Options

Sean Penn @ Coachella? (maybe Ed too?)

jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I'll start off by saying that the below information this is based off of comes from a newspaper, not the actual Coachella site, so, there could be a fake schedule going around (it's happened before) ... that said:

So, the actual schedule times were released for Coachella in a local So Cal news paper ... and there's a bit of a surprise ...

Sean Penn is on the schedule(???) ... twice ...

Gobi tent from 2:10 - 2:40

Main Stage from 6:45 - 7:00

Go here, click on the PDF for Sunday ...

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?NoCache=1&Dato=20080421&Kategori=EVENTS17&Lopenr=80421058&Ref=AR

If this is indeed true ..... you think Ed may come and sing a song?

Maybe he's back in Indio to shoe the shoeless??? :D
"You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=19164355&postID=1365073234486377317

"Charlie said...

"the Coachella line-up shows two Sunday performances by "Sean Penn," both of which are on Sunday. The first is in the small Gobi Tent from 2:10 to 2:40. The other is on the Main Coachella Stage from 6:45 to 7:00pm, immediately before My Morning Jacket.

"It is strongly rumored that "Sean Penn" is actually Eddie Vedder, who will be performing with both his good friend Sean Penn, as he did in Los Angeles, and his other good friends My Morning Jacket, as he did at last year's Lollapalooza......."
  • Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Sean Penn rocks my world.......that's all i have to say.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Yeap, those people have been needing some shoes for quiet some time. It's about time for Vedder to go back and shoe the shoeless! I actually got to meet with a couple at LA 1, who were at that infamous show. It was interesting to hear how shit went down first account.

It does sound like a possible scenario. I checked out Virginamerica and saw that there are plane tickets but I can't really justify about close to 500 bucks for just 45 minutes of Vedder goodness. I wish I could, but I can't....

you got an east coast tour to deal with.... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=19164355&postID=1365073234486377317

"Charlie said...

"the Coachella line-up shows two Sunday performances by "Sean Penn," both of which are on Sunday. The first is in the small Gobi Tent from 2:10 to 2:40. The other is on the Main Coachella Stage from 6:45 to 7:00pm, immediately before My Morning Jacket.

"It is strongly rumored that "Sean Penn" is actually Eddie Vedder, who will be performing with both his good friend Sean Penn, as he did in Los Angeles, and his other good friends My Morning Jacket, as he did at last year's Lollapalooza......."

Very interesting............and there are still tix available for JUST SUNDAY :D
    might be worth the drive.......it would be a bit of a reunion if it were true......the indio/shoe the shoeless show was my first PJ show!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    courtesy of rm...

From the Orange County Register's Music blog:

http://soundcheck.freedomblogging.com/

Coachella: Sean Penn scheduling explained
    April 23rd, 2008 by Ben Wener

Sean Penn, January 2008, courtesy of Associated Press See for yourself why Sean Penn (not Eddie Vedder, people, Sean Penn) is slated to appear twice on Sunday — at 2:10 in the Gobi (smallest) tent and at 6:45 on the main stage, between Gogol Bordello and My Morning Jacket. He’s launching an activist initiative wherein up to 300 Coachellans will, immediately after the fest, board bio-diesel buses (dubbed “The Dirty Hands Caravan”) and travel to the end of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival … all the while, along the way, stopping to work on building homes for the homeless, caring for the needy, doing the Oprah’s Big Give thing.

All of your food, water, transportation and campground accommodations will be paid for, in return for your services.

I know what you’re thinking: “Hey … he might need some star power to pitch that idea. You know, like …”

Dude, seriously. Stop with your wishful thinking.

But note this: “To offer inspiration, the caravan will stop at campgrounds where individuals will have the chance to hear from musicians, activists, artists, filmmakers and guest speakers who will offer ideas on how to stand up for what you believe in and then effectively implement those ideas.” No telling who that could include.

If you want in, you gotta fill out an application first. Buses leave Coachella at noon Monday, April 28. Be at at least 18 and able to be away from home and family for at least 10 days. Buses depart from New Orleans May 5 at midnight and return to L.A. by May 7.
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    courtesy of rm...

