songs that pearl jam would rock

Comments

• LDBLDB Posts: 41
    Bulldog88, great choices. Also from the Stones, Waiting on a Friend, Satisfaction or a slower version of You can't alwsy get what you want.

Please no Rush!
  • Michael Jackson- Human Nature
  • The theme to the show Full House............ :lol:
  • I would squeege my pants if they broke into Rosalita as a closer.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    i've always wanted to hear Ed cover "I donat wanna grow up" by Tom Waits
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    I'd really like PJ and REM to do another split Christmas single, but to cover each other's songs this time. I'd want PJ to cover REM's 'Country Feedback' or 'Leave' and REM to cover 'I Am Mine'. I would love to hear Eddie sing 'Country Feedback' and 'I Am Mine' would be great with Stipe's voice.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    goldrush wrote:
    I'd really like PJ and REM to do another split Christmas single, but to cover each other's songs this time. I'd want PJ to cover REM's 'Country Feedback' or 'Leave' and REM to cover 'I Am Mine'. I would love to hear Eddie sing 'Country Feedback' and 'I Am Mine' would be great with Stipe's voice.
    Good one.

Better yet, make it a full album (or at least an EP). I've got the NOFX/Rancid split where each band covers 6 of the other's songs and it's fantastic.

OK, maybe "fantastic" is pushing it, but I really enjoy it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    LDB wrote:

Please no Rush!

I'm tellin ya, Working Man would kick ass. They could go all RVM in the middle. I was kidding about Mike not being able to handle the solo. ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MikeoMikeo Posts: 199
    foreplay/longtime - Boston
    Levon - Elton John
    tease me please me - The scorpions just so mike could shred it.
    something from a band from the last ten years. like to here a take on a new song...any song.
  • LDB wrote:
    Bulldog88, great choices. Also from the Stones, Waiting on a Friend, Satisfaction or a slower version of You can't alwsy get what you want.

Please no Rush!

Yea me and Brownie9160 are on to something! ;) So are you with You can't always get what you want! Awesome :D
  • driven to tears

yup they rocked it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGOYWPJzB4o
    Pearl Jam - Driven to Tears (Hershey 7-12-03)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGOYWPJzB4o
  • "The Man" Patto
    "Bring it on home" Zepp
    "Electioneering" Radiohead

still waiting to see "Ive got a feeling" live, so rock that again
  • alright. I've been thinking about this a lot and here is my conclusion:

'Don't Worry About the Government' by the Talking Heads.

Reasons:

1. it's such a simple/catchy/beautiful song to which they'd add layers of beauty to make it their own (which is what a great cover is all about) and Ed's voice would do it the justice it deserves.
    2. Its lyrics are political but not overtly. They''re also really simple and gorgeous.
    3. the one part where it goes "it's over there...it's over there. My building has every convenience....it's going to make life easy for me". They would kick the shit out of it.
    4. The lyrics bring home a political idea and make it personal and meaningful (like pjs best songs IMHO)
    5. The talking heads kick ass.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    LDB wrote:
    Please no Rush!
    Ya - don't think Ed can pull off a Rush tune. Unless he changed Working Man into some kind of Millworker-type folk song ...
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • animals. Dont let me be misunderstood. maybe?
    No matter how cold the winter ,there´s a springtime ahead...

• i know ED would just kill it on THE WHOs "WATER" im prayin every nite to hear it in PHILLY
    deedee0 wrote:
    animals. Dont let me be misunderstood. maybe?

good call...House of the Rising Sun, We Gotta Get Out of This Place, It's My Life.....any of that! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • csickels wrote:
    with EV's baritone, Flowers on the Wall by the Statler Bros. would be sweet!!!
    +1000000. Maybe an arrangement similar to Eric Heatherly's version could work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMGpGZvr-G0
    LDB wrote:
    Ed already sang No Surrender with Bruce. I would love to hear them do that.
    I've got a boot of Ed doing that solo from a year or two ago - think it's a pre-set. He does the acoustic version, and it's wicked.
    LDB wrote:
    Pretty sure they've done Waiting on a Friend before. I didn't dig it, but I'm not a fan of that tune. I reckon No Expectations would be cool, or Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker).

Cinnamon Girl....Neil Young/Crazy Horse
    I love Eddie's mini solo acoustic version of CG - the full band version would be interesting to hear them do.

My suggestion: GOIN' OUT WEST by Tom Waits.

I KNOW KARATE, VOODOO TOO!
    GONNA MAKE MYSELF AVAILABLE TO YOU.
    I DON'T NEED NO MAKEUP, I GOT REAL SCARS
    I GOT HAIR ON MY CHEST - I LOOK GOOD WITHOUT A SHIRT ON!
    Social D - Bad Luck

Stones - Monkey Man

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I've always thought that Over The Hills and Far Away or Tangerine would seriously kick ass!
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • MANKIND wrote:
    songs that i think pj would kill

no quarter-led zeppelin

thats a few id like 2 here. what about the rest of u? feel free 2 add.

I'll give you the others but No Quarter....no, I don't think they would kill this one. I don't think anyone will ever do it the proper justice that LZ did.

Going to California, The Rain Song, When the Levee Breaks...now those are LZ songs I think PJ could kill ;)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • AS57568 wrote:
    I've always thought that Over The Hills and Far Away or Tangerine would seriously kick ass!

And I can't believe I missed this one...YES, TANGERINE would be a masterpiece if PJ played it!!! :D;):D
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    To be quite honest, I can't come up with any songs worthwhile of conversation but I think this is a great thread with some good suggestions.

Sorry about the terrible response.
  • Isn't it way past time a Zeppelin song was put into regular rotation on tour?
    I vote Communication Breakdown but Levee, Tangerine or Goin' to California would be great too.

Great call on Aerosmith's No More No More.
  • -queen/bowie: Under Pressure
    -jeff buckley': Last Goodbye
    -big head todd and the monsters: Broken Hearted Savior
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Tangerine wrote:
    MANKIND wrote:
    songs that i think pj would kill

no quarter-led zeppelin

thats a few id like 2 here. what about the rest of u? feel free 2 add.

I'll give you the others but No Quarter....no, I don't think they would kill this one. I don't think anyone will ever do it the proper justice that LZ did.

Going to California, The Rain Song, When the Levee Breaks...now those are LZ songs I think PJ could kill ;)

I know Tool did a cover of No Quarter, and it was ok ... I wasn't a huge fan of it honestly.

But, My Brightest Diamond did a cover of it and I saw it live, and Shara Worden absolutely crushes the vocals ...

this is the only copy I could find on youtube, mind you, they are a three piece ... Shara covered the guitar on keys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR97Ne4ZuGc

These guys opened for The Decemberists a few years ago and I've become a big fan, especially of Shara. It was really funny see a truck load of indie kids with puzzled looks on their faces as I freakin' rocked out to my favorite Zep tune.

Is it as good as Zep? no. Do they do it justice? abso-freakin-lutely.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The Ocean
    Cortez the killer
    ( N. Young)
  • River of Deceit ...

lava man out
    Its nice to be nice to the nice.

Frank Burns
  • Marvin Gaye"Heard it through the grapevine" it would fit Ed perfectly-the vine part I mean :)
    No matter how cold the winter ,there´s a springtime ahead...

• LDBLDB Posts: 41
    Would love to have that boot of "No Surrender", where can I find that?

Love the "We Gotta Get Out of this Place" suggestion.

How about "Revolution"?

Wilson Pickett's "Wait Till the Midnight Hour" or "Mustang Sally".

"Working Man" I mean really, who wants to hear Rush.