Options

Belfast Crew!

Comments

• Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,392
    mateymate wrote:
    I got some 10c tickets for this. Think I am flying from East Midlands, only takes an hour. Would also love some hotel/area recommendations!

I just booked the Premier Inn, £40 for a double room for the night and it's only 1 mile from the arena. There are two Premier Inns but they're both basically the same distance to the arena so either would be good. Seems to be cheaper than most other places too.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    FredSFredS Posts: 20
    Got my ticket this morning. I'm IN.
    Caught a bolt of lightening, cursed the day he let it go.
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    well I'm in too... 10C pair!

see you all in Belfast... after Dublin!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    The Rock wrote:
    mateymate wrote:
    I got some 10c tickets for this. Think I am flying from East Midlands, only takes an hour. Would also love some hotel/area recommendations!

I just booked the Premier Inn, £40 for a double room for the night and it's only 1 mile from the arena. There are two Premier Inns but they're both basically the same distance to the arena so either would be good. Seems to be cheaper than most other places too.

nice one for the premier inn tip, ive just booked the very same myself, thank you!! £40 bargain!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    See all you fine people there!!!
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    i'm going too. flying from inverness - birmingham - belfast... its a bitch, but as long as i get there somehow.
    my mate also booked the premier inn. hope the bar afterwards opens longer than the travel lodge next to the O2 did..lol
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Heading up to Belfast with two seated tickets - would like to swap for standing if anyone is interested. My tickets are not 10c.
    Thanks
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    Im going to belfast with a friend. We're coming from Denmark!
  • Options
    The Rock wrote:
    mateymate wrote:

nice one for the premier inn tip, ive just booked the very same myself, thank you!! £40 bargain!

Bargain indeed! It's just a pity that it's 12 miles from the airport. Still, I guess that's only half an hour by taxi.
  • Options
    I'm in! :D
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    which airport are you talking about..international or belfast city.... because i'm flying into the belfast city airport, and by looking at the google map, it looks quite close to the arena.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    The Rock wrote:
    mateymate wrote:

I also booked into the one that is £40. The other is now £50.

Thanks for the tip
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Looks like the Premier Inn isn't going to know what's hit them! :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited December 2009
    The Rock wrote:
    The Rock wrote:

Bargain indeed! It's just a pity that it's 12 miles from the airport. Still, I guess that's only half an hour by taxi.

If theres a few going in a taxi would probably be cheaper than the bus but have checked and the bus (£7) goes from the Europa Bus Centre (less than a mile from the Premier Inn I'm booked into) every 15 minutes to Belfast International and takes 30-40 minutes

EDIT: Oops :oops: sorry Jaymac see you've already passed this information on earlier.
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:

If theres a few going in a taxi would probably be cheaper than the bus but have checked and the bus goes from the Europa Bus Centre (less than a mile from the Premier Inn I'm booked into) every 15 minutes to Belfast International and takes 30-40 minutes

Good to know, thanks.
  • Options
    Add me to the list, i'll be there 10 club.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • Options
    I'm going too! And it is their first ever Belfast show. After all these years of playing Dublin and even Cork! It will be my first ever Irish show and second time to see them.

Saw them at the O2 in London in August.

Very excited about this gig now! :D
  • Options
    First time ever going to Northern Ireland! My excuse is that I'm from Cork... ;) Its a long way away ya know! :lol:
    :lol::lol: what is cork????

Its only the best city in Ireland! The real capital as we like to call it ;)
    Crowd: "UUUUUKKK!"
    Eddie: "I see you've acknowledged the Ukulele"
    Crowd: "UUUUUUUUKKKKK!!!"
    Eddie: "Too bad this is a mandolin you uncultured bastards"
  • Options
    can anybody recommend a good hostel or cheap hotel for belfast?

New hotel in Belfast, Ibis just opened, one in city centre and one near Queens. Early rates £49 per night at the moment.
  • Options
    alesek wrote:
    any idea how the Odyssea standing area will be organized? Can we expect at least being it separated into 2 zones?

Ticketmaster's website has standing area down as part standing, part sitting! :o
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    OK, quick 'survey' ;) have folks been booking Premier Inn on Alfred Street or Waring Street ? one's currently 40 quid and one's 50 quid but i don't want to end up in the one that no other PJ fans are in...! :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    you can add me!

thank god for redundancy cash sat in the bank at christmas and then tour dates announced! Sweeeet :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    OK, quick 'survey' ;) have folks been booking Premier Inn on Alfred Street or Waring Street ? one's currently 40 quid and one's 50 quid but i don't want to end up in the one that no other PJ fans are in...! :D

Not sure which one is what price but the Waring Street one is probably the closest to the Odyssey, it is just within walking distance.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    jrd wrote:

gone and booked anyway, the 10 quid saving won out so i booked the Waring Street one! seems to be closer to the venue anyway...

now for the tricky part of breaking the news to 'er indoors... think i can shoul leave that until some time after Christmas... :o :oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    First time ever going to Northern Ireland! My excuse is that I'm from Cork... ;) Its a long way away ya know! :lol:

And that's why nobody likes you ;)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214

:lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

+1

:lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Flights hotels etc all booked for the Irish leg! :D :geek:

This all seems to be happening so... fast...

:mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214

sound great to me,ireland-uk all set ,score Arras tix,tomorrow the belgium festivall,,looking for hotels.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

nvm, answered in other thread!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!