Options

Scalpers LA Shows

Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
edited October 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Just putting this out there...Scalpers are making nada on PJ tix at the Gibson!!

If you don't mind missing half of Ben Harper, you can easily score Loge seats for under $50.
I'm heading back up on Tuesday to try and hit the lottery. 8-)
02MAY2003 - State College, PA
08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Thanks for the info. That could be an option.

I'm still looking for one for 10/6 in LA. Would prefer 10c & would happily pay full price, but good to know there may be some others out there.

Has there been any issue with counterfeit tickets?

Thanks.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,460
    I know of at least one scalper who made $100 profit on a ticket the other night. A Ten Club member whose wife couldn't make it at the last minute sold his ticket to a scalper for $80. The scalper turned around and got $180 for the ticket. It was Orchestra 2, Row EE.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    I had a scalper offer me $600 for my Ten Club pair. He sounded serious. Who on earth does he know that would pay more? If he buys at 600, he must sell them for much more! I can't imagine anyone but the filthy rich would pay the price of a used car for one concert!

The folks I saw in attendance looked working-class to me!
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Options
    ksmedksmed Posts: 28
    porch4294 wrote:
    Thanks for the info. That could be an option.

I'm still looking for one for 10/6 in LA. Would prefer 10c & would happily pay full price, but good to know there may be some others out there.

Has there been any issue with counterfeit tickets?

Thanks.

May have been mentioned before, but learned a great trick years ago to tell if a ticket is authentic. Touch the back of the ticket with a cigarette or a joint. If the front of the ticket burns, but the back doesn't, it's real. The result is almost instant. Just be careful you don't leave a burn mark over the barcode, may not scan.
    I have used this before many times in the lot at a concert, works every time if the ticket is real. Try it on an old ticket stub first.
    Hope this helps, best of luck
  • Options
    lurkinlurkin Posts: 77
    I, too, use a similar format to verify if a ticket is authentic. But I use a lighter, on an outside corner of the ticket, with my thumb blocking off the rest of the ticket. The thumb acts as a heat barrier, keeps the discoloring to a minimum on the corner only.

Keep the flame off the ticket, just want to heat the backside up, not actually burn it. A real ticketbastard ticket will discolor black on the face, with nothing on the back. Just like they tell you to keep them out of direct sunlight, etc. It's because they are heat sensitive.
  • Options
    LG5171LG5171 Posts: 12
    I saw some folks line up at will call & sell their tickets on 10/1 for profit, but not much. I'm stil looking for 1 for 10/7 if anyone has 1 to sell! If not, go to window & take your chances!
    Peace,
    Lori