in my books!

While I admit the Honeymoon story is cool. I wouldn't have gone to a PJ show much less Hawaii without here...especially at Christmas time! She's been beside me at every PJ show I've seen...we actually have consecutive TenClub numbers which is kinda cool.
    "It's all happening"