Options

Has anyone in California received Backspacer yet?

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Glancing through the swarm of threads I haven't seen anybody in Cali say they have received the album yet.

My mail(wo)man hasn't arrived yet but I was hoping to have it in hand today. Gonna be incredibly disappointed if I have to wait another day when others have had the physical CD since at least Thursday. :(
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Not yet.
  • Options
    not me either but I need to check the mail when it comes today
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    I'm in Roseville, CA, close to Sacramento and I got it today.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,590
    in los angeles and no copy came .
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    Nope and the mailman was just here and it didn't come today either. Can't say its really bothering me at this point. After a half dozen listens on myspace, I'm already bored with it.
  • Options
    hey-
    i live in los angeles - hollywood area. the mail was just delivered today (saturday the 19th) and backspacer was NOT delivered today.
    it's either wait till monday or bite the bullet at amoeba tomorrow.

bummer. i had so much time today to spend listening to it!

b
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    mail has been delivered but no backspacer

however, if you want the vinyl i just got back from penny lane records in pasadena across from pcc and they have a few copies!! :mrgreen:

(and yes i did order the vinyl from 10c but i assumed it would be sent at the same time as the cd...since that didn't happen i bought another one...need to listen to this on vinyl)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Didn't come today. Pretty sure they fucked up getting it in the mail on time.

Fucking blows. :evil:

I haven't heard one song yet. (Aside from Got Some and The Fixer)
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • Options
    hedavehedave Posts: 201
    I'll have it tomorrow.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    beezbeez Posts: 22
    Nothing in San Francisco!!! :x
  • Options
    It's a no show in Sacramento.. :roll:
    San Francisco, California 08-28-2009
    San Francisco, California 07-18-2006
    Mountain View, California 10-19-1996
    San Jose, California 11-04-1995
    San Francisco, California 06-24-1995
  • Options
    Just got the mail and no Backspacer. :(

I sucked it up and listened to the album *once* on myspace but I can't do that again. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait till Monday. :(
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    nothing in the valley yet...mail's already come today.
  • Options
    Got it today! :D
    PJ: 07-16-06 ; 08-28-09 ; 10-23-10 ; 11-26-13
    EV: 04-08-08 ; 07-05-11
    Mike: 07-07-11 ; 05-20-12
    Soundgarden: 07-21-11

10C #271XXX
    Since 2002
  • Options
    Backspacer delivered in San Jose, CA!! Very nice artwork, can't wait for the vinyl!

Peace..

RM
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Nothing in San Diego either... Waiting patiently till monday.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,232
    Nothing in Sherman Oaks. Ten Club really dropped the ball on this. Better to err on the side of having it arrive early than having it arrive late. What would the harm have been in having the record in the hands of your biggest fans a day or two (or three early)? It's not like leak prevention was an issue-- some people on the east coast had the package on Thursday.

It's very frustrating, but now I'll end up buying two copies. I'm heading out of town on Monday morning before the mail is delivered, so I will go to Target tomorrow morning. The Ten Club screws up, and the band will get rewarded. Pearl Jam has me so whipped.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 307
    Did not receive in San Diego 9/19.

But I haven't received the shipping confirmation email either...so I emailed tenclub to check status.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Orange County... bupkiss.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    No. I live in the LA area and didn't get it either! What's the point of pre ordering WAY in advance through the fan club if you're not going to get the cd on time? Now I'll have to either wait till Monday for my copy to come in the mail or go out and pick up a second copy tomorrow.
    * Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998
    * MGM Grand - Oct 22, 2000
    * Greek Theatre - Oct 24, 2000
    * Glen Helen Blockbuster - Oct 28, 2000
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Cox Arena - Jul 07, 2006
    * The Forum - Jul 09, 2006
    * Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 06, 2009
  • Options
    Nothing in Newport Beach..waiting on my vinyl...do I go get the CD at Target?
    Adampharris
    1992: Phoenix, Desert Sky Pavilion
    1998: RFK Stadium -- Tibetan Freedom
    1998: Great Western Forum I
    2000: Greek Theater
    2006: Great Western Forum I
    2008: The Wiltern (EV SOLO)
    2008: VH1 The Who Tribute
    2009: LA I, LA III, SD
  • Options
    Squatty-watty-doo-dah in Ventura County
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Didn't come today. Pretty sure they fucked up getting it in the mail on time.

Fucking blows. :evil:

I haven't heard one song yet. (Aside from Got Some and The Fixer)

So picked up the CD at Penny Lane in Pasadena.... and got a portable turntable......

Thanks for the heads up Norm.
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    good for you, but that boils my blood. Makes no sense some people in the same city have it. funny how upset a little lack of an album can cause me to feel. Oh well. 10c wins, I lose, I'll be buying yet another copy of the album tomorrow at target.
  • Options
    Mozzy wrote:
    good for you, but that boils my blood. Makes no sense some people in the same city have it. funny how upset a little lack of an album can cause me to feel. Oh well. 10c wins, I lose, I'll be buying yet another copy of the album tomorrow at target.
    I don't see why everyone's not getting it at the same time. It's not right that the east coast got it first. Everyone should get it around the same time. Sorry you haven't gotten it yet. You'd think that since we're in the same city we'd get it at the same time! At least most of its up on MySpace (no idea why The End isn't there).
    PJ: 07-16-06 ; 08-28-09 ; 10-23-10 ; 11-26-13
    EV: 04-08-08 ; 07-05-11
    Mike: 07-07-11 ; 05-20-12
    Soundgarden: 07-21-11

10C #271XXX
    Since 2002
  • Options
    no backspacer here in ABQ New Mexico yet either.
  • Options
    Backspacer delivered in San Jose, CA!! Very nice artwork, can't wait for the vinyl!

Peace..

RM

Yep...my GF say's it's at home waiting for me. Listening party after work!!!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options

I got some too in Roseville. Got some if you need it.
  • Options
    BF25394 wrote:
    Nothing in Sherman Oaks. Ten Club really dropped the ball on this. Better to err on the side of having it arrive early than having it arrive late. What would the harm have been in having the record in the hands of your biggest fans a day or two (or three early)? It's not like leak prevention was an issue-- some people on the east coast had the package on Thursday.

It's very frustrating, but now I'll end up buying two copies. I'm heading out of town on Monday morning before the mail is delivered, so I will go to Target tomorrow morning. The Ten Club screws up, and the band will get rewarded. Pearl Jam has me so whipped.

I agree, they should have sent it to everyone last Monday.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    BF25394 wrote:

You're not the only one buying 2 copies. At least you'll only get your cd one or two days late. God knows how long we have to wait for it in Australia. Confirmation email says 4-8 weeks. Wont be ordering from Ten Club expecting to get anything early ever again. At least I know for next time! In the meantime, I just had to get my copy of Backspacer on Friday when it was released downunder, cant wait 4-8 weeks for my Ten Club copy.