Options

EU boots in the Swedish mailbox.

WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Got the EU boots in my mail today here in Sweden, thanks Kufala for the fast shipment.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
-95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
-00, Stockholm
-07, Copenhagen
-09, Berlin
-10, Berlin
-11, East Troy 1+2
-12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
-13, London, Chicago
-14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
-16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
-17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
-18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
-19, EV Brussels

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yet again the british postal office can fuck up the simplest of things..nooo im not bitter..ive got shit :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Congrats to Sweden and my deepest regrets for the UK! I am still hoping that the Austrian Post Office does it better!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    i think sloth mail is better then the uk postal service

...but i am pretty sure you will get them THIS week! :!:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    nice. Waiting for my Berlin boot here in Upplands-Väsby. Hopefully it shows up this week :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Just got my Berlin boot in Prague! Thank you, Kufala!
  • Options
    Have the Berlin Boot in my iPOD right now, what a GREAT sound. Closed my eyes and YES Im back in BERLIN.

:thumbup:
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    They have arrived in Holland too today!! Wow that was fast....AGAIN!!

Thanks Kufala!!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    so,Greece,Sweden,Chech.Netherlands Germany...we are a happy continent or what??so sorry for my friends in UK
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    No dlivery in Ireland yet. Maybe tomorrow!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    PakaPaka Posts: 471
    quick question to the lucky ones that got the boots today:

did you guys have to pay duty for them?
    I actually ordered all five EU-boots together last wednesday and the swiss post tried to deliver it today but no one was home so they left a note in my mailbox so I can pick it up at the office. unfortunately it says on the note that I would have to pay an amount of 26 swiss francs (around 27 usd, 20 euros) to get the package. I assume that's the duty bs. it's kinda strange to me since i read in another thread that people from germany didn't have to pay anything...
  • Options
    Paka wrote:

I actually ordered all five EU-boots together last wednesday and the swiss post tried to deliver it today but no one was home so they left a note in my mailbox so I can pick it up at the office. unfortunately it says on the note that I would have to pay an amount of 26 swiss francs (around 27 usd, 20 euros) to get the package. I assume that's the duty bs. it's kinda strange to me since i read in another thread that people from germany didn't have to pay anything...
    no taxis here,,i suppose your country have different lows with usa than the eu countrys
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    so,Greece,Sweden,Chech.Netherlands Germany...we are a happy continent or what??so sorry for my friends in UK

Very happy :D Kufala ships really fast!

Is there a postal strike in the U.K. or something?
    Dottles mentioned a possible strike about a month ago...
  • Options
    Paka wrote:

No duty in Holland either....

Last time I ordered 10 cd´s at once and the actual value was listed on the package...in very small print though
    so maybe they overlooked ;)
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Nothing here, double checked when I got home :( :( Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
    The strikes have been running for the last few weeks, but were cancelled last week. It does mean there is a backlog for them to get through, but I am sure the Boots will arrive soon :D
    (Mind you, I live in the very tip of the country, so things often take a bit longer to get to me rather than to the cities).

Not sure on the duty, I forgot to order them individually as I was meant to do to avoid it!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Nothing here, double checked when I got home :( :( Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
    The strikes have been running for the last few weeks, but were cancelled last week. It does mean there is a backlog for them to get through, but I am sure the Boots will arrive soon :D
    (Mind you, I live in the very tip of the country, so things often take a bit longer to get to me rather than to the cities).

Not sure on the duty, I forgot to order them individually as I was meant to do to avoid it!

I´m sure it won´t take too long now!
    Fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    Paka wrote:

In Swedish you have to pay tax for things outside EU at a value above $50-60.

But you can order the Boots one at a time, its the same shipping coust; 1 Cd $4,50, 2 Cds $9, 3 Cds $13.5.
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Paka wrote:

Last time I ordered 10 cd´s at once and the actual value was listed on the package...in very small print though
    the thing is tha our friend Paka is from Serbia,so no european country,they have different tax laws for packages from Usa
  • Options
    Paka wrote:

In Swedish you have to pay tax for things outside EU at a value above $50-60.

But you can order the Boots one at a time, its the same shipping coust; 1 Cd $4,50, 2 Cds $9, 3 Cds $13.5.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 438
    dottles wrote:

Nothing here either yet. Although going on the Backspacer delivery, I already know that the Redruth postal service is about a week behind Falmouth! ...Let me know Dottles when yours arrives, so I know when to expect mine! :D
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Paka wrote:

the thing is tha our friend Paka is from Serbia,so no european country,they have different tax laws for packages from Usa

Serbia is indeed a European country, but not a member of the European Union, I believe we all have to pay tax for stuff from USA ,its all a question of how careful the postal service/customs are - I think :) I've payed tax/duty for less than half of the packages from 10C (with a value over 50 USD )
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    Staffan wrote:

Serbia is indeed a European country, but not a member of the European Union, I believe we all have to pay tax for stuff from USA ,its all a question of how careful the postal service/customs are - I think :) I've payed tax/duty for less than half of the packages from 10C (with a value over 50 USD )
    forgot to put the word union..i have order more than 50 times but never pay extra exept the ten deluxe box
    couse was via ups that they are thieves.
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Staffan wrote:

forgot to put the word union..i have order more than 50 times but never pay extra exept the ten deluxe box
    couse was via ups that they are thieves.

different countries have different rules in regards to taxes and duties involved.......
    ......and I wouldn't call UPS thieves....... ;)
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    CornishMan wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Nothing here either yet. Although going on the Backspacer delivery, I already know that the Redruth postal service is about a week behind Falmouth! ...Let me know Dottles when yours arrives, so I know when to expect mine! :D

:lol::lol: will do, I think it may have something to do with the Xmas tip/bonus my family give the postman, we seem to get our stuff through pretty quickly and not damaged. There is always the customs risk that could be holding them up...I'm hoping not though!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Staffan wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Paka is the son of serbian immigrants from banja luka.
    Paka grew up and is living in beautiful switzerland.
    Paka doesn't like the fact that he was so stupid to order all EU bootlegs together.
    Paka went to the post office to get the package and to ask the post dude why that Paka has to pay 20 Euros duty.
    Paka learnt that the reason for the duties isn't a EU- or not EU-question but a question of how strict the controls are at the border.
    Paka is almost certain that if he lived in banja luka or the EU (except other strict countries like Sweden), he wouldn't have had to pay the duties.
    Paka doesn't care anymore coz he learnt a lesson and more importantly Paka has the EU-Boots!
    Paka says hello to all of you.
    Paka is very hungry and hence off for dinner.
  • Options
    Paka wrote:

Paka is the son of serbian immigrants from banja luka.
    Paka grew up and is living in beautiful switzerland.
    Paka doesn't like the fact that he was so stupid to order all EU bootlegs together.
    Paka went to the post office to get the package and to ask the post dude why that Paka has to pay 20 Euros duty.
    Paka learnt that the reason for the duties isn't a EU- or not EU-question but a question of how strict the controls are at the border.
    Paka is almost certain that if he lived in banja luka or the EU (except other strict countries like Sweden), he wouldn't have had to pay the duties.
    Paka doesn't care anymore coz he learnt a lesson and more importantly Paka has the EU-Boots!
    Paka says hello to all of you.
    Paka is very hungry and hence off for dinner.
    Paka i love u and i dont care of anything uiwrote,,be a pj fan is good enough reason ;)
  • Options
    S'ayapo (?) too my friend!

Calimero...we shared some of the most beautiful moments of our lives together and I'm really happy...really really happy..and maybe you think that it might be a bit too early for this but I can not hold it any longer..so.i just have to ask you....do......uhm...ehh.....d.do you...hmmm.....hihi.....damn.....do..do you...do you wanna stand beside me at the next gig in Europe??! :oops:
    I'm afraid I wont be able to buy rings though...but I can put you the wristband on if you'd like? that's all i can offer you.. and i can write you the 10C-queue-number on your hand..

what do you think? :lol:;)
  • Options
    Paka wrote:
    S'ayapo (?) too my friend!

Calimero...we shared some of the most beautiful moments of our lives together and I'm really happy...really really happy..and maybe you think that it might be a bit too early for this but I can not hold it any longer..so.i just have to ask you....do......uhm...ehh.....d.do you...hmmm.....hihi.....damn.....do..do you...do you wanna stand beside me at the next gig in Europe??! :oops:
    I'm afraid I wont be able to buy rings though...but I can put you the wristband on if you'd like? that's all i can offer you.. and i can write you the 10C-queue-number on your hand..

what do you think? :lol:;)
    i do.... :lol::lol::lol: