Options

10C charges before shipping?

JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Is this normal policy to charge before shipping? Any other online vendor charges once product has shipped,however I was charged the day the order was placed on 7-1-08 for my 13 boots and they haven't even e-mailed me and I didn't expect it to even ship for another week or so. I have only ordered one other time and it was for clothing, so is this a bootleg thing since they were made to order?
Seems the more you make
equals the loneliness you get
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    don't worry, it's fine. They usually charge you early on, but as long as it's in your profile and everything, you're good to go.
  • Options
    BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    A lot of online retailers charge you when the order is processed, not when its shipped.

It just happens that this order is processed a while before it is shipped so the difference is more obvious.
  • Options
    no vendor will charge AFTER they ship, because then if your payment info doesn't check out, they are SOL. Most charge when the order is placed.

And 10c has never done wrong by me in the 12 years I've been a member, so don't sweat it.

peace
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
    I'm not too worried just suprised to see the charge today on my cc statement,I'm just used to amazon and such. Recieved some dvd's from them today yet the charge is still pending but the box is sitting on my doorstep.
    I don't expect my boots for at least another week or two.
    Seems the more you make
    equals the loneliness you get
  • Options
    LSYNERGYSLSYNERGYS Posts: 3
    JPS79 wrote:
    I'm not too worried just suprised to see the charge today on my cc statement,I'm just used to amazon and such. Recieved some dvd's from them today yet the charge is still pending but the box is sitting on my doorstep.
    I don't expect my boots for at least another week or two.

It does not matter. You went to pearljam.com and submitted an order for goods. Back in 2003 orders were billed by sony as soon as orders were submitted even though sony/epic did not ship the bootlegs until shows were played, mixed, produced into CD form, and mailed.

Some online stores say they'll charge you when the item ships, but pearljam.com does not have that policy. Amazon is a bad example as well. They wait pretty much until the day the item ships to charge a customer most online stores will charge you once the order is submitted.

In addition, Pearl Jam sends order fulfillment to Kufala, which is who actually makes the CD bootlegs so Pearl Jam has their costs for order fulfillment to cover even before CD's are shipped.
    I have wished for so long. How I wish for you today.
  • Options
    The shipping is free in the US anyway.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)