Options

TC avoid selling tix only to hometown members..

force-10force-10 Posts: 794
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Pretty please w/sugar on top..

I just saw the announcement of the extra london show next month and noticed that the presale is only for nearby residents. I totally understand why you do it, but you are denying people who live in places where PJ has never gone to play. Maybe there´s someone in Morocco that would want to attend. However, I trust that you would help out such person, probably not give him a ticket directly, but give him a chance in the lottery.

If you would have done this in seattle and LA, I probably wouldn´t have even tried for tickets. The gibson amphitheater is somewhat alike Shepherds Bush Empire (I believe even smaller) and I am now surprised you didn´t do it the same way.

Keep in mind that most fans that would invest in travelling from very far only to see PJ would be very let down if they had to overpay just for a terrible seat, or not even get a ticket. Again, I understand that what you do is for the best of the majority, but please if you can, avoid doing this.

I was thinking of emailing this directly to TC and keep it private, but I definitely know for sure I am not the only one in a given situation like this. And more importantly, they can see what great vibes they can find in this message board and help they can expect from fellow PJ fans.
IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    This is obviously a treat for the locals. Outsiders can access the show at the O2.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    they have done it n Seattle. December of 2002 show they had a lottery for tickets and it was only open to WA state residents.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Hinn wrote:
    This is obviously a treat for the locals. Outsiders can access the show at the O2.

yeah, that's a good bet ... and a nice idea.

I'm hoping for the SF local only show at the Fillmore just before/after Outside Lands ...

... and fully expect to be disappointed.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    aNiMaL wrote:
    they have done it n Seattle. December of 2002 show they had a lottery for tickets and it was only open to WA state residents.

They've done the same in NY.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    I'm really disappointed with this restriction. This is probably an once in a lifetime chance for many fans in Europe to see PJ in such an intimate atmosphere and the 10c just shut them out. Since they never play such a small club gig anywhere else in Europe this is bs.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Hinn wrote:
    pah, lets' all just move from australia to london and call ourselves a local ;):D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    aNiMaL wrote:
    could i open up a PO Box in blaine or bellingham or something, and charge my 10c tickets to there?
    like, figuratively speaking... if that were to ever happen, would that work?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    force-10 wrote:

I just saw the announcement of the extra london show next month and noticed that the presale is only for nearby residents. I totally understand why you do it, but you are denying people who live in places where PJ has never gone to play. Maybe there´s someone in Morocco that would want to attend. However, I trust that you would help out such person, probably not give him a ticket directly, but give him a chance in the lottery.

If you would have done this in seattle and LA, I probably wouldn´t have even tried for tickets. The gibson amphitheater is somewhat alike Shepherds Bush Empire (I believe even smaller) and I am now surprised you didn´t do it the same way.

Keep in mind that most fans that would invest in travelling from very far only to see PJ would be very let down if they had to overpay just for a terrible seat, or not even get a ticket. Again, I understand that what you do is for the best of the majority, but please if you can, avoid doing this.

I was thinking of emailing this directly to TC and keep it private, but I definitely know for sure I am not the only one in a given situation like this. And more importantly, they can see what great vibes they can find in this message board and help they can expect from fellow PJ fans.

Firstly, I'm from a different country to the UK... that's right... IRELAND... and I still qualify for the tickets. I am by no means local, but I feckin' love 10c for giving me at least a chance. I'm sure they did the lottery for a reason.
    Secondly, the Gibson holds 4000 people more than Shepherds Bush.
    And most notably, 10c presale tickets for the 4th show in LA were still on sale a DAY if not more after the presale. Can you imagine how long it would have taken to sell those if it was locals only?! There are 19 other shows people can travel for to see, it's not like they have no chance at all to see them.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    Well... I, for one, am happy for our English Isle mates. I hope they all get to see Pearl Jam in such a great setting.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    actually i wish all small club shows had a local only 10c presale. i still remember how hard it was to get showbox tickets.

or... just have them be fanclub only shows and open them up to everyone in the fanclub, giving locals a "head start" of 10 minutes or something... and then make it avail to all members.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I think this does make sense, however,

SOME countries never ever ever got to have Pearl Jam come over. I wonder when if ever they would get a hometown show...
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

Firstly, I'm from a different country to the UK... that's right... IRELAND... and I still qualify for the tickets. I am by no means local, but I feckin' love 10c for giving me at least a chance. I'm sure they did the lottery for a reason.
    Secondly, the Gibson holds 4000 people more than Shepherds Bush.
    And most notably, 10c presale tickets for the 4th show in LA were still on sale a DAY if not more after the presale. Can you imagine how long it would have taken to sell those if it was locals only?! There are 19 other shows people can travel for to see, it's not like they have no chance at all to see them.

