Options

With Philly Coming can we sell/exchange Chicago ?

Roscoe28Roscoe28 Posts: 56
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Hello all,

I was wondering what the 10 Club policy is regarding ticket exchanges. I am from Upstate NY and obviously Philly is closer than Chicago. I purchased 10 Club tickets to both Chicago shows and would gladly sell them to another 10 Club member if allowed.

Is there any precedence for this ? Does 10 Club allow members to sell/exchange tickets with other members ? had I known Philly was coming I wouldn't have bought the Chicago tickets....

Curious to know your thoughts.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Ten Club does not permit selling tickets (aside from the extra ticket at face value) as far as I can recall. I know there have been a few instances where an emergency was involved, but those are rare if I remember.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    Why not go to both?
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    the answer would be no. and thats why i dont dig the announcing a few shows at a time.

you bought Chi-town tickets thinking ( like a lot of people ) that was your best shot.

Now Philly is coming and you would rather go to that. Had we known about the Philly show sooner you wouldnt be in this jam.

anyway. good luck.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Yeah - thats the really annoying part of this trickle approach to announcing concerts.

Right now I'm going to wonder if I should bother with Philly knowing there's going to be West Coast dates coming up too... its such a pain to have no idea if this is the best shot or not.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    drsluggo wrote:
    Yeah - thats the really annoying part of this trickle approach to announcing concerts.

Right now I'm going to wonder if I should bother with Philly knowing there's going to be West Coast dates coming up too... its such a pain to have no idea if this is the best shot or not.

pain is not the word. I just drove 8 hours to see EV solo in Memphis ( live in Cincinnati ) as much as i want to see them, i really dont want to have to do another long trip if i dont have to. i will , but i would like to know my options.

oh well. it will all work out i guess.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Roscoe28Roscoe28 Posts: 56
    Believe me I'd love to go to both, but the cost would be too much.

I don't see the harm in 10C allowing members to sell tickets to other members for face value. I'm sure there are a lot of other 10c members that would take my Chicago tickets in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    edited July 2009
    Roscoe28 wrote:

I don't see the harm in 10C allowing members to sell tickets to other members for face value. I'm sure there are a lot of other 10c members that would take my Chicago tickets in a heartbeat.

This issue is people were abusing the transfer system in place awhile back.

Member A with great 10c number buys tickets for a show they have no intention of going to and transfers to their friend who has a bad number. By now tickets already assigned to each member so you have to keep the tickets with the 10c number of the orginial purchaser.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Roscoe28 wrote:

They used to allow it but then people with low numbers were selling their tickets at face + sometihng else to members with higher #s to avoid the seniority stuff.

That said I just wish they would announce everything at once like most 'tours' do... since I'm in Chicago this specific one doesnt screw me up, but I'd like to go to Philly but not if there are some nice west dates I'd love to know what they are.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Roscoe28 wrote:

I am one of those people. I cannot go to Philly but I would be willing to buy Philly for someone and trade them for their night 1 in Chicago!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    did people honestly think there was only going to be chicago, toronto, and ACL with an album release right around the corner??? for those that jumped the gun, it seems right that they should have to bite the bullet now... not pointing any fingers - i hear what youre saying - but those that had enough money in the first place to arrange long distance travel for a concert are much better off than most these days... patience is a virtue... buyer beware... (insert infinitly many cliche words of wisdom here)

dont mean to be preachy... the OP's not whining about it... legit question... just addressing this issue in general

on the bright side, the chicago shows will be better than the philly one(s) :mrgreen:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    sgossard3 wrote:
    did people honestly think there was only going to be chicago, toronto, and ACL with an album release right around the corner??? for those that jumped the gun, it seems right that they should have to bite the bullet now... not pointing any fingers - i hear what youre saying - but those that had enough money in the first place to arrange long distance travel for a concert are much better off than most these days... patience is a virtue... buyer beware... (insert infinitly many cliche words of wisdom here)

dont mean to be preachy... the OP's not whining about it... legit question... just addressing this issue in general

on the bright side, the chicago shows will be better than the philly one(s) :mrgreen:
    Hate to say it, but if we fans were given some kind of forewarning as to what cities they would be tentatively playing in, there wouldn't be these questions such as the OP's. Better communication from above would be wonderful.
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    With the exception of MSG last year, almost every PJ show I have been to since 2000, there were plenty (or at least available) of people selling tickets out front for face value or less, I drove from Austin to both Dallas and San Antonio in 2003 by myself and bought tickets for $20.00 and $25.00 (both reserved seat), they were both singles though. When I went to my reserved seat in Dallas the guys next to me asked me what I paid for my ticket, I told them $25.00 apparently they sold it for $15.00 to the guy who sold it to me. People were selling tickets for face last summer at Mansfield and Hartford.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:

