Jaws....

CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
edited July 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
I can't resist this movie.
"I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    ....Especially when I'm in Palm Beach florida snorkeling. :shock:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    This was no boating accident!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Boys, oh boys... I think he's come back for his noon feeding.
    Brody: Is it true that most people get attacked by sharks in three feet of water about ten feet from the beach?
    Hooper: Yeah.
    Brody: And that... and that before people started to swim for recreation - I mean before sharks knew what they were missing - that a lot of these attacks weren't reported?
    Hooper: That's right.
    Brody: Now this shark that... that... that swims alone...
    Hooper: Rogue.
    Brody: What's it called?
    Hooper, Brody: [together] Rogue.
    Brody: Rogue, yeah. Now this guy, he... he keeps swimmin' around in a place where the feeding is good until the food supply is gone, right?
    Hooper: It's called "territoriality". It's just a theory that I happen to... agree with.
    Brody: Then why don't we have one more drink and go down and cut that shark open?
    Ellen Brody: Martin? Can you do that?
    Brody: I can do anything; I'm the chief of police.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    We're gonna need a bigger boat.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Smile you son of a BITCH.
    Quint: i]as he spots Hooper sitting on the deck playing solitaire[/i Stop playin' with yourself, Hooper.

Peace

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so never more shall we see you again.
  • IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    Mayor Vaughn: Martin, it's all psychological. You yell barracuda, everybody says, "Huh? What?" You yell shark, we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark.

jawshiresphotos001.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    Jaws was honestly my FAVORITE movie as a kid! I'd watch it over and over again. There is a lady in the movie who looks just like my mom.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Wife and I just watched it again last night..good timing ;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    great flick
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I'll drink to your leg.....
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I had five movies on tape when I was a kid in the 80's, and these are probably still the five movies I know best...

Star Wars (all three of the originals, but I'll count it all as one)
    Temple of Doom
    Goonies
    Ghostbusters
    Jaws
  • Show me the way to go home
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know, was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: shark comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nrvMNf-HEg
    Show me the way to go home

I'm tired and I wanna go to bed
  • I had a little drink about an hour ago
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
    I had a little drink about an hour ago

And it's gone right to my head
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,764
    Greatest movie EVER. This can't be disputed.

"OK, well then can you tell me where there's a good restaurant or hotel on the island?"

" --ah...you walk straight ahead."

Hilarious

....Here lies the body of Mary Lee, died at the age of a 'hundred and three, for fifteen years she kept her virginity, not a bad record for this vicinity....
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I read the book when I was eleven. I remember loving all the swear words in it so much that I underlined them all. :oops:
    Jaws was honestly my FAVORITE movie as a kid! I'd watch it over and over again. There is a lady in the movie who looks just like my mom.
    you sure we weren't separated at birth??!! :lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    I'll never forget seeing it with the family as a youngster (like 9) in a theater while on vacation on Cape Cod. A hot summer day, we went to the movies to get some AC. I remember the sensation in the dark theater while the music would play during those early underwater scenes filmed from the shark's perspective...felt like something was swimming under the seats, I lifted my feet up on my chair.
    Then when the movie ended, we returned to our rented cottage and went down to the beach. I got ankle deep in the water and could go no further.
    Masterful film, too bad Spielberg became so full of himself later on.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I read the book when I was eleven. I remember loving all the swear words in it so much that I underlined them all. :oops:
    OMG---my husband memorized the page where the "dirty" scene with Hooper started!!! hahaha---he probably STILL remembers that page #!!!
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I love Jaws . This movie was the reason I became so fascinated with sharks, especially White Sharks. Finally acted on this fascination is 2006 when I went into a cage to look at White Sharks off The Great Barrier Reef . One more great reason to go to OZ when PJ tours there.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,472
    probably my favorite movie of all time

Quint is definitely my favorite character of all time

Quint: What are you? Some kind of half-assed astronaut? :lol:
    Quint: Jesus H Christ, when I was a boy, every little squirt wanted to be a harpooner or a sword fisherman. What d'ya have there - a portable shower or a monkey cage? :lol:
    Hooper: Anti-Shark cage.
    Quint: Anti-shark cage. You go inside the cage?
    Quint: Cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark.
    Quint: Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Without a doubt in my top three favorites of all time!
    Totally agree about QUINT. But all the characters in the film kick ass.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MOVIE.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The best shit ever..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    edited July 2009
    Ellen Brody: Martin hates boats. Martin hates water. Martin... Martin sits in his car when we go on the ferry to the mainland. I guess it's a childhood thing. It's a... there's a clinical name for it isn't there?

Brody: Drowning.

:lol: one of my all time favorite movies EVER !

the banter back and forth between Brody , Hooper and Quint shaped me a lot in my writing when it comes to dialogue.

Going to have to watch this tonight !!

Every time one of my friends visits from out of town, it never fails this movie winds up been played.
    We quote the whole movie.
    The other people with us actually clapped for us when it was over. lol ah drunken nights watching jaws are the best. :lol:
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel