I was actually sort of excited about Ed's Grammy Nom., until...

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited December 2007 in The Porch
...I looked at the rest of the nominees and saw Daughtry and Nickleback on there multiple times.

I'm sorry, but any music "academy" that considers either of those bands worthy of any prize (aside from shittiest band of the milennium) is not worth a fleck of shit to me.

(On the plus side, it was nice to see The Arcade Fire, Wilco, and Bruce Springsteen nominated, along with Ed.)
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    The Grammys are a joke.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    All music is subjective. The Grammys can't just cater to a persons niche of so called 'respected' artists.

I'm not a fan of the Grammys, and certinally not Nickelback or Daughtry. But they've probably got fans just as excited that they got a Grammy nom like everoyne is here about Vedder getting one. So good for them, I say.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Flagg wrote:
    The Grammys are a joke.
    I thought that Public Enemy taught us that "911 is a Joke." :confused:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    where is this list of nominations?
  • tybird wrote:

No, this is what Public Enemy taught us...

Trick a chick in Miami
    Terminator X packs the jams
    Who gives a fuck about a Goddamn Grammy
    Anyway and I say the D's defending the mike
    Yeah, who gives a fuck about what they like right...
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • man....nickelback sucks
  • where is this list of nominations?

http://www.grammy.com/GRAMMY_Awards/50th_Show/list.aspx
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    I am dissappointed to see that the whole Into the wild soundtrack was not nominated for best movie soundtrack. I might get hammered on here but I think there are 5-6 better songs than guaranteed on Into the Wild.
  • I just, wish, that daughtry and nickelback would quit, i would be so much more content with this planet and life, if they did.

I dont even know y i hate them, but the more i hear a song by either, the more i want to beat the shit out of them.

WAIT i know y i hate daughtry, cause he was on american idol, and thinks hes god
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    HOLEY SMOLEY!.. looking at the looong list i came close to forgetting about what i was looking for...

Guaranteed (From Into The Wild)
    Eddie Vedder, songwriter (Eddie Vedder)
    Track from: Into The Wild
    [J Records; Publisher: Monkey Wrench]

the whole motion picture soundtrack should be listed..

gawd i hope this song wins!!!...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    muppet wrote:
    All music is subjective. The Grammys can't just cater to a persons niche of so called 'respected' artists.

I'm not a fan of the Grammys, and certinally not Nickelback or Daughtry. But they've probably got fans just as excited that they got a Grammy nom like everoyne is here about Vedder getting one. So good for them, I say.

Well put. 40 new records come out every Tuesday. Take the energy you waste on hating a band and try to find something you like!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Springsteen not getting the nod for Album of the Year is a joke. JOKE!!!
  • I am ashamed that I am from the same country Nickleback and Daughtry hail from. I'm ashamed and disgusted. Appalled. Horrified. Sickened. I want to slap the people of those bands. I want to scream at them, "You suck! People like you make me ashamed of the radio! QUIT, PLEASE QUIT!"
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • Mushmouth, you are write about Bruce being robbed. Magic is an outstanding album. Instead Amy Winehouse, the trainwreck, gets a nomination. And while I like the Foo Fighters, Bruce can write circles around them musically. Grammy's are not to be taken seriously.
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • here we go :rolleyes:
    "It's all happening"
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    at least rush got nominated. funny thing is though it's not even the best instrumental on the album.
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    double post... sorry
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."

i sure hope

Aesthetics Of Hate
    Machine Head
    Track from: The Blackening
    [Roadrunner Records]

wins in the Metal category though. :D best song from the best fucking metal album of the year!

hahahaha like it means anything... :rolleyes:
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."

evanescence in the hard rock category

ahahahahahah!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I am ashamed that I am from the same country Nickleback and Daughtry hail from. I'm ashamed and disgusted. Appalled. Horrified. Sickened. I want to slap the people of those bands. I want to scream at them, "You suck! People like you make me ashamed of the radio! QUIT, PLEASE QUIT!"

If you're not Canadian then you're only from the same country as Daughtry.

Still a shame though!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • so did the new robert plant/some lady cd come out too late to be nominated? i think it should.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    tybird wrote:

Clearly Chuck said it was a joke in "your town". That leaves the Grammys open to be a joke in everyone elses town. ;)
    Brian
  • I am dissappointed to see that the whole Into the wild soundtrack was not nominated for best movie soundtrack. I might get hammered on here but I think there are 5-6 better songs than guaranteed on Into the Wild.

There are 5 or 6 other great songs on there, to be sure. But nothing beats Guaranteed. Some days, when my mood is right, I'd put it up there with anything Ed has ever written.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do