Hate to say it, but if we fans were given some kind of forewarning as to what cities they would be tentatively playing in, there wouldn't be these questions such as the OP's. Better communication from above would be wonderful.
    i didnt attend any of the '08 shows because there wasnt anything near me... had they announced a chicago show i wouldve been there but they did not... so i waited patiently until this year... this stuff only happens to the "mega fans" that have to be at every tour and have the money to get there at any cost... i love the band as much as anyone... but as a po' mother fucker i can never show too much sympathy :D (jealousy speaking)

i hear what youre saying... but look at it from the 10C's perspective - people in the OP's position that arent allowed to sell their chicago tix are more likely to attend both... its a business move aimed at the hardcore fan base

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    You already have your tickets to Chicago, so what's the problem? When they announced it you were happy to take the trip, but now they're playing Philly you don't want to go to Chicago?

You can't afford to go to Philly too? Well, that's OK because you don't have to. You've already committed time and funds to Chicago, so just enjoy it and forget about Philly. Pretend that they aren't playing anywhere else...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    bazzer wrote:
    You already have your tickets to Chicago, so what's the problem? When they announced it you were happy to take the trip, but now they're playing Philly you don't want to go to Chicago?

You can't afford to go to Philly too? Well, that's OK because you don't have to. You've already committed time and funds to Chicago, so just enjoy it and forget about Philly. Pretend that they aren't playing anywhere else...

great post. :)
    obviously...i agree.......;)
    the 'problem' with reselling 10c tix to other fans, as others have already mentioned, was the abuse that did happen, apparently too frequently. also, it's more paperwork on 10cs behalf, having to keep track of members switches, etc. you buy tix knowing full well as it is clearly stated, no refunds/resales.

honestly, while philly is closer to me, i'd far prefer going to chicago. i've never spent any time in chi-town, i have in philly....so chicago would be more 'fun' to me in that sense. however, the dates just don't jive with my work, so philly...or perhaps somewhere else!...will be on my agenda.

bottomline, enjoy your shows!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    i didnt attend any of the '08 shows because there wasnt anything near me... had they announced a chicago show i wouldve been there but they did not... so i waited patiently until this year... this stuff only happens to the "mega fans" that have to be at every tour and have the money to get there at any cost... i love the band as much as anyone... but as a po' mother fucker i can never show too much sympathy :D (jealousy speaking)

i hear what youre saying... but look at it from the 10C's perspective - people in the OP's position that arent allowed to sell their chicago tix are more likely to attend both... its a business move aimed at the hardcore fan base
    For a band that claims to be all about the fans, for them to buck up the profits by targeting the "hard core" fans' wallets, isn't really a very fan-loving move, now is it?
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

For a band that claims to be all about the fans, for them to buck up the profits by targeting the "hard core" fans' wallets, isn't really a very fan-loving move, now is it?
    not sure if were in agreement or not... who do you think are buying the limited edition books, reissues, and posters?? none of this stuff would interest casual fans... i dont mean to say that were getting taken advantage of - we get some cool merch in exchange - but the marketing decisions of this band have certainly shifted over the years... maybe theyre no longer capable of selling out shows without people traveling from all over... and maybe they need to trick some people into concert trips they otherwise wouldnt take... i guess what i mean to say is the band is capable of loving us and our money :D

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    not sure if were in agreement or not... who do you think are buying the limited edition books, reissues, and posters?? none of this stuff would interest casual fans... i dont mean to say that were getting taken advantage of - we get some cool merch in exchange - but the marketing decisions of this band have certainly shifted over the years... maybe theyre no longer capable of selling out shows without people traveling from all over... and maybe they need to trick some people into concert trips they otherwise wouldnt take... i guess what i mean to say is the band is capable of loving us and our money :D
    You're right, the band's interests certainly have shifted over the years...everything's about money now.But I disagree that they can't sell out without "tricking" fans as you call it. As a matter of fact, the fact that you bring up that they may trick us into purchasing a certain way is a manipulative and dirty selling strategy, and it would make sense as to why they can't seem to announce more than 2 cities at a time....Buyer Beware.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    I can't believe people actually believe Pearl Jam is trying to screw their fan club...