From the Orange County Register's Music blog:

http://soundcheck.freedomblogging.com/

Coachella: Sean Penn scheduling explained
    April 23rd, 2008 by Ben Wener

Sean Penn, January 2008, courtesy of Associated Press See for yourself why Sean Penn (not Eddie Vedder, people, Sean Penn) is slated to appear twice on Sunday — at 2:10 in the Gobi (smallest) tent and at 6:45 on the main stage, between Gogol Bordello and My Morning Jacket. He’s launching an activist initiative wherein up to 300 Coachellans will, immediately after the fest, board bio-diesel buses (dubbed “The Dirty Hands Caravan”) and travel to the end of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival … all the while, along the way, stopping to work on building homes for the homeless, caring for the needy, doing the Oprah’s Big Give thing.

All of your food, water, transportation and campground accommodations will be paid for, in return for your services.

I know what you’re thinking: “Hey … he might need some star power to pitch that idea. You know, like …”

Dude, seriously. Stop with your wishful thinking.

But note this: “To offer inspiration, the caravan will stop at campgrounds where individuals will have the chance to hear from musicians, activists, artists, filmmakers and guest speakers who will offer ideas on how to stand up for what you believe in and then effectively implement those ideas.” No telling who that could include.

If you want in, you gotta fill out an application first. Buses leave Coachella at noon Monday, April 28. Be at at least 18 and able to be away from home and family for at least 10 days. Buses depart from New Orleans May 5 at midnight and return to L.A. by May 7.

WOW!! Now that is something I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do! I wonder if I can?? Now I'm thinking............

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    WOW!! Now that is something I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do! I wonder if I can?? Now I'm thinking............

if you have the time...go for it!

just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were going to drive up...sounds like a good time either way
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    I'm calling my boss first thing in the morning...........see if I can escape for 2 weeks on such short notice. Wow, this could be really exciting :D

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    hope a timbit of the video get's aired on at&t webcast, cause there's time slot for the jam! :(

http://www.attblueroom.com/music/Coachella-Valley-Music-and-Arts-Festival/webcast-schedule.php?PHPSESSID=5a756528812518c4ca282e8cb08135ea
  • Options
    go to coachella.com for webcast, but it is AT and T and it looks like they are not covering Sean's. As far as rumor about Ed, I would think there is something to do with it, since Penn is on 15 minutes b4 "My Morning Jacket"

Oh yea, check it out, Prince is playing tonight. Quite the range.
    Sincerely,

BOOM's ORGAN
  • Options
    http://www.fm949sd.com

hit listen live-I know, duh, but they are broadcasting all 3 days.
    Sincerely,

BOOM's ORGAN
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Yeap, those people have been needing some shoes for quiet some time. It's about time for Vedder to go back and shoe the shoeless! I actually got to meet with a couple at LA 1, who were at that infamous show. It was interesting to hear how shit went down first account.

Me me me. I was there! That was a crazy show! :)

Damn. That would be VERY cool if Ed plays a surprise show!

Good luck you Coahella people!
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    I thought it was already explained why Sean Penn is there??

I mean, I guess Eddie could show up and play a song or two, but "Sean Penn" is not just an alias for Eddie Vedder.

JOIN "THE DIRTY HANDS CARAVAN"

A MOVEMENT DESIGNED TO

"INSPIRE INDIVIDUALS TO TAKE INDIVIDUAL ACTION"

The morning after the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, CA, a string of bio-diesel buses transporting up to 300 people will caravan 1800 miles in an effort designed to engage a new generation of activists. The Dirty Hands Caravan is the coming together of individuals who will be encouraged to get involved by building houses for the homeless, protesting the War in Iraq while supporting the needs of veterans and their families, caring for the sick or needy, cleaning up parks or neighborhoods across America, taking part in clean water initiatives for foreign lands or engaging in whatever way they feel compelled to help others. The caravan, which is the brainchild of Sean Penn, will make stops in numerous cities until it arrives at its final destination, New Orleans, where the spirit of Coachella will join the close of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. On Sunday, May 4th, members of The Dirty Hands Caravan will descend on New Orleans to help better the Big Easy through their good works.