This is true, but people might not have the opportunity to go to the other shows for two important reasons.

1 Dates. For example I could not go to philly shows because in those dates I have to be at work. It`s high season around those days in my job. The same with chicago. I will be almost alone in those days cause 2 fellow workers will be on vacation.

2. Hotel expenses. I`m gonna book an hotel for the seattle shows. The first LA show is a week after the second key arena gig. I could not afford hotels for that long. Luckily I have family in LA (what latino doesn`t!). If they would have restricted these shows I would have thought twice before buying even the seattle shows. Remember i`m posting this because I think there are other folk that would travel only to see PJ.

Again let me underline that I believe TC / PJ make decisions based on what they believe is best for the fans. I`m just suggesting that they should avoid restricting pre sales like this. And if they do, I believe that they should make exceptions if the fan(s) is able to give good reasons.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    force-10 wrote:

The Gibson holds over 3x the capacity of the SB Empire.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    jimed14 wrote:

I'm hoping for the SF local only show at the Fillmore just before/after Outside Lands ...
    ... and fully expect to be disappointed.

i'm hoping for the same thing @ Stubb's (or anywhere in town!!) in Austin around ACL.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    aNiMaL wrote:

yes....and it's been done in NY, also the UK...the astoria show.

however, i do sorta agree with the OP on this show. i don't think it should be open to 'everyone'...but i think it would be nice to be open to all europeans to at least have a shot at 10c tix. i mean, these 4 euro shows coming up in august, yea, much bigger shows......and 10c tix were first confined to eurofans only, and then opened to all. it's a small intimate show....that perhaps other europeans would not ever get a chance in their home country, ever. a lot of UKers are traveling europe for some/all the euroshows, have done so in the past too.....so i kinda agree it would've been nice to have it open to all europeans.

that said, 10c's gonna do what they wanna do. i think it's crazy-cool this special show is gonna happen and i hope everyone in attendance has a BLAST!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    force-10 wrote:

OK, then only leave it open to Europeans 8-)
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    By the way when I first read this I thread title I didn't know what show it was referring to...probably should've been clearer, as I'm sure a few of us Philly locals were about to go off if this was directed at us :lol:;):lol:
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Evolver wrote:
    By the way when I first read this I thread title I didn't know what show it was referring to...probably should've been clearer, as I'm sure a few of us Philly locals were about to go off if this was directed at us :lol:;):lol:

yeah, because Philly is treated soooo bad by this band ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    haffajappa wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    pah, lets' all just move from australia to london and call ourselves a local ;):D
    Steph, it's London, like everyone here is from somewhere else.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    I agree with this thread 100%. I have to say (in my opinion of course) that I'm totally against a so called "Hometown Advantage". Not all of us are lucky enough to live in a place that PJ frequents. Why should ten club bow down to the hometown crowd? I thought Pearl Jam shows were for everyone? Why should people who live in a certain geographical area get special privileges? That makes no sense.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    i like this local ticket system
    im not the sort of person thats gonna travel accross the world to see pj, as muc has id like to, so the fact that them playing more uk shows and me not being penalized by those with bottomless pockets of money who can travel thousands of miles is good...for me anyway.

i can see why people feel that this is a bad thing tho..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Hinn wrote:
    never enough my friend.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    and if tomorrow mornig i get married a woman from londom,im a local????? :lol: fuck,,even pj cant make me married... :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    A fact: I´m blown away to know that I have tickets for seattle and LA.

Keep up the good work TC! I bet that if PJ was to play in Guatemala, there would be thousands travelling from all central america and south of Mexico. It would be a blast!
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    i'd say allow everyone to buy tickets unless its like a really small club show.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    10C will only have a very limited amount of tickets. ANYONE can purchase tix in the pre-sales and the general sales.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    10C will only have a very limited amount of tickets. ANYONE can purchase tix in the pre-sales and the general sales.

Yeah you´re right about this in a way. If ít´s a small venue they will have a very small amount of tickets and anyone should be allowed to at least try for them because TC does have the best tickets in the house i believe.