Terrified for PJ in Philly!!!

13»

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    edited October 2009
    It's like someone else said to some the WS is more important, to me it doesn't make a difference at all i would choose PJ over any sporting event any day of the yr ....
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Normally I couldn't give a fuck about baseball but I will be following Philly hoping that they don't make it to the World Series.

It will get old really fast having Ed constantly bringing up the game during the show. I've been to shows before when he does that and it's very distracting. Nothing against sports but it all feels so pedestrian in the context of having an experience at a live concert. It brings everything down to the level of the boring stiff's everyday life rather than a transcending experience. It was the only shitty thing about being at the Borgata shows.

Sports and art just don't mix.
  • base ball sucks.. the game is way too long and boring.. they need rule changes shits dated
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    base ball sucks.. the game is way too long and boring.. they need rule changes shits dated

Thats why hockey is the best sport to watch. People are just too dumb to know it.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    base ball sucks.. the game is way too long and boring.. they need rule changes shits dated

how bout you name something that you enjoy and we can bash on it. thanks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

i like puppies...go ahead bash one. ;)
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,905
    81 wrote:

And I like baby seals.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

puppies...pfft. all they do is friggen shit all over the carpet, piss in the kitchen and tear up my couch. i'd rather listen to pj all day then deal with a god damn dog.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

And I like baby seals.

seal + club = :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    DVR
    Just me
  • October 28, 29, and 31 = World Series. Now lets say hypothetically the Phillies make it to the world series (which they will ;P) that would mean they play on Halloween at home. This could mean a few things:
    1. the game will be made into a day game to accomodate the show OR just by luck will be during the day
    2. pearl jam might rechedule, which would suck cause seeing them on halloween would be fucking AWESOME!
    3. they are both at the same time.
    now number 3 is the ONLY one i see happening, which scares a fan like me because unfortunately, i would rather watch game 7 of a Phillies world series than a halloween PJ show. the thing is, i think most philly fans would agree with me, and i know there are a lot of phillies fans that are PJ fans and goin to the show. so that makes me think ok, maybe they'll reschedule? that sucks too. or they wont and they wont have much of a crowd. its a lose lose situation. and even still, if games 5 and 6 are on during the shows, a lot of die hard fans might not go so they can watch the game. (myself included) this really sucks and really pisses me off cause i couldnt be more excited for these shows. they will be epic.

i guess lets just hope the Phillies sweep... (cause they will be in the world series)

and let the phillies attacks begin...

There is no way that the World Series would be rescheduled for a concert. Both would happen at the same time so you got to make a choice. DVR the game and go to the show would be the most logical option unless the Phillies were about to clinch then I would go to the game. Pearl Jam will play Philly again but you guys in Philly should know it's no sure thing that your team is going to win again anytime soon.

Also you are getting way ahead of yourself. The Phillies beat the Braves for the NL east this year so I can't talk shit but they got to get by the Rockies and probably the Dodgers first and neither of those are sure things.
  • base ball sucks.. the game is way too long and boring.. they need rule changes shits dated

And you felt the need to add this to the discussion for what reason?
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    Baseball is basically a bunch of people standing there and a bunch of others sitting on a bench while 2 people (pitcher and catcher) are playing catch. A little action breaks out randomly here and there but basically it's 3 hours of that.

BEST DESCRIPTION EVER.... :lol: HAHAHAHAHHAAA A :lol:
    i like sound...
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    This doesn't really have to turn into a sports lovers vs. non sports lovers thread does it. The world is big enough for both groups to peacefully coexist. And we all have in common that we are PJ fans.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    blurnsball is so much more entertaining then baseball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ntNmonMvNk
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    81 wrote:
    i bet if the Cubs were in the world series this show would be rescheduled.

81 - Again with the Cubs bashing.

But you are probably right. If the Cubs were in the World Series, they would probably shut down the entire city of Chicago. I guess that is what 101 years without a World Series title can do to a team.

If I had to choose between a PJ concert and a Cubs World Series game, I would have to choose the Cubs.