Participants in the caravan will have their food, water, transportation and campground accommodations paid for in exchange for their service. As the bio-diesel buses make their way across U.S. cities, members of the caravan will be offered opportunities to volunteer on behalf of established local organizations. However, members of the caravan are free to choose whatever cause or do whatever good they feel inspired to do, whether it is officially organized or not. The goal of The Dirty Hands Caravan is to get people engaged and active in their world. Good works will be done, but the caravan's overall mission is to “encourage individuals to take individual actions.” To offer inspiration, the caravan will stop at campgrounds where individuals will have the chance to hear from musicians, activists, artists, filmmakers and guest speakers who will offer ideas on how to stand up for what you believe in and then effectively implement those ideas.

Those individuals seeking to join The Dirty Hands Caravan will need to fill out an application in advance. To request an application go to our temporary website http://thedirtyhandscaravan.ifanz.net. The official website http://www.thedirtyhandscaravan.com is coming soon. The buses will depart the Coachella Festival parking lot at Noon on Monday, April 28th. Participants must be at least 18 years of age and should plan on being away from their homes and families for at least ten days. Buses will depart New Orleans for the Coachella grounds at Midnight, May 5th and will return to Los Angeles by May 7th. Up to 300 people may be traveling on The Dirty Hands Caravan bio-diesel buses, but organizers hope many more will follow by any means they can, and encourage their friends and family to join them in New Orleans.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    Please, please stop talking about this.... the more people you tell about this show the less the chances are of me being able to score myself a ticket. I am still paying the scalpers (via my VISA bill) for my solo EV tickets. And, being that I can't resit the urge...will ultimately pay scalpers my remaining arm and leg for a ticket to this too.

that said... I would be the most overjoyed, armless, legless, broke camper at the "Sean Penn" show ever. :)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I thought it was already explained why Sean Penn is there??

I mean, I guess Eddie could show up and play a song or two, but "Sean Penn" is not just an alias for Eddie Vedder.

JOIN "THE DIRTY HANDS CARAVAN"

A MOVEMENT DESIGNED TO

"INSPIRE INDIVIDUALS TO TAKE INDIVIDUAL ACTION"

The morning after the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, CA, a string of bio-diesel buses transporting up to 300 people will caravan 1800 miles in an effort designed to engage a new generation of activists. The Dirty Hands Caravan is the coming together of individuals who will be encouraged to get involved by building houses for the homeless, protesting the War in Iraq while supporting the needs of veterans and their families, caring for the sick or needy, cleaning up parks or neighborhoods across America, taking part in clean water initiatives for foreign lands or engaging in whatever way they feel compelled to help others. The caravan, which is the brainchild of Sean Penn, will make stops in numerous cities until it arrives at its final destination, New Orleans, where the spirit of Coachella will join the close of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. On Sunday, May 4th, members of The Dirty Hands Caravan will descend on New Orleans to help better the Big Easy through their good works.

Participants in the caravan will have their food, water, transportation and campground accommodations paid for in exchange for their service. As the bio-diesel buses make their way across U.S. cities, members of the caravan will be offered opportunities to volunteer on behalf of established local organizations. However, members of the caravan are free to choose whatever cause or do whatever good they feel inspired to do, whether it is officially organized or not. The goal of The Dirty Hands Caravan is to get people engaged and active in their world. Good works will be done, but the caravan's overall mission is to “encourage individuals to take individual actions.” To offer inspiration, the caravan will stop at campgrounds where individuals will have the chance to hear from musicians, activists, artists, filmmakers and guest speakers who will offer ideas on how to stand up for what you believe in and then effectively implement those ideas.

Those individuals seeking to join The Dirty Hands Caravan will need to fill out an application in advance. To request an application go to our temporary website http://thedirtyhandscaravan.ifanz.net. The official website http://www.thedirtyhandscaravan.com is coming soon. The buses will depart the Coachella Festival parking lot at Noon on Monday, April 28th. Participants must be at least 18 years of age and should plan on being away from their homes and families for at least ten days. Buses will depart New Orleans for the Coachella grounds at Midnight, May 5th and will return to Los Angeles by May 7th. Up to 300 people may be traveling on The Dirty Hands Caravan bio-diesel buses, but organizers hope many more will follow by any means they can, and encourage their friends and family to join them in New Orleans.

This is an interesting idea isn't it? :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&