Options

Manchester 2009 Crew!!

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:

i'll obviously spend 47 minutes trying to blag my way in for free....

"hey Big Tam says i can get in for nothing"

in Scotland there is always someone called Big Tam... but dont know what i'd say in Manchestershire..

"hey, Shandy Percival says i can get in for nothing"

Worth a try I suppose, maybe we could all just rush the doors at once :twisted:

what time's the curfew at the MEN ? Wembley and the O2 are something like 10:30 aren't they ? if the MEN is the same then unless PJ break the curfew we could be out of there and in the pub before 11:00... thus saving the 2 quid entry fee!!! ;)
    did i say that i'm 1/8th Scottish... ? :o
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    jrd wrote:

what time's the curfew at the MEN ? Wembley and the O2 are something like 10:30 aren't they ? if the MEN is the same then unless PJ break the curfew we could be out of there and in the pub before 11:00... thus saving the 2 quid entry fee!!! ;)

are you kidding man??? 10.30.....??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    it's the time when everybody gets ready for going out here...
    dont think we germans even have something close to that... had to look that word up inthe dictionary the first time i read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

I think the curfew is 11:00 so will probably have to pay, plus it usually takes a while to get out of there.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    One freaking week and I still can't walk properly!! I'll be there if it's the last thing I do though!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Anyone know the best place to park for this venue?

Also, anyone know when they normally come on stage?

Trying to get organised :D
  • Options
    michaeljam wrote:

There are loads of places to park in central Manchester but all will be quite pricey. As it's a big gig there might be impromptu car parks set up around the arena but these aren't too safe so up to you.

As for set times the curfew for the MEN is usually 23:00 for weeknight concerts so I imagine we will be seeing PJ at about 9pm, but hopefully they will come on earlier so we get a longer gig.

My tip would be when you get to the Arena go to the box office and they always have the set times printed on the wall behind the cashiers for all to see.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    Mojo55Mojo55 Posts: 3
    Hello folks, I had an email through from the Ten Club about my tickets, it says that the box office for fan club tickets opens at midday. Does anyone know if there is any chance of a pre show or if we can sit in on a tune up/rehearsal session in the afternoon?

Just wondering if it really is worthwhile showing up eight hours before the show :roll:
  • Options
    im gonna leave my house at 11.30... pick up my tix at 12.00... then get pint after pint in my favourite pub in the whole of manchester which just happens to be within 2 minutes of the arena. happy days.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    pbhackpbhack Posts: 12
    Coming from Los Angeles and will be in attendance.
  • Options
    michaeljam wrote:

Best place to park is probably the multi-storey tagged onto the arena.

Don't know about stage times but at the Manchester show in 2000 they came on at 8.30 and played until about 10.45.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    michaeljam wrote:

There are loads of places to park in central Manchester but all will be quite pricey. As it's a big gig there might be impromptu car parks set up around the arena but these aren't too safe so up to you.

As for set times the curfew for the MEN is usually 23:00 for weeknight concerts so I imagine we will be seeing PJ at about 9pm, but hopefully they will come on earlier so we get a longer gig.

My tip would be when you get to the Arena go to the box office and they always have the set times printed on the wall behind the cashiers for all to see.

Seriously, very helpful, much appreciated!

And thanks to Housing Jim for replying too :D
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    The car park adjacent to the arena is good. Nine quid but I'd much rather pay that than a fiver to park in a field. Don't go for the dodgy ones they set up on the day.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    CM55721 wrote:
    Hello folks, I had an email through from the Ten Club about my tickets, it says that the box office for fan club tickets opens at midday. Does anyone know if there is any chance of a pre show or if we can sit in on a tune up/rehearsal session in the afternoon?

Just wondering if it really is worthwhile showing up eight hours before the show :roll:

Ermmmm... yes... PUB!!! :D
    im gonna leave my house at 11.30... pick up my tix at 12.00... then get pint after pint in my favourite pub in the whole of manchester which just happens to be within 2 minutes of the arena. happy days.

Which pub's that then?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    CM55721 wrote:

Ermmmm... yes... PUB!!! :D

Which pub's that then?

it is actually called My Favourite Pub in the Whole of Manchester
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    so02seeso02see Posts: 236
    TODAYyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • Options
    TinyFistsTinyFists Posts: 142
    In Rock We Trust and I are on our way and very excited!
    Try to tell me that you love me, throw your little punches at me...
  • Options
    kazmokazmo Posts: 99
    I shall be leaving work shortly and on my way to Manc. Have got butterflies and everything :oops: :lol:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    nice meeting u all in berlin..seeya in next one...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”