Options

UK O2 London Show on Radio Friday 7pm

CratePilotCratePilot Posts: 173
edited October 2009 in The Porch
TFT have just posted that on Friday 2nd @ 7pm Absolute Classic Rock will be playing the O2 show in full :D

http://www.absoluteclassicrock.co.uk/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fuck, it's gonna clash with Strictly.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    Surely this means the boot will be released shortly...
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Excellent. Must get some magical recording-stuff-from-the-internet type device ready :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    excellenty.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dont know if you can....but you could listen on sky channel 0201 then press record? just looked at radio web page not at home to check...

that would safe a bob or two
  • Options
    kazmokazmo Posts: 99
    dont know if you can....but you could listen on sky channel 0201 then press record? just looked at radio web page not at home to check...

I know you can't with the V+ box-tried it when they were on Radio 1.
  • Options
    IdlewildIdlewild London, England Posts: 173
    Very cool thanks for letting us know. Can't wait for the boots
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • Options
    kazmo wrote:

I know you can't with the V+ box-tried it when they were on Radio 1.

You can do it with a Sky+ box. As you can't get schedule information beyond today for the radio, you have to tune into 0201 and press record and then it brings up a screen to manually input the time, date etc that you want to record. Just tried it and it worked. Here's hoping as I won't be around Friday.
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    fuck, it's gonna clash with Strictly.

:o

Sort it out Rob!! You can't have your cake and eat it :lol:

p.s. Go for the O2 show.... Strictly will still be there next week and you can check who fluffed the tango online ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    thanks for letting me know (MAid marion.)...tell the wife strictlys off tonight and you take her out for a curry...then as she walks out the door hit the sky+ record and you got 1 free gig quicker and cheaper then getting it off 10c. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Woo hoo!! Shame it's not on DAB outside of London but a chance to re-live one amazing night nonetheless.

Roll on the official boot....
  • Options
    thanks for letting me know (MAid marion.)...tell the wife strictlys off tonight and you take her out for a curry...then as she walks out the door hit the sky+ record and you got 1 free gig quicker and cheaper then getting it off 10c. :mrgreen:

No problem. Not that I want to encourage watching Strictly (although I have been known to in the past :oops: ) but to save anyone getting into trouble, you should be able to record two things at once on Sky+, as long as you're not watching a third programme. I haven't tried this with a combination of radio and TV, but it works with two TV programmes.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    MaidMarion wrote:

No problem. Not that I want to encourage watching Strictly (although I have been known to in the past :oops: ) but to save anyone getting into trouble, you should be able to record two things at once on Sky+, as long as you're not watching a third programme. I haven't tried this with a combination of radio and TV, but it works with two TV programmes.

Ah your such a techie Nic! I wish I had Sky as I've had a look and seems I can't record on Virgin, oh well I'll just have to wait for the boot as I too have plans for Fri night.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    MaidMarion wrote:

Ah your such a techie Nic! I wish I had Sky as I've had a look and seems I can't record on Virgin, oh well I'll just have to wait for the boot as I too have plans for Fri night.

Me :?: :!: :!: Somehow managed to delete something that's rendered the sound recording software on my computer inoperative, so not feeling so technical at the moment, but thanks Dave....I'm assuming that was a compliment ;)
  • Options
    Just set timer for pearl jam tom night on my sky box..so it does work its not that hard to do if you need a hand just shout..

enjoy it all..cant wait to relive it great show.....and ths time for free..
  • Options
    Still available to listen here:

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/7 ... music.html

No crowd interaction, some edited swearing and a few songs missing I noted
  • Options
    abbeyjessabbeyjess Posts: 111
    It was on last week,is it on again?
    paris96,manchester2000,astoria2006,dublin2006,
    london2007,copenhagen2007,shepards bush empire 2009,
    rotterdam 2009,manchester 2009,london 2009.belfast 2010,berlin 2010.
  • Options

OMg I couldn't find this on that night! Thank you so much!

Which night was this? I was there on the 18th August.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    When are we going to get the bootlegs for this? It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    janinajanina Posts: 7
    agreed Plankton! a bootleg for this would be the bestest best shiny thing. x
    Gotta say it now
    Better loud
    Than too late
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832

this is awesome!! thanks...when will this be available until?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    my friday just got a whole lot better than it already was!!!!! :D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    It's available to listen to until the end of the month!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Mind you, this is NOT the full, complete and uncut concert they advertised. It is most of the songs, 4 or 5 are cut, and all the in-between chatter has been cut out. It also has station ID jingles and other stuff in-between songs.

I have it recorded, cut as much junk out as I possibly could without compromising the songs (sometimes they start the jingle over the music) and divided into tracks. Should someone be interested, send me a message.
  • Options
    I didn't hear any jingles and I listened to the lot of it last night :?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    kingkeld wrote:
    Mind you, this is NOT the full, complete and uncut concert they advertised. It is most of the songs, 4 or 5 are cut, and all the in-between chatter has been cut out. It also has station ID jingles and other stuff in-between songs.

I have it recorded, cut as much junk out as I possibly could without compromising the songs (sometimes they start the jingle over the music) and divided into tracks. Should someone be interested, send me a message.

What recording software do you use Kingkeld? I have replay music but I have to sit there and edit the tracks as it's recording. I can't split them afterwards, which is a real pain. I recorded the original airing of the O2 show and it's full of jingles that I can't cut out :-(
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    am listening to it now at work, sounds awesomely good actually, even on my crappy PC speakers with no bass... trying to record it using Goldwave but keep getting annoying little audio drop-outs...grrr... :x :(

will see if i can get a decent recording and split things up into bite-sized chunks... haven't heard any jingles yet... 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    MaidMarion wrote:
    kingkeld wrote:

What recording software do you use Kingkeld? I have replay music but I have to sit there and edit the tracks as it's recording. I can't split them afterwards, which is a real pain. I recorded the original airing of the O2 show and it's full of jingles that I can't cut out :-(

I recorded it with VLC Media player, then cut it with Audacity. Both are free programs that work like a charm. The programs are maybe a little difficult to use for the complete n00b, but I find them fairly easy to work. I have a little bit of experience with tools like this, mostly out of interest. I was not home at the time of the program, so I essentially recorded 4 hours prior to the show and one hour after, then cut it with Audacity.
    http://www.videolan.org (VLC media player)
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net (Audacity)