Options

I'm gonna save you fucker....

tommygunz12tommygunz12 Posts: 20
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Just curious if anyone has heard (officially, possibly from a band member in an interview or something) what 'Save You' is actually about. I used to debate with a buddy: I thought it was about a love/girlfriend situation and he brought up the idea that its possibly about watching someone struggle with a drug problem, which could make sense too. Anyone have any thoughts?

-Tom-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    just so ya know there's a separate forum for interpretations and stuff like that...

you'll probably get more responses over there since some posters post there exclusively.

viewforum.php?f=6
  • Options
    cool, thanks man!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    just so ya know there's a separate forum for interpretations and stuff like that...

you'll probably get more responses over there since some posters post there exclusively.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewforum.php?f=6
    people use that? thats probably the one forum ive never looked at...

i would leave it here to get a greater response

good call on the drug addiction thing... or some kind of tough love... guess ive never really thought about it
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    sgossard3 wrote:

viewforum.php?f=6
    people use that? thats probably the one forum ive never looked at...

lol yah i see people posting there that i rarely see posting in this forum.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    It's definitely about an addiction of some kind ... Some people think it's about Mike, but given the time frame in which it was written, I think it's about Chris Cornell.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Jammin2PearlJammin2Pearl Posts: 266
    It's definitely about an addiction of some kind ... Some people think it's about Mike, but given the time frame in which it was written, I think it's about Chris Cornell.

A lot points to it being Mike.

And the time frame of binarual , I forget where i read it [if i need to I will scour everything for it ] but Mike was actually into pills...he went from one thing to another..crones had a hand in all the addictions...

I am a believer that the song is about Mike..
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    I always assumed it was about mikes addiction.

I know someone has a link to an interview....I remember reading it a while back. I dont think ed was specific...of course. But the interview was cool.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    save you is about johnny ramone's cancer.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Save_You

It's about dealing with friends' addictions.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    How funny, been saying this line all day ;p
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    right now it's about me
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759

A lot points to it being Mike.

And the time frame of binarual , I forget where i read it [if i need to I will scour everything for it ] but Mike was actually into pills...he went from one thing to another..crones had a hand in all the addictions...

I am a believer that the song is about Mike..

Cornell was pretty fucked along the same timeframe too. It could be that it's not about one single person.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    DewieCox wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Save_You

It's about dealing with friends' addictions.
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”