Options

SOOO whats the odds that the HAWAII posters are done by...

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited June 2009 in The Porch
.........EDDIE VEDDER..............like i said in a in a past post...i had emailed brad a few questions about the EV tour and his involvement with the posters.....he said that him and ED where doin a few of them together...from the pattern. im going to have to guess that he helped brad with the Hawaii posters like he did in the past with the CHICAGO poster....my question to you is HOW MANY OF YOU ARE GOING TO STAY HOME FROM WORK WHEN BRAD DROPS THEM ON HIS WEBSITE.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i know i will do anything to try and get one....
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    according to Brads email.. he isn't doing any. They ran out of time.

From Brads Email

Eddie Vedder Hawaii poster
    Originally I was going to do a poster for the Hawaii shows of the tour,
    unfortunately Ed wasn't into his first concept I had done for him and sent
    me back to the drawing board and then wasn't into the 2nd attempt. So I did
    two totally different posters, but neither were what Ed was looking for... and
    time has run out. And that's a shame, I was liking the 2nd one... but so it goes...
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    why did you have to crush my dreams like that......... :cry::cry:
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    yoke wrote:

From Brads Email

time has run out. And that's a shame, I was liking the 2nd one... but so it goes...
    that just means that ed got sick of BK's shit work and went with someone else to do the hawaii posters... ames always does a great job with the surf theme :mrgreen:

*fingers crossed*
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    joe2468 wrote:
    why did you have to crush my dreams like that......... :cry::cry:

lol.. sorry... hey maybe a local artist will make a very cool print or maybe Brad will release an unoffical print from the show you never know .
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    There's gotta be something right?!?!? I've been envisioning something so colorful with hawaiian flowers and cool looking Hawaii imagery.

I hope Im surprised by something great next week. Fingers are solidly crossed.
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    There's gotta be something right?!?!? I've been envisioning something so colorful with hawaiian flowers and cool looking Hawaii imagery.

you going?????
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    sgossard3 wrote:
    yoke wrote:

From Brads Email

that just means that ed got sick of BK's shit work and went with someone else to do the hawaii posters... ames always does a great job with the surf theme :mrgreen:

*fingers crossed*

I hope you're joking with the BK comment? :shock:
    Brad has been a lot more consistent over the past few years with producing great posters than Ames has
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:

*fingers crossed*

I hope you're joking with the BK comment? :shock:
    Brad has been a lot more consistent over the past few years with producing great posters than Ames has
    ive never been quiet about my dislike for klausens stuff... muddy colors, over designed, no sense of humor... in short - completely drab... looks like something that would be airbrushed on a motorcycle

its easy to be more consistent when you do less posters... id take 2 or 3 great posters per tour (ames has always had atleast that IMO) over 5 or 6 decent ones from BK

just a difference of opinion of course... but when you compare the hawaii prints especially its no contest... ames is great about using old print ads, comics, etc. to inspire their work and i think that ecclectic approach is SO MUCH what PJ is about
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    The U2/PJ Honolulu Hawaii 06 Klausen poster is the best PJ Hawaii poster in my opinion.
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    TipJammer wrote:

you going?????

Im going! Can't wait. You going?
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    TipJammer wrote:

you going?????

Im going! Can't wait. You going?

wish i could...i thought about it,but the flight from the east cost to hawaii is like a trillion bucks.....plus i looked at it like this.....go to one REALLY AWSOME SHOW IN HAWAII....or got to 4-5 REALLY AWSOME SHOWS on the main land
  • Options
    I hear ya bro. I just saw it as a really great reason to go to Hawaii. Plus.. I have a great new girlfriend and this will be our first big trip together. And... when will I ever again have the opportunity to see Ed in Maui solo ever again. Maybe never.

SO.. I go. I need a vacay from work too. So sick of effing working. Swear... vacations change me. I might come back inspired to not work anymore. At this company at least. We'll see.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    TipJammer wrote:
    I hear ya bro. I just saw it as a really great reason to go to Hawaii. Plus.. I have a great new girlfriend and this will be our first big trip together. And... when will I ever again have the opportunity to see Ed in Maui solo ever again. Maybe never.

SO.. I go. I need a vacay from work too. So sick of effing working. Swear... vacations change me. I might come back inspired to not work anymore. At this company at least. We'll see.
    :D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”