Options

I Could Have Met Eddie Last Night!!!:(

puertopacopuertopaco Posts: 46
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Okay I texted all my Pearl Jam friends and then some today, but this story was way too long to explain over text. So I told them I'd post it, so here it goes.

I work at a nice steakhouse in the city(I am vegetarian btw:) near Union Square. I have almost no senority here seeing as I started a little over 2 months ago. This means I ALWAYS work Sunday nights. However, for the first time EVER since I have started working here, my boss calls me and asks me if I want the night off because I had been called in the night before cause some schmuck called off. Long story short, I get my Sunday night off.

Lo and behold, I come in for my shift tonight, and the bartender and manager both tell me about how they met Ed last night. NOT at the restaurant. AT A FRIEND OF HIS APARTMENT when they were delivering food. So we don't deliver, but we DO have a very few(and I mean VERY few) select guests(like 5 or so) who live right around the corner who we WILL deliver to cause they spend ridonkulous money and leave sick tips. This one guy, regular, ultra-cool, came into the restaurant, and was making his order for us to deliver and starts talking how he's got Ed up in his apartment. So the bartender delivers the food to them, and it's Ed, this one guy, and 2 other guys, THAT'S IT! They invite him in for a glass of wine(which I would have declined because I don't drink, whatever who cares!) He gets to hang with them for 10-15 minutes and shoot the shit and come back. THEN, they order deserts from us, and one of our managers delivers THOSE and ALSO gets to meet him.

Now you may be wondering, would I have got to meet him and made the deliveries had I worked? Yes I would have because I asked my manager and bartender when I came in today, after they told me this story, that if I would have given them 100 bucks to let me make the delivery and watch my tables, would they have let me do it(at this point everyone of the workers knew Eddie was up there), and of course they said 'Yeah sure.' AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I still believe, as I always have, that before I die, I will meet Ed. Funny story though huh? No confirmation on whether or not Eddie actually ate any of the steaks(I always thought he was vegetarian)
06/27/98-E.Troy, WI 06/29/98-Chi, IL
10/08/00-E.Troy, WI 10/09/00-IL 10/01/05-A.C., NJ 10/03/05-Phil., PA
*05/05/06-Irving Plaza, NY, NY*
05/12/06-Albany, NY 05/30/06-DC
06/01/06-NJ 06/03/06-NJ 08/05/07-IL 06/19/08-NJ
06/20/08-NJ 06/24/08-NY, NY 06/25/08-NY, NY 06/30/08-Mansfield, MA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    What a heartbreak. I feel for this story. Ugh... maybe there will be a next time. Better hope the food was good!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Whats the name of the steakhouse...?
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    release30 wrote: