Earthless

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited December 2009 in Other Music
Great psychadelic rock. I just got a copy of their album "Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky".

Anybody who is a fan of psychadelic rock and the likes of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Cream, and some great instrumental jamming and killer guitar playing should check these guys out.
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Earthless are amazing, I'll second that. I love how the album contains two incredibly long jams, and then a TIGHT cover of Cherry Red.

I'm ashamed to say that i live in San Diego, and have yet to see them live. They play around here every 4-6 months.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    merkinball wrote:
    Earthless are amazing, I'll second that. I love how the album contains two incredibly long jams, and then a TIGHT cover of Cherry Red.

I'm ashamed to say that i live in San Diego, and have yet to see them live. They play around here every 4-6 months.

They really are amazing at their style...love this album! Only because I just recently missed them here in SLC from being in Atlanta for the holidays...please go see them next time, for me if anything. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I think I saw these guys open for Dinosaur Jr. in June in Orange County?
    Amazing Drummer? They played like one song that lasted like 40 minutes???
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    PJPixie wrote:
    I think I saw these guys open for Dinosaur Jr. in June in Orange County?
    Amazing Drummer? They played like one song that lasted like 40 minutes???

Sounds like 'em. Really long psychadelic/bluesy jams. They are really kick ass.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I am excited to check them out thanks to the tip form dcfaithful.

I've been swamped hopefully i'll get a chance this weekend.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I have the album I just have not had a chance to listen to it. Next Saturday i have a 5.5 hour drive. I think it will make for some good driving music :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I have the album I just have not had a chance to listen to it. Next Saturday i have a 5.5 hour drive. I think it will make for some good driving music :)

It definitely will! How was the Baroness show? Also, I'm curious because I love road tripping in the South...where ya headed?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

It definitely will! How was the Baroness show? Also, I'm curious because I love road tripping in the South...where ya headed?

Baroness was very good. The new songs are great. The crowd was much bigger and more lively then when i saw them around this time last year as a headliner which is good for them. I met up with a buddy of mine who is a "real metal head" and did not like the new album because it is too soft. After the show he was like "that shit kills live man" Which it does.
    A little disapointed torche only got 30 minutes to play but they were still good.

As for me i'm headed to my parents house along the coast in South Carolina. Kind of between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. So it is just a drive across I20 and then some back roads that are really not fun to get to them. Not my kind of "fun ride through the south" BUT For new years we have a cabin up in the mountains of north Carolina. I'm looking forward to that drive. I love that area of the country.

Either way I'm looking forward to checking out earthless :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Baroness was very good. The new songs are great. The crowd was much bigger and more lively then when i saw them around this time last year as a headliner which is good for them. I met up with a buddy of mine who is a "real metal head" and did not like the new album because it is too soft. After the show he was like "that shit kills live man" Which it does.
    A little disapointed torche only got 30 minutes to play but they were still good.

As for me i'm headed to my parents house along the coast in South Carolina. Kind of between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. So it is just a drive across I20 and then some back roads that are really not fun to get to them. Not my kind of "fun ride through the south" BUT For new years we have a cabin up in the mountains of north Carolina. I'm looking forward to that drive. I love that area of the country.

Either way I'm looking forward to checking out earthless :)

I've never been to North Carolina, but if it's anything like the Tennessee that it's nothing short of beautiful. I'm not even from the South, but living there for the short amount of time definitely reserved a place in my heart for it. Have a safe trip and enjoy the psychadelic soundtrack! :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    I was able to check this album out today and it was pretty awesome. What a great album to drive too. They just don't stop jamming once they start!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I was able to check this album out today and it was pretty awesome. What a great album to drive too. They just don't stop jamming once they start!

My exact thoughts! They come out with a bang and it doesn't end until the album does. Again, I think these guys make for a great band.

I'm glad you enjoyed them! :D Must have been a good drive.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I took my son to Disneyland on Saturday, about an hour and half drive from San Diego.

He crashes hard in the car on the way home, so I put on Flower Travelin' Man (from their earlier Sonic Prayer album)

Great driving music, and suprisingly it didn't wake the boy up.

Another great thing about 2 20 minute jams per disc, is the download cost is cheap on amazon. $2.00 since it's 2 mp3's.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Prayer/dp/B ... 260&sr=8-3
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Earthless is webcasting live from the Casbah in San Diego tonight, Saturday October 17th. 7pm Pacific / 10pm ET. $15

https://www.stageit.com/earthless/earthless_live_from_the_casbah_in_san_diego/89287

“This gig will feature music that has never been played live before aside from maybe one time many, many years ago in our beginnings as a band”

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Nice!

I've been hitting the Earthless albums hard for the past week. They are incredible!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV