Leaving 10c membership

Comments

• G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Toodaloo.
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    albertgt wrote:
    I'm dissapointed that my membership number dropped from 198000's to the 412000's, I believe I had a few months lapse once a long time ago. But I have been a member since 2000 so I feel like that was a crappy way to treat members.

I can get better seats off stubhub and friends with tickets to special shows. I saw them at lollapalooza 2008 and that was every fan for himself, so i got a way better spot there than having to suffer through 10c tickets. I got to see them at the beacon theater with a friend who had tickets, and that was also a lot easier and less betraying than letting 10c shaft me up the buns.

Now that I can get new album releases including the hard bound packaging and the vinyls from Independent record stores and Target, I have no need to pre-order them through 10c's goods store and suffer from late shipments, incorrect shipments, and missing items (yes i've had all 3 problems happen to me)

My renewal is coming up this month. I know this doesn't reflect the band, it reflects the dissapointing policies and slow overhead of 10c. Yah i know, i won't get the xmas vinyls or the newsletter. But so what - I enjoy hearing them at the concerts, that's what matters.

Yah this is a rant, but I gotta say something, if something's wrong, I'm not gonna hide it.

Bye people. Long live pearl jam. :|

Once again someone messes up and they just can't take responsibility. They need to blame someone else. Someone call a waaaambulance!!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlzPFm44Wac

we dont need your kind here anyways.

10c IS GREAT. they do us a service most if not any other band does for their fans.

simple put goodbye
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    How long do you expect them to hold your number so you can renew? There is already a pretty generous grace period. You can't expect them to hold your hand, it is your responsibility to renew.
    I had to suffer the same loss due to inablity to maintain dues oh well I'm just freaking happy to be back, so sorry to see ya go but bye..
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    TipJammer wrote:
    Toodaloo.
    :wave: :wave: Do you need a hug? When I see you in the Will Call line at your next show, I'll give you that hug...until then, quit crying about your inability to remember important deadlines!! :wave: :wave:
    You'll be back :wave:

(PS) Hey TipJammer!! How are you, "Mr. I'm The Luckiest Man on Earth"???
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    edited October 2009
    i joined 10c in 1998, then forgot to renew it in 2004, and now my number is garbage.

thank you for making me a little closer to my 1998 #.
    Post edited by rival. on
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    You know how I am. Still super stoked.

Just realizing how this has been hands down the best year of my life. So much has happened this year. I need to set some higher goals next year and definitely attend more PJ shows. : )

Great to see you in SD. So great.

Really hoping Hawaii is next spring.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    albertgt wrote:
    I'm dissapointed that my membership number dropped from 198000's to the 412000's, I believe I had a few months lapse once a long time ago. But I have been a member since 2000 so I feel like that was a crappy way to treat members.

you let your membership lapse and you're mad at the 10 club for it? :roll:
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • I for one am joining you. To all you lemmings I've gotten shitty seats from 10c and service. I had tickets with partial view. Keep drinking the koolaid. Service at 10c is subpar. We get a late single and a website that crashes when we buy tickets. Have fun suckers!
    :idea:
    >
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    joe2468 wrote:
    MEMBERSHIP INFO
    Your membership is current. Your membership will expire on Nov 1, 2014

Your member number is ..

there is always a way to keep your membership number :D

dont know if your joking....but does you mem really expire in 2014 ????? nd how in gods name did you do that
    by paying 25$ x 4 years= 100$=2014..

Thanks for the tip...I'm in!
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    jimed14 wrote:
    Gaylord.Nelson.waves.byebye.jpg

This is F*#king Hilarious! :lol:
  • Thanks for remimding me i need to renew ;)
    I have a number like yours and had awesome floor seats in seattle 1 and you can always sneak up closer in the pit, and dont forget about the lottery :)
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Hey I joined in 1994. I bet I had a pretty good # too. While I was in college I forgot to renew. Once I graduated and my brain got back to normal; I rejoined. So be it, it happens.

Hey just think you can now go join the Creed Fan Club!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    i farted
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I have always received exemplary service from the small staff that runs the 10c! My number is 124xxx, so unfortunately you quitting will not move me any closer.

