Options

So my pre-orders have no longer been charged on my account

En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
edited July 2009 in The Porch
So after I made the pre-order for the Fixer single, Backspacer CD and vinyl my card was charged, but just looked at the account and it is no longer listed. Did that happen to anyone else?

At least I still got charged for the tickets! Still going to LA 4 and SD show, whoohoo!
Formerly Brew Crew Tix
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    in your order history? or bank acct?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Just my bank account.

I wonder when they will charge it? Gotta make sure I have money in the old account.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    CaliBigWaveCaliBigWave California Posts: 82
    This happened to me this morning. One of my Seattle ticket orders disappeared from my bank account, along with the the Ed/Hawaii poster I purchased from Volcom last week. I received the poster today. And I did receive both e-mail confirmations from 10c for the ticket order, and it is still in my order history in Goods. Time will tell...
  • Options
    this is a dirtbag tactic by banks, the charge disappears for a day or 2 and the funds are returned to the account then all the sudden it posts a day or 2 later... they want you to overdraw your acct so they can rape on NSF fees!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    wait some days..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yeah I remember how much they took out, so I definitely won't give the banks an overdraw!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    Yeah I remember how much they took out, so I definitely won't give the banks an overdraw!
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    I think it all depends on how each person's bank interacts with ten club's merchant account. Im gonna take a guess and say if it is in your history you are fine. Im also going to guess that all these transactions are done manually. They have a lot of transactions to deal with right now. Just guessing though.
  • Options
    The charge on my bank account is no longer there. WTF? I still have my philly II in my order history, but no confirmation email or charge on my account. :roll:
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    Just my bank account.

I wonder when they will charge it? Gotta make sure I have money in the old account.

Don't you keep a register on the account? Just deduct it...you'll be covered whether they withdrawl it now or 2 months from now... :idea:
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I dont wanna sound like Im lecturing anyone here, but Im surprised how many people have a credit card or a debit card and dont know how their cards work :?

when a debit card or credit card gets charged, when you click the make payment or submit button it authorizes the funds to check the funds are there to complete the purchase. Depending on the financial institution it can take 24 to 72 hours for the hold to expire, so the merchant can take the funds during that time or afterward, they already have the authorization code, and they'll run it again later if needed (believe no one will ship you anything until they get an approved transaction)

The one thing I don't know is how the 10C handles it, for example Amazon doesnt charge you until the item you pre-ordered is shipped, but they do authorize your card then the funds become available again and you will be charged when the item is shipped.
    I don't know whether 10C does it like this, I believe I was charged for my SDE of Ten before it was shipped.

That the authorization fell off doesn't mean anything went wrong with the goods your purchased, it just means the merchant is taking longer to retrieve the funds than the allotted time the bank provides for keeping funds on hold.

Like I said please dont take it the wrong way, like I'm trying to call anyone a dumbass or anything like that, I am just genuinely surprised at the fact that there seems to be so many people that dont know how their credit cards works and how their funds are handled when they make a purchase. Not trying to be a bitch and I sure hope I didnt sound like one. :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    I dont wanna sound like Im lecturing anyone here, but Im surprised how many people have a credit card or a debit card and dont know how their cards work :?

when a debit card or credit card gets charged, when you click the make payment or submit button it authorizes the funds to check the funds are there to complete the purchase. Depending on the financial institution it can take 24 to 72 hours for the hold to expire, so the merchant can take the funds during that time or afterward, they already have the authorization code, and they'll run it again later if needed (believe no one will ship you anything until they get an approved transaction)

The one thing I don't know is how the 10C handles it, for example Amazon doesnt charge you until the item you pre-ordered is shipped, but they do authorize your card then the funds become available again and you will be charged when the item is shipped.
    I don't know whether 10C does it like this, I believe I was charged for my SDE of Ten before it was shipped.

That the authorization fell off doesn't mean anything went wrong with the goods your purchased, it just means the merchant is taking longer to retrieve the funds than the allotted time the bank provides for keeping funds on hold.

Like I said please dont take it the wrong way, like I'm trying to call anyone a dumbass or anything like that, I am just genuinely surprised at the fact that there seems to be so many people that dont know how their credit cards works and how their funds are handled when they make a purchase. Not trying to be a bitch and I sure hope I didnt sound like one. :D

Wow, so not only does Mrs. Vedder have one of the best avatars on this site but she also understands the credit market better than Allan Greenspan himself.
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    This happened to me too with my bank account for the philly shows ......good to hear that Im not the only one... I feel everything will work out ..... give it a day or two.....

SBB
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2