Options

Why can't you find "The Fixer" on PJ's site???

BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Shouldn't it be on the 10c site? And how come it can't be downloaded? And there's no mention on the home page.

I LOVE the song. It's awesome. It'd just be nice to be able to hear it in another place except for the crappy myspace stream. It's also weird for there to be a new PJ single out, but the only people who know about it visit the main PJ fan board. Kinda like preaching to the choir ...

But, still, GREAT song!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    until very recently there has been no music playing on the 10c site
    it is available on myspace now, it is available for purchase somewhere now

is there anything else people want to find to whinge about????
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Where can you purchase it? Show me.
  • Options
    i dont know, but seriously, it has been on myspace for 5 bloody hours!!! it was just played on radio for the first time!!!
    is it really that much of a problem that you cannot download it yet??? :roll:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    Um ... yes. Any other site would have it available for download. We don't even know when/where we can buy it yet. And considering that this LP is self-released, any and all info helps PJ.

You're also missing the point. According to you, it is available to download "somewhere." Then, when asked, you have no idea. Which ... confirms the confusion. We support this band too much not to have better communication from the 10c. PJ's done great work. We should be able to support them and rock this song without having to listen to a crappy myspace stream.
  • Options
    well i have downloaded it from "somewhere".... :lol:
    it is a myspace rip, and it will not be posted here
    there is just such a negative vibe around here recently, and that is why i am cracking the shits!
    if they played it on radio before they released it online i am sure that you would complain.

it is pretty common place to have myspace and radio play before it is available for purchase, so deal with it, take the negative vibe away from here and listen to the the song on myspace and rock out and enjoy it! i know i am 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Honestly, you're just adding negativity to a simple question/request. I'm not being negative. I love the song. I'm just making a valid point. Right now, if you look on the front page of PJ's site, you have no idea the single is out. That does NOT make sense. The player has Ten re-mix songs, not "The Fixer." That also doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be that hard to make happen. There's a big difference b/w complaining and pointing out the obvious. Maybe figure that out before you "crack" down on people for simple statements.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    ;) how can i help?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    The Fixer Lyrics

When something’s dark let me shed a little light on it
    When something’s cold let me put a little fire on it
    If something’s old I wanna put a bit of shine on it
    When something’s gone I wanna fight to get it back again
    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
    Fight to get it back again
    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

When something’s broke I wanna put a bit of fixin on it
    When something’s bored I wanna put a little excited on it
    If something’s low I wanna put a little high on it
    When something’s lost I wanna fight to get it back again
    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

When signals cross I wanna put a little straight on it
    If there’s no love I want to try to love again
    I’ll say your prayers I’ll take your side
    I'll burn as a way to make light
    I'll dig your grave
    We'll dance and sing
    What's saved could be
    One last lifetime

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Honestly, you're just adding negativity to a simple question/request. I'm not being negative. I love the song. I'm just making a valid point. Right now, if you look on the front page of PJ's site, you have no idea the single is out. That does NOT make sense. The player has Ten re-mix songs, not "The Fixer." That also doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be that hard to make happen. There's a big difference b/w complaining and pointing out the obvious. Maybe figure that out before you "crack" down on people for simple statements.
    it's only 6.50am in Seattle right now.. doesn't that make sense as to why the site has not been updated? (yeah I know Myspace has, but maybe the person that updates Myspace is on the east coast)
  • Options
    cokelogiccokelogic Posts: 139
    Where's the digital download that was expected today? I'll pay .99 cents, I just wanna listen to the song in great quality in my car, not on computer speakers from a myspace stream.

This is a big deal after all. It's a new brand Pearl Jam song for crap sake!
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    cokelogic wrote:
    Where's the digital download that was expected today? I'll pay .99 cents, I just wanna listen to the song in great quality in my car, not on computer speakers from a myspace stream.

i hear ya. it's not life or death but i feel the same way.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    cokelogic wrote:

euh.. great quality from a download?? (ie MP3) seems a contradiction in terms...just saying..
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,528
    cokelogic wrote:

Same! Drive to work & played @ work. Kinda hope for a Flac download from 10club!
  • Options
    good things come to those who wait :lol:

http://pearljam.com/
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    I think PJ marketing is doing a pretty poor job. Another example is the All-Star game. Let's leave the debate about whether or not PJ should be debuting music in such a way...

I know that plenty of fans would have tuned in to watch the debut of PJ if they had known about it in advance. A post at the last moment on the message boards that I don't even think was made a sticky just didn't cut it. Unfortunately, it seems to be the norm that the PJ website is the last place to go to look for information about the band. Shouldn't there be things like a countdown to the release of the new album or singles, direct and easy links to hear the new single as soon as it is released, etc, etc, etc. :)