Options

Chicago: Told Ya So!

NashvillePJfanNashvillePJfan Posts: 594
edited August 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
53 different songs over two nights in a career-defining pair of shows!! Sold out both nights, hardest ticket to get in Chicago in memory!! All of my predictions came true, GRIEVANCE was even played for me in the Night 2 encores. THANK YOU ED, STONE, MIKE, JEFF AND MATT FOR COMING THROUGH FOR ME!! :P :!: :o :!: :mrgreen:
I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Sorry I ever doubted you. ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    chris32482chris32482 Posts: 213
    Absoultely epic. I was only there for night 1, but the set list for night 2 looks amazing as well. Can't wait to get the boots from these two shows.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    53 different songs over two nights in a career-defining pair of shows!! Sold out both nights, hardest ticket to get in Chicago in memory!! All of my predictions came true, GRIEVANCE was even played for me in the Night 2 encores. THANK YOU ED, STONE, MIKE, JEFF AND MATT FOR COMING THROUGH FOR ME!! :P :!: :o :!: :mrgreen:

Didn't you predict 4 hour shows and all sorts of other crazy nonsense? I was at night one... it was a great show, but hardly career defining. Atlanta 94 was career defining, State College and the Mansfield run in 03 were career defining, the Gorge shows were career defining... This was a damn good 2 night stand in Chicago and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself ;)
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,099
    just wait to philly:) that will be career defining:)
  • Options
    tacettacet Posts: 323
    Hey Kreskin, can you give me the winning lotto numbers for this week.

Career-defining shows?? What does that even mean?

Very nice that you had a good time.

I think Boom is going to be upset with you for not thanking him.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • Options
    blah blah blah...............
  • Options

Didn't you predict 4 hour shows and all sorts of other crazy nonsense? I was at night one... it was a great show, but hardly career defining. Atlanta 94 was career defining, State College and the Mansfield run in 03 were career defining, the Gorge shows were career defining... This was a damn good 2 night stand in Chicago and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself ;)
    Conor..

Ya wanna know what my defining moment was???
    After a weekend of sightseeing, baseball games, navy pier, big lunches, big dinners, lots of walking, and 2 kick ass shows....

My defining moment was getting home last night, taking 2 aspirin, eating some cookies and milk, and realizing I am getting too old for this shit....hehehehehe

That was MY defining moment.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    53? I counted 49... unless you're counting tags.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

My defining moment was getting home last night, taking 2 aspirin, eating some cookies and milk, and realizing I am getting too old for this shit....hehehehehe

get ready for ACL, man. rest & recover..you're gonna need it! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Thats just it...

I NEED to rest and recover....
    From 2 shows that were basically in MY BACKYARD!!!!!!! hehehehehehehehe

My girlfriend Kathy, Flagg and I got in my car after the show last night....and WE ALL whined about our aching backs, feet, arms, legs etc.etc. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

People left the show, went to the bars, drank jaegerbombs till 4am....

We went home and had cookies and milk....

Im older than fucking dirt!!!! hehehehehe
  • Options
    Brian_BoBrian_Bo Posts: 46
    Ha, glad I wasn't the only one hurting when I got home. I was pretty sore after seeing Them Crooked Vultures at the end of Lola, but I'm looking forward to leaving work early and crashing out early tonight.
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306

Conor..

Ya wanna know what my defining moment was???
    After a weekend of sightseeing, baseball games, navy pier, big lunches, big dinners, lots of walking, and 2 kick ass shows....

Shit Speedy I was hoping it was finding me!!!!! LOL
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    pjbugs007 wrote:
    just wait to philly:) that will be career defining:)
    You people will crash hard if your dreams don't come true. Just be cautiously hopeful instead of making definite statements.
    Also, the other poster forgot to add Soldier Field 95 and Boston 94 shows to his list.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    mfc2006 wrote:

Thats just it...

My girlfriend Kathy, Flagg and I got in my car after the show last night....and WE ALL whined about our aching backs, feet, arms, legs etc.etc. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Never found that swingers club, eh? ;)
  • Options

fucking dirt does get really old sometimes
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    mfc2006 wrote:

Thats just it...

hahahaha - yeah we were wondering what the kids were doing while we were digging around for the ibuprofen.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    let the shows tell the story...the more you hype something, the bigger the let down. This happened to me at the MSG shows in 08'...they didn't come very close to matching the 03' shows...luckily Hartford saved the day!

Don't do this to yourself Philly!
  • Options
    csickels wrote:

fucking dirt does get really old sometimes
    wow...

good morning to you too..........