I love how you are mad at the 10c because you forgot to renew your membership within the stated 90 day grace period. That's rich! :lol::lol::lol:

Oh well, later dudes. 8-)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    albertgt wrote:

I can get better seats off stubhub and friends with tickets to special shows. I saw them at lollapalooza 2008 and that was every fan for himself, so i got a way better spot there than having to suffer through 10c tickets. I got to see them at the beacon theater with a friend who had tickets, and that was also a lot easier and less betraying than letting 10c shaft me up the buns.
    Wow, you must have got some really special non-10C tickets to Lollapalooza in 2008. I don't think anybody else in the entire festival even knew they were there! 10C really suck for keeping that a secret from the rest of us! :lol:

B'bye now, don't hurry back!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Ha, that's funny !!

CIAO
    yield2me wrote:
    albertgt wrote:

you let your membership lapse and you're mad at the 10 club for it? :roll:
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya... :lol:

p.s and I'm not religious, just thought it had to be said...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    How many years can you renew at a time?

sweet.jpg

As much as you want.
    And yes, my membership number is 1! 8-)
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    demetrios wrote:

sweet.jpg

As much as you want.

you're number 1??? get the f outta here
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    I never understand these clowns who expect the 10c to give them a ridiculous amount of time to renew. 10c already offers an extremely generous amount of time to every member when it comes to the renewal grace period. You couldn't come up with the 20 bucks during that NINETY DAY grace period??
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    demetrios wrote:

sweet.jpg

As much as you want.

you're number 1??? get the f outta here

jeff owed me a solid and so he passed me down his 10club number! :mrgreen:
    j/k man. my number is in the 100,000's. :)
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    albertgt wrote:

Now that I can get new album releases including the hard bound packaging and the vinyls from Independent record stores and Target, I have no need to pre-order them through 10c's goods store and suffer from late shipments, incorrect shipments, and missing items (yes i've had all 3 problems happen to me)

My renewal is coming up this month. I know this doesn't reflect the band, it reflects the dissapointing policies and slow overhead of 10c. Yah i know, i won't get the xmas vinyls or the newsletter. But so what - I enjoy hearing them at the concerts, that's what matters.

Yah this is a rant, but I gotta say something, if something's wrong, I'm not gonna hide it.

Bye people. Long live pearl jam. :|
    Hey...
    Just to let you know... and to let any other disgruntled Fan Club Member know... there is no requirement for a resignation letter. You may just quietly just let your membership lapse by not renewing it. You also don't need to give advanced notice... or reasons or explanations or announcements on why you must leave. You can simply choose to go... or stay. Your call.
    As for me? I am a Gruntled Fan Club member. It used to be about tickets for the gigs... but, now, well... hell, I don't know... I think that as long as i keep supporting this band by buying their crap straight from them instead of retailers, maybe they can keep on making music. it stoped being about consumer goods for me a while ago. I mean, I still buy the crap... just because I like it.
    And as for the tickets... they're fine by my standards. I've been fortunate enough to catch them pretty close. I don't NEED to be up front... I've found it is about the friends I've made here.
    Anyway... I ain't going anywhere. I like the Summer Single and the newsletter. Yeah... it may be more habit now... but, I'm cool with that.
    Good luck.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,827
    demetrios wrote:

sweet.jpg

As much as you want.

Make sure 2021 doesn't creep up on you!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    i let my membership number lapse by mistake, i renewed and got a shity number like you, my originaly was not a lot better than what i have now mind you.
    seems i just moved a bit further forward at the next gig in the US :D
    oh, and good luck getting your hands on tickets from stub hub for $20 a year extra :lol:
    this year you might se that the christmas single turns up on time :roll:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • ManUnitedManUnited Jersey Shore Posts: 160
    demetrios wrote:

sweet.jpg

As much as you want.

Do you sit on stage with a number like that?
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    Although I'm pretty dissapointed that I'll have to spend another $20 this year and not get a show within a days drive of me, you can't really complain about having 15 months to pay I guess. There's plenty of other things to complain about, like paying your fee and not receiving an x-mas single but that's what YouTube is for I guess. I keep paying in the hopes that they'll come around soon.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    metsfan wrote:
    i farted
    thats why my eyes are like that? :cry::cry::cry::cry:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    demetrios wrote:

sweet.jpg

As much as you want.
    great Demetrios... :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”