Could you imagine...

CahootsCahoots Posts: 140
edited February 2008 in The Porch
You're sitting in the audience at the Centre in Vancouver waiting for Ed Vedder to start his show.

The lights go down, and a full band walks out.

At first you're surprized that he has a full band... Then you count the numbers... two, four, five... six with the big guy on the organ. Big guy on the organ? Wait a mintue... intro to Release starts up and indeed it is...

April fools!
Cahoots

1992 VAN
1993 VAN
1998 Missoula
2000 Barcelona & Boise
2002 SEA 2x
2003 VAN
2005 VAN, Calgary, Edmonton & Saskatoon
2006 The Gorge
2009 SEA & VAN
2011 VAN
2013 Portland & VAN
2015 Mexico City
2018 Missoula
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    i would piss my self
  • They couldn't 't be able to keep it under wraps that the full band was playing. Just like Toledo in 04. We knew that Neil was coming out before it actually happened.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • 58823005882300 Posts: 813
    This makes me want to cry.
  • I see this happening:
    Eddie walks on stage by himself carying only a ukelele ...

he sits down, greets the audience with a half cocked smile,
    "assumes the position" with the Uke ... quickly, and with a Pete Townshend like windmill form strums the instrument a singular time with massive force, causing it to shriek out sound ... tosses it to the floor, raises his right hand in the "metal" salute, yells "ONE NOTE! THANK YOU. GOOD NIGHT!" ... and walks off the stage.

End of Show.
    April Fools!

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    October22 wrote:
    this is going to sound really shitty and i know people are going to come down hard on me for this but...

i would be (if only for a fraction of a second) sort of disappointed.

don't get me wrong, i've loved every show more than the last but i really want to see the show i'm paying to see. i want to see an ed solo show. it will be something really unique and i can't wait to see how he fills that amount of time on stage as a solo artist.

call me crazy

This is the first time, I've seen someone here complain, about something PJ hasn't done, but only was imagined by someone else...

(I'd like Mike to show up as a surprise appearance);)
  • Cahoots wrote:
    You're sitting in the audience at the Centre in Vancouver waiting for Ed Vedder to start his show.

The lights go down, and a full band walks out.

At first you're surprized that he has a full band... Then you count the numbers... two, four, five... six with the big guy on the organ. Big guy on the organ? Wait a mintue... intro to Release starts up and indeed it is...

April fools!

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. :D
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • mike says austin city limits show.... jeff says a month in tn would be good for us..... matt says summer west coast tour.... if anyone could catch stone... he probably has another month in mind.... from my knowledge they are all in seattle.... working on a new record..........??? or workin on an upcoming tour?? april fools day itself could be the show to be at...in seattle... come on showbox is open an innocent tuesday nite.... it could happen.... then again flying monkeys might pick me up and fly me to the lurkers house in kewanee,il because this was his original idea......... longlive the lurker...