Options

Anyone else think...

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited June 2009 in The Porch
That PJ/10C is spending way too much time on this whole Ten reissue thing and not enough talking about the new album. Isnt that really whats important?
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 715
    no, theyre probably just working out details of releasing Backspacer. When you don't have a record label to do that, I imagine it's a time consuming task.
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    Pearl Jam isn't spending a lot of time on the re-issue. Sony/Legacy is doing the leg work.

I hope they don't do too much press for Backspacer. The music should speak for itself. All that press for Avocado for what? an average pj album. (don't kill me, it's above average I meant to say) J-Records and consequently PJ themselves hyped Avocado a little too much.

If Backspacer is great, us fans will know that it's great, even if it's not a mainstream success. If it isn't great we will all know that too. (riot act).

Or, If Backspacer has serious mainstream potential then everyone will know about it because songs will be played on the radio. That's how a band becomes popular again, they have their songs played constantly on rock radio all day long, everyday..... ie. Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Green Day, etc.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    It's all about keepin them in the news now, to try and carry some momentum to the new album.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    Dark Star wrote:
    Pearl Jam isn't spending a lot of time on the re-issue. Sony/Legacy is doing the leg work.

I hope they don't do too much press for Backspacer. The music should speak for itself. All that press for Avocado for what? an average pj album. (don't kill me, it's above average I meant to say) J-Records and consequently PJ themselves hyped Avocado a little too much.

If Backspacer is great, us fans will know that it's great, even if it's not a mainstream success. If it isn't great we will all know that too. (riot act).

Or, If Backspacer has serious mainstream potential then everyone will know about it because songs will be played on the radio. That's how a band becomes popular again, they have their songs played constantly on rock radio all day long, everyday..... ie. Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Green Day, etc.
    Press or no press, the music will be what the music will be. The only difference will be the band's exposure, and the band's paycheque. I'm totally in favour of the band having a larger paycheque, and I'm completely in favour of seeing fresh energy at the shows, so I see no problem with press.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I don't care how much they promote it... I really just want a press release for the album, from the band or their management... I'm really trying to be patient though it's hard to be patient when we've gone 3 years without anything new from them.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    I don't care how much they promote it... I really just want a press release for the album, from the band or their management... I'm really trying to be patient though it's hard to be patient when we've gone 3 years without anything new from them.
    It's weird, it hasn't really been killing me like it seems to be for some people on this board.. I could go forever without a new album - just not without a tour!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,122
    I think we should at least be the first ones to get info on the new album, not from some German magazine that someone thankfully posted here. We all pay to be in the loop with our band, you would think we should be on the inside looking out. But I still love the 10c, just an observation.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I think we should at least be the first ones to get info on the new album, not from some German magazine that someone thankfully posted here. We all pay to be in the loop with our band, you would think we should be on the inside looking out. But I still love the 10c, just an observation.

I agree but I've come to terms with the notion that the only thing I can expect from the 10c membership I have is a chance to buy tickets for shows, a christmas single, and a newsletter every so often... of course they have some cool goodies to buy here too.

I admit I really liked it back in the day when they had the rumor pit and other things of that nature to keep the fans satiated.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    That PJ/10C is spending way too much time on this whole Ten reissue thing and not enough talking about the new album. Isnt that really whats important?

What have they been doing with the Ten reissue recently?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    Can't wait for the Backspacer Re-Issue!!
    It'll be awesome ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    benjs wrote:
    It's weird, it hasn't really been killing me like it seems to be for some people on this board.. I could go forever without a new album - just not without a tour!

Your crazy! The september release date doesn't bother me so much, but the lack of news does a little.
    What have they been doing with the Ten reissue recently?

Apparently a "porch" music video.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    no, theyre probably just working out details of releasing Backspacer. When you don't have a record label to do that, I imagine it's a time consuming task.
    YEP...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”