Options

PJ not the only band with Tonight Show sound problems

nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
edited June 2009 in The Porch
There was a lot of talk about Ed's voice during the discussion of the Got Some performance,
but mostly lost in the discussion was any mention of how bad the overall sound was. Even
if Ed had the voice of Pavarotti that night he still would have been lost in the mix.

Looks like it wasn't an isolated problem. I found this on-line...

Meanwhile, Wilco has their seventh proper full-length (the self-titled Wilco) coming out next week, but have a bigger challenge in trying to tame the new Tonight Show stage with their sound problems. Conan is still enjoying a honeymoon period, but rest assured, if the sound isn't fixed, don't be surprised if bands start to hit Letterman and Fallon first instead, to guarantee a certain quality of sound.

http://www.film.com/tv/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon/story/music-tv-week-bpa-featuring/28812290
EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    nukeboot wrote:
    There was a lot of talk about Ed's voice during the discussion of the Got Some performance,
    but mostly lost in the discussion was any mention of how bad the overall sound was. Even
    if Ed had the voice of Pavarotti that night he still would have been lost in the mix.

Looks like it wasn't an isolated problem. I found this on-line...

Meanwhile, Wilco has their seventh proper full-length (the self-titled Wilco) coming out next week, but have a bigger challenge in trying to tame the new Tonight Show stage with their sound problems. Conan is still enjoying a honeymoon period, but rest assured, if the sound isn't fixed, don't be surprised if bands start to hit Letterman and Fallon first instead, to guarantee a certain quality of sound.

http://www.film.com/tv/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon/story/music-tv-week-bpa-featuring/28812290

Yeah i noticed neko case sounded off when she played too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Yeah the bands on there sound bad... Sonic Youth sounded great on Fallon last night though.