Options

...So how have the politics been so far this tour??

binauralonthecapebinauralonthecape Posts: 257
edited June 2008 in The Porch
has ed been speaking out alot so far??
8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    Yeah, beer prices are outrageous and it's all Bush's fault
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    WPB and Tampa - mostly just the "vote" commands.

Columbia - made fun of Bush (called him a cock) and talked about Republican ignorance.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Not much was said politically thus far
  • Options
    dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    There was a bit of it at Camden I, right before Ed sang "No More." Other than that--and the $12 beer comments--it was relatively politics-free.
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    A little in Columbia about the war, his friend who came back from Iraq injured, etc. Met with a few boos but it coulda been worse.
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    multiple rants at Bonnaroo
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    Yeah, beer prices are outrageous and it's all Bush's fault

Apparently Beer has topped $100/barrel. Hahaha.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    multiple rants at Bonnaroo

define "rant." Because I don't consider telling someone to "vote" or "help change the world" to be a rant.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Apparently Beer has topped $100/barrel. Hahaha.

that was funny stuff. I also liked when Ed read that concert preview that called PJ's audience A Bros and Hoes Hackysack Convention (or something like that).
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    that was funny stuff. I also liked when Ed read that concert preview that called PJ's audience A Bros and Hoes Hackysack Convention (or something like that).

Before people that weren't there get upset, the guy was referring to the tailgating crowd, not the PJ crowd in general. And Ed did apologize for the Hackysack comment. Hahaha.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Ranting? You've got to be kidding me. I've been to all seven shows and I'll be hitting the next seven as well. I've heard him speak with a heart heavy because of the condition of his friend , Tomas Young . I've heard a man speak facts, I'm talking about his news blurbs about the rising fuel prices and prices in 2001 v. prices now. Last, I've heard a man deeply frustrated by what he sees as a critical issue, the Iraq war, being shuffled into the background. I've heard him speak with passion, but I've never heard him RANT.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Rant
    noun
    1. a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion

the change the world "talk" fits in this category
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    WPB and Tampa - mostly just the "vote" commands.

Columbia - made fun of Bush (called him a cock) and talked about Republican ignorance.

when he mentioned politics in Tampa he got booed
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    pjalive21 wrote:
    when he mentioned politics in Tampa he got booed

I didn't boo, but I don't want to hear about Barack being the answer, because he isn't.
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    Blind3 wrote:
    Ranting? You've got to be kidding me. I've been to all seven shows and I'll be hitting the next seven as well. I've heard him speak with a heart heavy because of the condition of his friend , Tomas Young . I've heard a man speak facts, I'm talking about his news blurbs about the rising fuel prices and prices in 2001 v. prices now. Last, I've heard a man deeply frustrated by what he sees as a critical issue, the Iraq war, being shuffled into the background. I've heard him speak with passion, but I've never heard him RANT.

First mistake, dont try to talk sense on this subject; the truth is unpatriotic. ;)
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    and some people wonder why they dont play the south or midwest a ton. ed shouldnt get booed he's got the right to free speech just like anyone else. in fact why dont you boo him some more...i love these east coast shows!
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    Rant
    noun
    1. a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion

the change the world "talk" fits in this category

I suppose. But the word "rant" has a more negative connotation than that. As in "rant and rave."
    1. (v) to speak or declaim extravagantly or violently; talk in a wild or vehement way; rave: The demagogue ranted for hours.

The Quarter Rant was a rant.

What I've heard from this tour, not so much. Granted, I haven't heard everything, and don't want to pretend like I have.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I didn't boo, but I don't want to hear about Barack being the answer, because he isn't.
    Indeed.

I like it when EV talks politics and making change and stuff, but when you bring Barack into it, no thanks. I won't boo, but I certainly won't cheer.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,272
    Whether u like Obama or not, u gotta admit he is someone who has made his ways up the ranks....On his own

Seriously if Bush wasn't a Bush he'd probably be joining alot people in the Camden parking lots gettin shitfaced with his Bro Neil, asking if anyone has any blow and a bottle of Jack.He seems like this whole being a responsible president gig is just to overwhelming for him..he's a chill guy. he just has no balls when it comes to corporations and that evil bastard Cheney.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Whether u like Obama or not, u gotta admit he is someone who has made his ways up the ranks....On his own

Or on the back of the Chicago political machine ...
  • Options
    Or on the back of the Chicago political machine ...

People thought the Clintons were unstopable, now thats a political machine.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    oh certainly. That's why he's never had to throw garbage speeches at political lobbyist groups like AIPAC...
  • Options
    _outlaw wrote:
    oh certainly. That's why he's never had to throw garbage speeches at political lobbyist groups like AIPAC...

I'm just talking about whats in the politcal realm of the times we live in.It is the less of 2 evils, at this point thats all we got

Otherwise we would give people like Paul and Kucinich a closer look

I know Kucinich seems like a wimp...he's real bright if u ignore his giant wife and his ears
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I know Kucinich seems like a wimp...he's real bright if u ignore his giant wife and his ears

True dat.
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.
  • Options
    _outlaw wrote:

:D

Fighting the good fight even on the Porch, I see!

And Obama doesn't take money from corporations just small donations from the people!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=288708
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I'm just talking about whats in the politcal realm of the times we live in.It is the less of 2 evils, at this point thats all we got

Otherwise we would give people like Paul and Kucinich a closer look

Change the way the 'times' are then by not voting for someone you have to refer to as 'less evil'....that's really saying something about the amount of accountability we have and hold our democratically elected gov't to.....it's like saying....yes, it's our choice but we are all choosing to stick with and remain content with 'less evil' and ostracize those that could be 'good' or maybe even *gasp* 'Great'. :eek:
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    :D

Fighting the good fight even on the Porch, I see!

And Obama doesn't take money from corporations just small donations from the people!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=288708

or for that and even more and improved
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=3927316

he's all we got b/c that's wall we accept and support
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    he was veryy political at Roo. 3 different little rants: one anti-Bush, one demanding we vote, and one anti-war. they didnt bug me except for the one that took me out of Porch. too long.

i think he through Obama into Watchtower.