Options

Mansfield, MA, USA residents

mrmojorisincamrmojorisinca Posts: 173
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Can someone recommend a good area near (within a couple hours drive) Mansfield to rent a cottage, something near the water? nothing expensive either :)
FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
    Mansfield isn't near the water friend-o
    jeter drinks wine coolers
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    newport RI isnt too far
    there are places in westen MA where there are mountains (and lakes)
    and if those dont work there are the trainler parks close to the venue
    peace
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    dr teeth wrote:
    Mansfield isn't near the water friend-o

what he said. the cape's nice, within very reasonable driving distance, although im not sure what the going rate for cottages down there these days are......i'd check that out tho if u wanna be close to the ocean.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    yes I realize it's not, but I'm willing to drive a couple hours to get to the water.
  • Options
    stillalivejlpstillalivejlp Massachusetts Posts: 76
    I don't live in Mansfield, but I live in MA. I think you will be very hard-pressed to find a cottage rental that week, considering 4th of July is only a few days after the Mansfield show. I highly doubt there would be any open rentals on the Cape. Maybe try coastal RI, like Narragansett. But, again, that week is peak rental season. Good luck.
    Dante: "You hate people!"
    Randal: "But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?"
  • Options
    whoYOUare wrote:
    newport RI isnt too far
    there are places in westen MA where there are mountains (and lakes)
    and if those dont work there are the trainler parks close to the venue
    thanks..

any particular places in Westen MA?
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Can someone recommend a good area near (within a couple hours drive) Mansfield to rent a cottage, something near the water? nothing expensive either :)

Cape Cod (the bridges) is less than an hour away. Anywhere from Hyannis to Mansfield is a reasonable distance. I drove from P-town to Foxboro for a Patriots game and it wasn't too bad. I would look for somewhere on the Cape and if I didn't want to drive too far I would pick Falmouth and just drive right over the Bourne.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    thanks all for the suggestions..much appricated!!!
  • Options
    pjsteadipjsteadi Posts: 27
    go north, it will be cheaper and around the same distance. NH or Maine. The cape can be pricey in that season
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    thanks..

any particular places in Westen MA?

not too sure what would be best. great barrington and north eggermont have some kool camp grounds, but i'm not too sure how far they are from mansfield. i'd suggest a google search and look at places in various towns around there
    peace
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,245
    If you do the week before (6/21-6/28, rentals run Saturday to Saturday), you can get a decent deal on Cape Cod as it will be just as school is finishing and not super busy. Then stay in a hotel near Mansfield for a couple of days.
    The show is on Monday, the week for a rental would be Sat 6/28-7/5...a very busy week as its 4th of july week, and probably the most expensive week to rent.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    pjsteadi wrote:
    go north, it will be cheaper and around the same distance. NH or Maine. The cape can be pricey in that season

Second that.

You have to be a pretty well-off motherfucker to get a cottage on cape during the summer.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    You might also want to check out Plymouth