Options

Who's driving from Chicago towards Cincinnati on Aug 25th?

SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Just need to hitch a ride with someone on Aug 25th preferably in the morning from Chicago to Cincinnati.
I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
#standingman #duranadam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RazzyLaneRazzyLane Posts: 146
    If a ride falls through, fares are currently $10 through MegaBus. ;)

http://www.megabus.com/us/index.php
  • Options
    hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    Sorry, heading back on the 24th. Wish I was staying until the 25th!
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Just need to hitch a ride with someone on Aug 25th preferably in the morning from Chicago to Cincinnati.
    What is in Cincinnati? :geek:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,627
    BeerBaron wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:

WKRP
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    100 Pacer wrote:
    WKRP

Their morning show sucks, but Dr. Johnny Fever is the heat!
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    WKRP

i was thinking more along the lines of the TV show, but it's all good,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    100 Pacer wrote:
    HeavyHands wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    WKRP

i was thinking more along the lines of the TV show, but it's all good,...

:shock: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Johnny_Fever

;)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,361
    100 Pacer wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:

WKRP

0417_howard_hessman_getty_launch.jpg

:lol:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,021
    BeerBaron wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    http://www.10best.com/Cincinnati,OH/Att ... ctivities/ :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:

I need to be there on the 25th.
    So about that megabus thingy. Has anyone used that before?

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    http://www.10best.com/Cincinnati,OH/Att ... ctivities/ :mrgreen:

Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Category: Best Attractions & Activities - Cincinnati Attractions & Activities

This zoo, which opened in 1875, is the second oldest in the United States and houses more than 500 species of animals and 3000 varieties of plants. Jungle Trails, Dragons of Komodo, Gorilla World, Lemur Lookout, and the Spaulding Children's Zoo are some of the zoo's popular attractions.

I say we visit this zoo & release all those animals!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Lemur Lookout

:shock:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Lemur Lookout

:shock:

Let's do it! Let free these animals! If the Flaming Lips can do it, so can we! :P
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:

can you tell how tired my brain is that i instinctively replied to your post without actually processing the substance of your post?!

:lol:

• Options
    Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Category: Best Attractions & Activities - Cincinnati Attractions & Activities

This zoo, which opened in 1875, is the second oldest in the United States and houses more than 500 species of animals and 3000 varieties of plants. Jungle Trails, Dragons of Komodo, Gorilla World, Lemur Lookout, and the Spaulding Children's Zoo are some of the zoo's popular attractions.

I say we visit this zoo & release all those animals![/quote]

I live outside of Cincy and on July 25-26 my son and I will be spending the night at the Zoo as a part of the Cub Scout program. We get a nighttime tour of the animals/ feedings and the Zoo staff makes us breakfast Sunday morning. Been looking forward to it for weeks now. Anyways, whats all the talk of Cincy on the 25th of August? What am I missing?
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    I figured it out now. Its the day after the PJ Chicago shows. Maybe the band will head on down here to Cincy for a show. I'd settle for Columbus, Cleveland or Indy also!
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    Could you not hijack the thread? If you wanna free up animals go ahead but this thread was not about that.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Roger, they are on to us! :lol:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Roger, they are on to us! :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Well, when the recess is over, if you happen to know anybody, just send them my way.
    Demetrios, I didn't think you were talking to me anyway. What's all this quoting me and posting under the threads I start?

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:

I've used megabus dozens of times, mostly from Chicago to Toledo and a few times Chicago to Cleveland. It's pretty easy. No reserved seats, so you wanna get there early if you hope to land your own or avoid awkwardly asking someone to move their shit over so you can sit there. But it's not like greyhound with the most scary degenerates of the country onboard. It's mostly college kids going to and from home for a weekend.

They've typically run pretty much on time when I've ridden. Once or twice they ran a bit late, which can be annoying because they have little to no system for notifying you of that. In addition, last summer my brother and his wife had a rough xp with megabus becos they were traveling in the hottest part of summer and they had trouble keeping the megabuses running in that heat, so there were a lot of delays. But I've never really had a problem and neither has my gf.

Overall though, I'd definitely recommend it!
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    I've used megabus dozens of times, mostly from Chicago to Toledo and a few times Chicago to Cleveland. It's pretty easy. No reserved seats, so you wanna get there early if you hope to land your own or avoid awkwardly asking someone to move their shit over so you can sit there. But it's not like greyhound with the most scary degenerates of the country onboard. It's mostly college kids going to and from home for a weekend.

They've typically run pretty much on time when I've ridden. Once or twice they ran a bit late, which can be annoying because they have little to no system for notifying you of that. In addition, last summer my brother and his wife had a rough xp with megabus becos they were traveling in the hottest part of summer and they had trouble keeping the megabuses running in that heat, so there were a lot of delays. But I've never really had a problem and neither has my gf.

I believe that is just the info you are looking for ;) no worries, the point of the thread won't be lost!
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Thank you so much. This is very helpful.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Could you not hijack the thread? If you wanna free up animals go ahead but this thread was not about that.

relax