The Fixer/Supersonic 7" - Arrived!

Comments

• JKestleJKestle Posts: 54
    On2Legs wrote:
    My point exactly, why drill a mammoth hole in the thing when that doesn't matter. I understand your point about the amount of music on the disc.

I suspect they drill the giant hole because it gives a more nostalgic feel to it. After all... isn't nostalgia the whole point of putting it out on vinyl?

For me at least, it's not just about nostalgia...although it plays a part :D

My ears hear more depth and a wider stereo field with vinyl. Things seem more "spread out" and easier to pick out the layers of a track. That's the main reason I take the time to make sure I have a decent setup for playing records.
  • strummers wrote:
    Are they hand numbered? Thought I read somewhere they were going to be?
    No . . . not hand numbered. I think that was a prior 45 released for the Ten reissue.
  • LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    Well I am pleased with the song. I was pumped with the Amazon snippet, then kinda bummed with the live version but this sounds great. Lots of fun--better than Big Wave for sure.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Yep, they sound louder and even more ROCKING after having a good Mexican dinner and many margaritas!!!

Woohooo, PEARL JAM!!!

Bring on September!!!

Hey neighbor (I'm in 253 too) . . . by any chance do you have the gear to convert these tunes to digital so I can get them on my ipod?
    I sure don't. I can just play my records. Sorry, neighbor.
  • I just noticed the two circles at the top that say "Pearl Jam" and "Backspacer" glow in the dark! Pretty cool :D
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Does The Fixer still have the fade-out ending? :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    just arrived in sweet home chicago!
    *runs to record player with shiny white vinyl in hand*
    :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    I am in PHX and hope to get mine tomorrow, I figure we should. I have the adapters (which were HARD to find) but no record player. :cry::cry:

BTW the Love Reign O'er Me holiday single I have has the small hole not the big one.

I'm the PHX area as well. My record player crapped out a while back. Think Stinkweeds might make a digital version for me? If they don't do you think another store might?
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • katelliskatellis Posts: 513
    so happy to see a package from seattle in the mail today. the fixer made it to the east coast 8-)
  • KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    It's here in Texas!!! Got mine today. The white vinyl is really cool!!

Still can't totally wrap my heart around "Fixer" but I absolutely LOVE "Supersonic"!!!!

Getting really excited to hear the whole album!!
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    I sure don't. I can just play my records. Sorry, neighbor.
    A nice person set me up . . . thx for the reply!
  • RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Arrived in Maine today 8-)
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    Received mine in Chicago today!!!!! It sounds fantastic. I would like a version for the car, but I don't have the means of making a digital copy. Does any kind soul happen to have a digital version that they could PM me or does anyone know if this is up as a torrent or download anywhere?
  • Arrived in Nashville, TN today. What a great day, had to work 6 hours then came home to my 45 sitting right in front of my door and leave in about 12 hours for chicago.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    hey does the record itself glow in the dark? you know it is white-ish type. and those colors might secretly glow...
    I doubt it, but might be fun to turn off the lights while crankin' it up. I'm so jealous right now.
  • It's here in Indianapolis. Nothing like coming home from a long day at work and finding that envelope leaning against your door!
    http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 2408_n.jpg
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    For all of you having "issues" with the normal sized hole in the middle of the 7" 45 RPM record: http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Stor ... M-Adapters
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    postwoman just cam and left....no single :(

my post office SUCKS!!! :evil: :evil:
  • kapsolaskapsolas Posts: 40
    :( got the single, but no record player to play it...
    what a tease
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622
    kapsolas wrote:
    :( got the single, but no record player to play it...
    what a tease

Same here! One day I will be able to play it.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Hasn't arrived in Detroit today...

Probably on Monday.

Drats!! Would have been perfect for tonight.... :cry:

Oh wait...we both are unemployed... :lol:

It's Saturday everyday!!! ::snickers::
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    For all of you having "issues" with the normal sized hole in the middle of the 7" 45 RPM record: http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Stor ... M-Adapters
    Probably just me ;-) . . . I forgot to take a look for them at the needledoctor. Thanks!
  • fotd wrote:
    I am in PHX and hope to get mine tomorrow, I figure we should. I have the adapters (which were HARD to find) but no record player. :cry::cry:

BTW the Love Reign O'er Me holiday single I have has the small hole not the big one.

I'm the PHX area as well. My record player crapped out a while back. Think Stinkweeds might make a digital version for me? If they don't do you think another store might?

Try Hoodlums in Tempe. Got my record player there, and they have the USB turntables. They carry 45 adapters too. :)
  • got it here in PA today. came home from a day of golf and saw an envelope in the box and just knew it was the single. very cool sleeve. and the white record is neat. sounds great.
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Someone upload Supersonic!!!! I'm dying to hear it!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Someone upload Supersonic!!!! I'm dying to hear it!

DITTO!!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • holy crap supersonic is blowing me away. Ihope they play it right in the middle of the set on night 2 in chicago..Just long enough for me to forget about it....then get blown away all over again!!!!!
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I got mine today in Massachusetts. The white vinyl is very cool and Supersonic is AWESOME!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • got mine today / dallas, tx

:D
  • I appreciate the photo that mixedcarton posted, but would anyone mind posting a few more? I would love a closer look at the vinyl color and both sides of the packaging. I'm in Raleigh, NC and I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.

Thanks guys!