Options

1 hour and 25 minutes - Life Wasted

PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
edited July 2009 in The Porch
i really don't want to add another bitch thread

i can deal with not getting tix to a popular event - it happens

but i just wonder if there isn't a better way??? (like constanza's dad inventing festivus!!)

i don't get why it took 85 minutes for Out Of Stock to appear

:?:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Are you never going back again?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    yes.. iknow.. 1 hour 30 minutes refreshing my computer...and no luck for me ... : (
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    they could do it the way they just did ed's shows with a raffle. even though i was 0-2 on my requests for that, at least i felt like their was a fair shot at it.
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    FP61580FP61580 Posts: 30
    I agree, homies. It sucks.
    remember back in the day when we were GUARANTEED tix ?
  • Options
    AND my finger hurts!!

i may have to call in sick tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    SwantonSwanton Posts: 77
    I just wrote a loooooong response about this in another thread.

I proposed a new system that would be much more fair.
    You will try.
  • Options
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 232
    they could do it the way they just did ed's shows with a raffle. even though i was 0-2 on my requests for that, at least i felt like their was a fair shot at it.

I'm with you. I was also 0-2 on the raffle, but at least I didn't have to spend an hour and half to come away with nothing.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    over bends wrote:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    nadja_veddernadja_vedder Posts: 291
    I have never experienced this before!!! I don't even know how many times I got the "BUY" button, the site crashed, "This order cannot be processed" or whatever else was there!!! There is got to be a better way for this!!! Last year, I got both MSG and Hartford with no problem and never saw any of this messages before. This really sucks and they should try to make this site better...
    :cry:
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    peteblancopeteblanco Posts: 19
    I still think they should do a 10C only night. Every member who wants in gets in, then anyone else. Especially for a town like Philly that will pack the house three nights in a row.

Doesn't anyone remember mailing in for tix back in the 90's. Shit, I never missed out on Ten Club seats then, and it kept the fine people at the US Postal Service from layoffs. Everyone was a winner.
    You can heal the world with duct tape.
  • Options
    I have never experienced this before!!! I don't even know how many times I got the "BUY" button, the site crashed, "This order cannot be processed" or whatever else was there!!! There is got to be a better way for this!!! Last year, I got both MSG and Hartford with no problem and never saw any of this messages before. This really sucks and they should try to make this site better...

when people win..it's all good...but when they lose....then there must be a better way! :lol::lol:

I've been on both sides....that's just how life is...cheer up!!....there are still plenty of ways to get tickets!
  • Options
    i understand the math behind this

i'm just asking that they improve the process so that i don't waste this much time

i'm ok with being shut out... it happens

but now my wife is going to beat me for dinner being not ready!!!!
  • Options
    definetely feeling your pain....in my wrist as well, lol for nothing!
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    FP61580 wrote:
    I agree, homies. It sucks.
    remember back in the day when we were GUARANTEED tix ?

10 Club has never guaranteed every member could get a ticket.
  • Options

i'm just asking that they improve the process so that i don't waste this much time

take her out to eat with the money you saved not getting tickets. :mrgreen:
  • Options

take her out to eat with the money you saved not getting tickets. :mrgreen:

i gave her ramen

gotta save up for fleabay tix!!!

i'm guessing we never got an official answer as to why it took 1hr and 25 minutes?
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

when people win..it's all good...but when they lose....then there must be a better way! :lol::lol:

I've been on both sides....that's just how life is...cheer up!!....there are still plenty of ways to get tickets!

I was on the losing effort for both seattle shows....I think the system is fair, and I wouldnt change it. That said, the SECOND I knew I was shut out, I did a little networking and focused my energies on making sure I would be at both shows. Guess what...I am going to both shows thank to some very cool folks inside of a couple of hours. Why not try and exhaust all options and avenues before being pissed and trying to change something you have NO CONTROL over. Maybe I am becoming old and a little complacent as I approach 40 later this year, but I just dont see the point getting worked up over this. just my opinion...In the grand scheme it means nothing, just saying...See you in seattle kiddies! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    over bends wrote:
    lol
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    yer always saying that there's something wrong
    getting tickets shouldn't take this fucking long
    forgive me man, just trying to hear your songs
    this stupid server can't be depended on....

i can taste it
    my life wasted
    i ain't never going online again
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400

i'm guessing we never got an official answer as to why it took 1hr and 25 minutes?

I don't think we really need an official answer. Philly aside, all of the presales take 45 minutes to an hour to officially sell out...That's because people put them in their carts and don't check out right away for whatever reason. They decide not to take them, their credit card gets declined, site issues, whatever.

It would be weird if they said they were sold out as soon as they got put in people's carts...I think 'temporarily out of stock' is a perfect term for what they are. Aside from site issues, 10C can't control how long people hold on to them, without building a huge system like TMs. But this kind of stuff happens w/ ticketmaster as well, and any ticketing site. If they're not available right away, keep trying and you eventually get lucky or you don't.

Site issues they can control to an extent, and there were certainly some w/ Philly sale yesterday, but pretty much every presale takes a good chunk of time before they are all officially sold out.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

I don't think we really need an official answer. Philly aside, all of the presales take 45 minutes to an hour to officially sell out...That's because people put them in their carts and don't check out right away for whatever reason. They decide not to take them, their credit card gets declined, site issues, whatever.

It would be weird if they said they were sold out as soon as they got put in people's carts...I think 'temporarily out of stock' is a perfect term for what they are. Aside from site issues, 10C can't control how long people hold on to them, without building a huge system like TMs. But this kind of stuff happens w/ ticketmaster as well, and any ticketing site. If they're not available right away, keep trying and you eventually get lucky or you don't.

Site issues they can control to an extent, and there were certainly some w/ Philly sale yesterday, but pretty much every presale takes a good chunk of time before they are all officially sold out.

Sounds so easy to understand, I wonder why people dont get this! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    over bends wrote:
    yea yea yea ..the fixer.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    peteblanco wrote:
    I still think they should do a 10C only night. Every member who wants in gets in, then anyone else. Especially for a town like Philly that will pack the house three nights in a row.

The venues/Ticketbastard won't let this happen. It's not PJ/10c fault. :(
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    After seeing how fast everything sold out this week (I can't go to any of these shows personally), I yearn for the return of the index cards of '03.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    yep..is an endless situation..they have to do something for it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”