Options

Belfast Crew!

Comments

• Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,390
    I'm going to Belfast! Got a pair of 10c tickets yesterday, it was a bit mad! Took 23 minutes to finally get them, not as bad as it has been in the past.

The girlfriend and I want seated tickets ideally, but I got the 10c tix because neither of us can get to a computer tomorrow for the general sale.

So, anyone who was unlucky yesterday....would you be willing to try and get a pair of good lower tier seated tickets and then do a straight swap for my 10x tix? I'll make up the difference if they're more expensive.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Belfast hotel booked...... 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Where have you booked? I found a Travelodge near the arena that seems fairly cheap, but I need something fairly close to Belfast International Airport because that's where we'll be flying to.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    The Rock wrote:

Where have you booked? I found a Travelodge near the arena that seems fairly cheap, but I need something fairly close to Belfast International Airport because that's where we'll be flying to.

or to put it another way... how close is the venue to Belfast International...? got a flight out at 11:20 the following day and don't want to have to get up too early for a long trek to the airport, so ideally a hotel close to both would be nice... 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    The Rock wrote:

or to put it another way... how close is the venue to Belfast International...? got a flight out at 11:20 the following day and don't want to have to get up too early for a long trek to the airport, so ideally a hotel close to both would be nice... 8-)

^What he said :)
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    guys - for a closer airport to venue in belfast try the george best belfast city airport - only a couple of minutes up the road
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    belfast1 wrote:
    guys - for a closer airport to venue in belfast try the george best belfast city airport - only a couple of minutes up the road

tried suggesting to Aer Lingus that they change which airport they fly to Heathrow from but even mentioning Pearl Jam had no effect :roll: so Belfast International it is, I'm afraid... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:

Thats partly why I booked with BMI and not Aer lingus. Same price too!!!

Not leaving until 5.30pm so I get a nice lie in.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    belfast1 wrote:

tried suggesting to Aer Lingus that they change which airport they fly to Heathrow from but even mentioning Pearl Jam had no effect :roll: so Belfast International it is, I'm afraid... :D

I think I heard its 17miles or Km from city.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:

Thats partly why I booked with BMI and not Aer lingus. Same price too!!!

Not leaving until 5.30pm so I get a nice lie in.

I just had a look on BMI's website, it's super cheap!
  • Options
    Missed Ten Club tickets but I've booked my flight and hotel....I will be there!!! :D
  • Options
    Missed Ten Club tickets but I've booked my flight and hotel....I will be there!!! :D

That's the spirit! :)
    Booking flights and hotel as we speak!
  • Options
    Ok, I've booked flights but I'm trying to find the best hotel to stay it. We're flying to Belfast International, but we get there on the day of the show at 8am in the morning, so there's no rush to get anywhere. So really we'd rather have a hotel nearer to the venue so that we don't have to go far once we've checked in and showered/eaten etc before the show.

The cheapest seems to be Days Hotel, which is 12 miles from the airport but only 1.1 mile from the arena. It's £58 for a double room for the night.

Has anyone found anything cheaper?
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I'm in...
    Really looking forward to it, I booked my hotel today, it's a Premier Inn. Only cost £39 for the night. I spoke to the arena and they said it's not that far away (under 1 mile) and is on routes for the airport etc :mrgreen:
    Going to book my flight later, there seems to be plenty about at the minute.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    I'm in...
    Really looking forward to it, I booked my hotel today, it's a Premier Inn. Only cost £39 for the night. I spoke to the arena and they said it's not that far away (under 1 mile) and is on routes for the airport etc :mrgreen:

Your post made me check out Premier Inn, and I got a double room for £40! You're a star!
  • Options
    First time ever going to Northern Ireland! My excuse is that I'm from Cork... ;) Its a long way away ya know! :lol:
    Crowd: "UUUUUKKK!"
    Eddie: "I see you've acknowledged the Ukulele"
    Crowd: "UUUUUUUUKKKKK!!!"
    Eddie: "Too bad this is a mandolin you uncultured bastards"
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    First time ever going to Northern Ireland! My excuse is that I'm from Cork... ;) Its a long way away ya know! :lol:

I got confused there.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i'll be there!

this is my first trip to ireland/northern ireland. i had already planned a vacation there for june and now these dates are working out perfectly!

yippee!!
  • Options
    :lol::lol: what is cork????
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,239

A great city (and county for that matter) pretty much as far south from Dublin as you can go without getting your feet wet!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

A great city (and county for that matter) pretty much as far south from Dublin as you can go without getting your feet wet!
    funny name...
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    funny name...

is it??

well cork is abit nuts..... you gotta love it tho, pearl jam played here before too
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Im there :D
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    There is a bus that goes from the Europa hotel bus station to Belfast International every 30 minutes (or maybe every 20 minutes - not sure). Takes about half an hour...
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    The Rock wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I'm in...

Your post made me check out Premier Inn, and I got a double room for £40! You're a star!

Cool, glad to have helped!
    At least I know I will not be the only Pearl Jam fan there that night!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    alesek wrote:
    any idea how the Odyssea standing area will be organized? Can we expect at least being it separated into 2 zones?

More than likely it will be just one zone, and a very large zone at that. The arena is an Ice Hockey pitch with the stage on one of the goal ends. The entire pitch is standing, the seating is tiered all around. http://www.stadiumdb.com/images/stadium ... -arena.jpg
    The gigs I have worked there or seen there have never had a second section closer to the stage. Although thats never certain to not happen at a Pearl Jam gig.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    Got my tickets!
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Need help - bought Belfast seated - STHL, row B, seats 83-82. WHERE exactly is that? Anyone pls? tks vm
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Got my tickets. Locals, tell me good cheap places to say. I've never made the trip up.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    I got some 10c tickets for this. Think I am flying from East Midlands, only takes an hour. Would also love some hotel/area recommendations!
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.