Options

Has Ed Played Can't Keep yet?

LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I don't think I have seen it on the thread lists.........thought I'd post what I just saw on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Z0wbz1nPzc
So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    He only soundchecked Can't Keep at Santa Cruz.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    You just read my mind! I can't believe we did not get the following songs in Santa Cruz, Berkeley 1 and 2:

Fatal
    Can't Keep

These songs SO deserve to be played at an intimate show like the ones he's doing.

I really doubt Ed would play Fatal as that's a Stone song. On this tour he's been sticking to his own songs.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    To clarify, I mean as far as Pearl Jam songs are concerned, he has been sticking to the songs he has written. I wouldn't bet on him playing Fatal for this tour.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    Lizard wrote:
    I don't think I have seen it on the thread lists.........thought I'd post what I just saw on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Z0wbz1nPzc

I almost posted this link, it's pretty cool...
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Yeah because Walking The Cow, Forever Young, are all his songs, right? If he's covering other people's songs, then who better to cover than one of his axemen??? And besides, I am sure Stone would be just fine his favorite frontman doing his song.

Stone might be just fine with it, but Ed is clearly not, as indicated by what he did when someone yelled out Footsteps at Berkeley night 1. He's not comfortable playing other band member's songs.